Afanasenkov26's build collection

INTRODUCTION

This is a small collection of my builds for Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods. :slight_smile: Most of them are melee/ranged with few casters among them.
Note: if a build isn’t included in this collection, that means I will probably never return to it and update (or I don’t want to play it for now).
All builds are 150-170 Crucible and at least SR65-66 viable, some can go up to SR80-90.
Feel free to enjoy them and ask questions!

LIST OF BUILDS (with some commentaries to them)

:crossed_swords: A Knight of the Round Table - 2H Pierce Blademaster. Hard-hitting and pretty nice to play but requiring some skill build. Not for beginners.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:fire: Ashes to ashes - Melee Fire Defiler. One of my favourite builds. Not easy to play and get proper gear but smooth and rather fun. Also one of a few working builds on melee FS.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:cyclone: The Spirit Seeker - Elemental Cadence tactician. Simple, sturdy, good for beginners. May seem a bit weak in endgame because of small amount of RR.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_chthonian: Rah’Zin’s Slaughterhouse - Yet Another Chaos Witch Hunter. Again one of my favourites. Among all my builds, this one is an unparalled 1on1 (or 1on2) combatant with incredible solo-damage and face-melting potential. Hard to build and play but it’s completely worth that.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:damage_chaos: Cloudy with a chance of DOOMBOLTS - Spam Chaos DB Pyro. Sturdy pyromancer that relies on huge health regen and rains down thousands of Doom Bolts. Pretty easy and very fun gameplay.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:fire: Let’s bring BIG GUNS TO THE BATTLE - Desolator Purifier. Surely, my best build and one of the best ranged builds now. Great damage that allows us to obliterate hordes of mobs in seconds, few buttons to push and high effectiveness. Beginner viable.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:fire: World on Fire - Fire FW Commando. Super-classic but never-getting-old build. Beginner viable.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:damage_lightning: Electrify My Life - SJ Purifier. Build that alongside with Rah’Zin is the champion in dealing solo-damage. Super-damaging but only if you stay literally face to face with your enemies.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:zap: High Voltage - Primal Strike Warder. Another battle-classic build. Beginner viable.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_solael: Mortal Reminder - Vitality FS Defiler. A build which I’m proud of. Suddenly well-working, damaging and sturdy defiler. Requires very rare gear but is fun to play.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:damage_cold: The King in the North - 2H Cold Trickster. One of my nice builds and the second who killed Ravager. Fast- and hard-hitting, one of the best Trickster builds for now.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_order: Reaper of Souls - Cold BH Reaper. My pride and surely one of my favourite builds. The first one I’ve ever made by myself and then kept upgrading till now. Not easy to play but the build is completely worth it.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:shield: The Dawn is Breaking - Retaliation Warder. Super-tanky build for going in deep SR and feeling yourself a rock. Beginner viable.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:damage_fire: Fury of the Wild - Blazerush Elementalist. A bit forgotten class and a bit unusual setup - but the build is hard-hitting and fun to play. Not perfect but still viable for beginners.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_bysmiel: Lady Deathwhisper - Cold ABB WH. Not an easy build as playing it is like a dancing on the edge - either you kill an enemy, or it kills you. So, the main goal is to be as deadly and quick as possible. Like it much more then classic acid WH.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_dreeg: The Primarch of Death - Deathguard Reaper. A mediocre build, safe in SR and a bit more inconsistent in Crucible. Like it as Deathguard Reaper finally works.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_undead: Rise of the Lord-Revenant - RtA DE Death Knight. Very tanky, very lazy, very damaging build. Budget setup will be added soon.
DOWNLOAD LINK

:faction_coven: Witch Hunter Strikes Back … Again - Vileblade WH. Fast, safe and hard-hitting classic for all times. One of my very first and favourite builds ever, now even better than before.
DOWNLOAD LINK

What collections I also do recommend:
Build Compendium X. Here you can find a build for every type of gameplay. A thread that must be checked :slight_smile:
Nery’s Beginner’s collection. If you’re a beginner, this thread is surely for you.
The Carnival - The Guide to Pets. For completely different experience of playing a pet build - go there. :bird:

What I DO NOT RECOMMEND: Please, at no costs follow David Allen’s aka Requnix so-called “guides”. No matter how beautiful and detailed they look, they’re crap.

29 Likes

Have to thank your for chaos Witchhunter. Seeing its WD (probably the highest WD value among all the builds in the game) inspired me to build one myself.

1 Like

Thanks!
Hope you’ve had a great time playing Chaos Witch Hunter :slight_smile:
Despite all possible disadvantages, it is a strong build nevertheless.

It’s the strongest single target i’ve played. The enemies just disappear.

Did you try it with Dark Desires + Shadow Strike? The gameplay is so smooth with two teleport attacks.

1 Like

I wanted but never did :thinking:

Afanasenkov build collection, nice! :ok_hand:

And thanks for cross linking my beginners build thread!

1 Like

Thanks! Finally decided to make one. :slight_smile:

nice collection! :slight_smile:

1 Like

SMALL UPDATE: added Google Drive links so you can download the char you wanna play and see how it performs in endgame by yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for putting all these great builds in one, easy to find place. I just finished your Blazerush Elementalist last week and loving it. I had an unfinished Elementalist for a year and didn’t know what to do with it, this worked very well, next to try your Chaos builds.

2 Likes

Thanks for this amazing collection dude! I spend a lot of time stashing builds to test out as many endgame possibilities as possible, and it’s very refreshing to see a respected buildmaker and theorycrafter who freely posts the builds to allow people to test them out. I guess a lot of people are guarded with their builds and don;t want to distribute them, but this cuts out a huge portion of time trying to get good rolls and actually making everything to spec. Huge props man. (been using your builds for about a year now, but just realized I haven’t commented much)

2 Likes

Thanks, man :slight_smile:
I’m glad you liked the builds, though some of them haven’t been updated for a long time (and some won’t be ever updated, sadly). Also not all of them are presented here.
Feel free to download and try any build you want!
(and share your experiece with it, if having such a desire)

1 Like

Believe it or not, I’ve played tried almost all of them. I like the defiler the best, personally, but I also love the DE retal. I’ve left some comments on other builds before. You are a great builder!

1 Like

oh man, thanks you again :slightly_smiling_face:

retal DE needs rework, btw, so better look at AlkamosHater version, he made it way better.

and the gargabol defiler is probably one of my best builds XD

2 Likes

Yeah I made the AH one too haha. Yours is lazier, and his is stronger. Either way, they are both good. Yours is what got me into the style of play and retal in general tho :smiley: I love just joining random people as your version, with just force move, DE, and movement skill on mouse. i did a bunch of one-handed challenges with just that stuff. Basically all the roguelike dungeons and such, and I pushed it pretty far in SR too. Love that build.

1 Like

You are amazing bro, to share all of this. Great thanks !!! Евала дето се казва !!! Grim_Master :):star_struck: