[1.1.5.2] War Wizard of Cairn - Bleeding Battlemage SR 75

I’m partial to any of the boots with a shield - Wyrmscale, Stonetreader, Voidwalker, Runeguard, etc.

I just don’t like Windshear tbh. Think they’re overrated/overused. But I also have a bias toward over-defensiveness in my builds, so the above recommendations probably aren’t optimal either.

1 Like

They are the only Bleeding Boots in game. And only since I mentioned to Big Z. that there are none (at that time). :rofl:

True, but you’re walking around with a pretty reasonable uptime (read: 100% uptime) on ~3k% Bleeding (Cunning bonus included) on non-boss SR shards, or boss SR shards with spawns/adds. I dunno if an 84% Bleed stat really makes them shine more than anything else would.

Pure conjecture though.

Nice write up and creative build!

But this proves two things:

1. SR 75 is normal goal for builds and even bleeding BM with no RR can achieve it.

2. Bloodrager is top tier set.

To be honest, I took them more for the points in Blindside and the resistances/DA. I want as much Trap Resistance as possible for Benn’Jhar.

And of course: Crafting Bonus. So Grey Magi would be good, too. Would have to shuffle some augments/components though.

@Nery
Well, there are no Nemesis with high Bleeding Resistance. So about 69 here are enough, though the ticks on e. g. Alkamos are very low.

I should try DW Cadence Blademaster. :yum:

I wonder though which weapons to use?

Only 1 answer: Bloodsong(s).

2 Likes

no bleeding RR from the class…weird…
I would love to see some vid about its performance if possible. thanks

No video from me. You have to hope that @romanN1 makes it from Crucible.

Or I will add the Save-File and you try for yourself. :wink:

Save file will do. thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Added it in first post. :slight_smile:

I disagree; this Blood Knight set works really well as an endgame bleed set :slight_smile: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR5YDPV

Compared to what?

No offense meant, but this Warder does about half the Bleeding Damage a Bloodrager-Warder with Mythical Guillotine would do.

This Blood Knight build gets dot ticks of up to 378k per second that I’ve seen, because it summons a lot of different sources of bleed damage. It is of course possible to get more using other weapons, but as a bleed caster, I’d say it’s quite competitive for endgame damage. :o

Unless you’re telling me that you can get up around ~700k dot per second with a bleed build? In which case I would love to check it out :open_mouth:

**Edit - actually you’re probably right, I just found an old build of mine that does just that (or at least up to 620k per second, without guilotine… so with, probably higher). I stand corrected!

Don´t get me wrong:
I think, with some tweaks, Blood Knight would be an awesome set which would/could support different masteries than Bloodrager and would me make to try some things. Modified Blood Knight…my Bleeding Reaper could be made. :smiley:

1 Like

Better late than never:
@romanN1 played it in Crucible, 7:10 (3+1). Video was added (Build Performance), many thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi trying this build for HC any changes you would make for that less cunning i guess and ceno said something about boots any other tips?

First: You are very brave woman/man to try this in HC. I hope it will meet your expectations. :blush:

You don´t have to change the boots; you could change it to Grey Magi Boots if you want to (like I did in the Grimtools-Link here) but it isn´t necessary and you have to shift components/augments. I am a little bit worried about Poison Resistance then, with Windshear it´s better.

Though I am by no means a HC player, I have made a few changes in the link (besides Grey Magi Boots):
a) Shifting points from Cunning into Physique for more DA/Health.
b) Shifting some Skill points from Counter Strike and Field Command to Squad Tactics for a little more AS for ADctH. Necessary? Don´t think so.

Grimtools (Minor changes)

Keep in mind, this really isn´t the easiest Bleeding Build, especially not for HC.

Good luck; you will need it. :skull::partying_face:

Awesome ty so much and im used to my characters dying curse of playing fun builds vs the most boring tanks :slight_smile:

If you haven´t really decided, yet and want to have a look at some other “weird” builds I made, which are a lot of fun, too, take these (in no particular order):
Bleeding Deathknight
Bleeding Druid
Bleeding Vindicator

Whatever you choose…have fun and don´t be shy asking if the need occurs. :slight_smile: