[1.1.4.2] The Doom God - The 0.6s CD Vitality Doom Bolter (Cr+, Naked farmer, SR 80)

-1 no bloodsworn gun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

-1. No crest of winter fortitude.

1 Like

If the energy consumption gets rebalanced, i think this build would be a really nice alternative to TSS. And it has its own niche too, you live via leeching rather than CDR mirror, and you do just as good single target if not more. You also become more mobile.

I’d say this combo is even worth getting another set support for.

lul. No set can compete with this to quote plaguemirth garbage burrito.

Honestly, the 2 items literally holding the build together is clairvoyant’s scepter (energy proc on it is build enabling), and lunal’valgoth belt.

But this is what I think needs to be addressed first, before discussing DB spam:

Because, at the end of the day, DB spam is a very niche build, whereas TSS spam is a lot more accessible.

Set wise the devs just need to go for the Trojan philosophy and make sigil a compliment to Doombolt, with full set having a powerful proc or alter the skill for main damage. I can imagine each set providing minor CDR or weapon damage to Doombolt, with head providing CDR and -10% rr to Sigil. Then full set provide a third strike at 75% damage with previous two strikes now spreading to the area. But at same time the CD is not as short as your build.

I’m not sure if you read my other feedback post on the DB sets, but it does seem that the devs are intentionally trying to prevent a set aimed at supporting DB spam because it’ll probably end up being too strong.

E.g. if my spec could benefit from below average set bonuses like…:

• +120% vit damage
  • 5% DA
  • +3 to DB
  • etc.

It would be hitting the sub-6 timing.

Currently, the set which come closest to what you’re suggesting is aether DB via clairvoyant’s.

But again, you can’t use violent rift offhand if you want vit/aether conversion, and you can’t use covenant of the three helm.

You also can’t use starpact or PoT3 for CDR due to absent aether support.

So right off the bat, you’ve lost -1.5s CD to DB, and a potential 12% CDR.

Last but not least, reap spirit mod on clairvoyant’s is trash.

@sephelutis: PM’d you

well this is why you make a set that goes around this build so it wont overlap and become OP. Frankly i dont see doombolt will become OP since this build is already a miracle of work and relies on high piloting skill to do dps. Similar builds likely end up less damage but more consistent or just worse overall.

Trozan is managing fine, theres the offhand that allows you to cast more meteor but iskander offers ele RR so the choice is there. hence, i think alot of potential here. Theres this trade off of harder hitting doombolt vs rapid hitting doombolt after all. And theres full conversion vs more base damage.

Come to think of it, the harbringer set for doombolt is great, now we just need the caster variant.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for DB buffs +/- a new DB set/ :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s my one of my favorite skills in the game.

2 Likes

I’m flattered and of course, approve.

1 Like

Again, beautiful build spanks! But I assume you craft all equipment for slow res? :laughing:

BTW, I am sure you have tested it but I want to know your reasoning.
Doom bolt can be bound to LMB, why didn’t you do it? I think it will increase your chances on directly hitting the enemies.

Also, can’t help to think that points to overcap solael’s witchfire will be better on CoF instead to increase its radius and duration. Will increase the build QoL a lot and reduce the piano.

1 Like

I actually had it bound to LMB initially, but it can be quite difficult to very precisely manage vire’s might + fallen king movement skills, so minor correction with walking is needed.

This is especially important in nem waves with aleksander, because you need to get directly below the arc.

Having DB bound to LMB sometimes causes you to misfire it when things get in the way, and I’m just not used to using the forced move button, because I only found out about it relatively late, when all my piloting habits had already been formed.

But if you can manage forced movement well, then it does make more sense to bind DB to LMB

I tried that actually. But I could literally feel the drop in DB’s damage:

So, 5 points away from solael’s is basically -100% vit damage to DB

2 Likes

Nice build!

It’s required grandé piloting skills to achieve your results. And I haven’t got idea how you manage to complete these builds naked. Oh and WTF is Doom Bolt build being good?

1 Like

And I have no idea how you speed devils get your crazy clear times :rofl:

Different piloting habits I guess. I’m constantly moving from one spot to another in naked crucible.

Piloting in naked cruci is like herding sheep.

You want to gather all the enemies in the middle, while circling around them so only the ones closest to you can attack you.

And when those guys are starting their attack animation, you want to move away to avoid taking damage.

So this means naked cruci is all about hugging the outer rim of the crucible.

buffed bannered cruci is the opposite - you want to bring all enemies to you right in the middle to kill them asap. So knowing how to aggro everything at once is important.

2 very different piloting styles.

Yeah. I was surprised too. Didn’t expect it to perform this well

2 Likes

I remember you’re saying that banner increase your damage significantly, so that’s why I was surprised to see the naked run. Plus my experience playing DB tells me it’s hard to hit anything with it. And mind I played without piano and use spamming skill+DB as nuke. And with low CD spells and running around is even more difficult to hit anything.

The most hilarious is when Reaper decides to go crazy and start his secret Spin2Lose animation and you have to guess which direction he’ll take :smile:

1 Like

I actually practised getting direct strikes using guardians.

I would skate away, and try to hit them with DB as they tried to follow me.

1 Like

Glad to see you post the build spanks - looks great! DB can be annoying as hell to hit enemies in my experience, but the increased radius should help a bit. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Well done, Spanky.

1 Like

Congrats on this

I think your build made me wanna try mine again. Although that Clairvoyant wand AoE mod is something that my build would really like to have :frowning:

I could try harbinger’s grasp + wand and see what happens but it’s a dps loss

1 Like

Try bloodlord’s belt + fiend’s resolve

bloodlord i was already using. losing the off hand is also a big blow to dps.

But I got an ideea