[1.1.3.0 - 1.1.9.1] (2H Ranged) Let's bring BIG GUNS TO THE BATTLE - Desolator Purifier [c+] [sr+]

Or maybe it’s better to open a separate thread in a way of a “build diary”.

1 Like

I understood it as I can create a topic in “classes, skills and builds” section

Is that good place ?

Yes, not in “here” here, but in the Classes, Skills and Builds section of the forum.

1 Like

Hello, I am really interested into getting into that build - can u give me some ideas which skills to lvl up and a devotion path please? Would be greatly appreciated

Here you go😃

this is the way I did it

Hi, since i’m fairly new to Grim Dawn (have played quite a bit of Path of Exile) I wonder what skills in the tree you have to level up first? Is it the ones you circled in the video?

anyways, looking forward to play it :wink:

Try looking at the thread above your post by The_Coyote for an idea.

hey fantastic build thank you

what about Elemental Storm from Rhowan’s Crown tho? would this build not be even strogner with this instead of eldritch fire from soales witchblade / or both?

The build uses the skeletons from Revenant for the flat resist reduction (“XX Reduced target’s Resistances”) instead of Rhowan’s Crown (only the largest value will be used by this kind of resist reduction). And you should have the devotion with the -xx% and one with flat (“XX Reduced”) to max you resist reduction and therefore damage

1 Like

ah thanks,

but doesnt the RR from revenant only affect one target per skeleton because it has no radius like emental storm?

yes, but the skeletons (you will have more than one) will move to their target(s) and will therefore apply it rather fast

1 Like

ah okay thank you so much

so its overall the better solution as it seems

If it is better :dunno: - but both (Revenant, Rhowan’s Crown) have their pro and contras - and than there is also the general devotions setup which is a limiting factor

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember them to hit multiple characters at once, they usually spread out

Devotion with Elemental Storm is good too, here’s one for example Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.1.7.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
2 more procs - Magi and Chariot - if that’s what one’s going for

3 Likes

With upcoming nerf of Desolator by means of removing passthrough on it, will this setup remain competive as 2H ranged playstyle or has the time come to swith to Dagallon/something else?

for the current state of PT the build seems pretty pointless to me and weak.
we’ll see how it goes but I’d better switch to sth else.

can something like this be competetive? Probably switching aguments around is required.

from what I known about latest tests, it was so/so, nat really bad but not that great at all.
imo, purifier is now not the best ranged class at all.

I’m toying with the thought of going back to Grim Dawn. Last played it before Forgotten Gods was out, picked that up a few months ago. Would have my first char to be something like this. Meaning two-handed ranged, focus on a few skills with many passives and heavily using a single auto attack skill. But am a bit worried after having read the last few entries here, if this is still viable. Has that much changed between 1.1.9.1 and 1.1.9.5? Does this build carry me through all three difficulties?