Making a retaliation warder with Dawnbreaker’s Light set was my dream even since late AoM but on the start of FG the build showed itself very poor and I lost it for a very long time.
Now special thanks go to @Safarel whose build reminded me of revising my own and bringing it back to life.
- Armor - super-BiS choice because combined Dawnguard&Dawnbreaker is the best and only combo for lightning retal.
- Rings - overall good stats and good proc, very useful here.
- Belt - boosts our retal damage, the best belt for it.
- Relic - +1 to shaman, also boosts retal.
- Pants - best pants for any type of retal build.
Gear is crafted for slow res
PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD
- Super-sturdy, almost immortal, this build is a true tank in a nutshell. High block, resists, tons of damage absorption.
- Viable for new players because of pt.1.
- High retaliation damage - up to 330k.
- Doesn’t fear but like all powerful melee combatants like Fabius, Alkamos, Benn’jahr etc. Watch the videos and notice why
- Build is rather slow but it is fully compensated by its tankiness.
- Casters (especially lightning resistant like Valdaran) take long time to kill. Thus, Imbued Silver can be replaced by Purified Salt.
- Lack of RR but it doesn’t feel like a problem since the damage is still huge.
Crucible - average time is ~12 mins but the build is almost immortal.
SR - some vids of SR75-76 below. Actually, pushed the build to SR80 but faced a bugged Crimson Sister that didn’t take almost any damage, broke the timer and got tired. Nevertheless, the build has the potential to go further - will try it with new Waystones.
Ravager of Flesh Ultimate kill
If I’m not too lazy, will try Calla/Crate and post the vid, if successful.
Special thanks to all Safarel Discord Community.