[1.1.5.2] Plasmo's & spanks' Spite PB Blademaster: Mortred the Phantom Assassin (3:55 buffed/beacon clear; 5:43 naked clear)

Yes well…we get shit for making changes quickly in hotfixes and apparently we get shit for not, so can’t say I’m losing sleep over it.

Opted to just push the hotfix and go off on holidays, but wait, we don’t test our changes either…guess I got no excuse.

1 Like

In all honesty, I wasn’t being sarcastic when I said that. I can only imagine how tiresome it must’ve been to introduce an overhaul as massive as the one undertaken for blues/greens.

I’m just expressing the initial surprise I felt when I read the patch notes for 1.1.5.2, that’s all.

1 Like

Not directed at you in particular.

2 Likes

Chains penalty is pretty big, especially for classes without Soldier or Oathkeeper. It probably needs to be every 40 secs to have more impact on the gameplay. And the bonuses might be nerfed a little bit.

This belt is very good build enabler. Don’t wanna see it written off the game.

3 Likes

Aw shit, Pierce FW Blademaster. Okay, leave the Oleron’s Rage mod alone.

@banana_peel mate, i’ve initiated the discussion on balancing spite/chains of anguish here:

I’d love to hear your input! <3

@Norzan: TBH, I’ve been toying with the idea of pierce-based acid purge tactician :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder how that’ll work

Can we get a preview of those changes?

Not until 1.1.6.0. drops as usual.

I am afraid it’s gonna another one of those nerfs-but-not-really-nerfs like Spite instead of Rancor or “nerfed” AAR that is still hella op and does 4 minutes.

I don’t think the Oleron’s rage mod is the biggest issue here. It’s the conversions. Just gotta leave this comment from another thread here:

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to send you guys my permission slip.

5 Likes

And I’ll be sure to congratulate you for another balanced patch via pigeon post

Congrats for the fastest build alive(as now) ! :astonished:

Z nerfs 5 minutes builds? This one will not be nerfed, it’s only 4 minutes. JK :wink:

2 Likes

i think beating sub-4 B/B cr, and/or a sub-5:45 naked run is near impossible, unless crate unintentionally releases items just as broken as spite + chains

They sure keep up the drama and the interest to this game with patches like this tho.

January probably will see how Spite is gonna be changed :thinking:

But every patch have hidden gems that makes some builds really OP. Then it’s another spec turn. In 1.0.7.1 people were using N&O in every build after months of literally 0 builds with it. In FG we made both the only N&O builds - Saboteurs.

And of course this is just one example. AAR piercing caused the skill to be playable. And just because it wasn’t explored option we or even Z couldn’t know how good are really the items or the skill damage values. Now it’s probably FoI time.

And I personally play so many builds. So don’t have issues with it. Maybe will try something new too?

Sure. It might’ve been possible to tell that spite was gonna be OP upon first glance on GT, but I don’t think anyone could’ve foreseen a sub-4 clear.

Even back when I was rooting for plasmo in the chat group to break that 4min threshold,I didn’t actually think it was possible until he got that 4:04 clear.

That was about the time we decided to try chains, and to adopt ya’s suggestion of testing azraaka.

I think the most amazing thing about GD is the constant discoveries even the most seasoned theorycrafters still stumble upon.

While I remain skeptical that 3:55 can be broken, especially with Z’s stance on what he considers top tier in Cr, we are always trying to find ways past this line in the sand, so it is definitely plausible.

whenever Z. nerfs stuff in the new patch but builders find a way to roll in with another broken build:

6 Likes

To quote @maya, “Damn, Zantai just can’t win :rofl:

1 Like