[1.1.6.2] The new Carrot tank - Markovian S&B Warlord! SR 75+/Crucible buffless

Hey Nery!

I’m only playing HC and do you recommend this build for Crate and Calla killing? I would like facetank them… Or what do you suggest? Instead of this should i look for retal build? :slight_smile:

Ty!

1 Like

Hey this build is super tough in both Crucible and SR but will not be suited for Calla . Calla needs build with huge amount of physical resistances to be safe and Markovian is quite limited in that regard, it’s strength is armor. I haven’t tried Crate so can’t tell.

1 Like

Thank you for quick responding! :slight_smile:

Btw build is awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks amazing! I’d like to level it, but prefer not to level as forcewave. Would you mind sharing how you mind go about this?

Thank you so much for the help!

You can try with 2H Blade Arc.

But if you want leveling with absolutely same build then you have to start with Oathkeeper and take Righteous Fervor bound to Assassins’ mark from the beginning. Then rush Oathkeeper to get Celestial Presence. From Soldier you first priority is Field Command/Squad tactics.

Nice tank build. Thanks!

Quick question : why did you take Vire’s might? for extra mobility?

1 Like

Yup, third movement skill. Because Vire doesn’t require target, you can use it just to close the gap or move faster in open map.

Thanks Nery for the quick reply !

So I guess I can reinvest the point in Volcanic Stride somewhere else (and Tectonic Shift as well if I don’t need those extra 3 meter) if this is just a third movement skill :slight_smile:

Hi, Im sorry to bother you, but may I ask where the 75% life leech resist come from? I have almost the same setup (I used your build) but my life leech resist is still -25% which is pretty dangerous on hc. Apart from the black matriarch ring and the medal I have all the items, but they dont seem to add life leech resist. Am i missing something?

Clarity of Purpose modifier of Ascension skill gives Life Leech Resistance.

2 Likes

Thanks ever so much! I was so focused on the gear I didnt even think to check the skills!

I’m trying to learn something about the Soldier skills - why no Zolhan’s Technique or Markovian’s Defense to shorten the timer on Overguard? I may know the answer to the 1st but have no clue as to why Markovian’s Defense would not be taken.

I don’t think Markovian’s Defense is needed. You have modifier to it but -18% damage penalty, haven’t tested whether it’s worth it.

Zolhan is straight DPS loss for builds outside of 2H melee. Shattering Smash and Markovian’s are good enough WPS skills for this build.

Thanks Nery. Didn’t expect a reply 8 minutes later.

1 Like

next question: why no warcry for RR?

Warlords are point hungry and I have flat RR from Scales and damage reduction from Empyrion. Also build was made pre-buff of War Cry. Now… I still won’t use it :smile:

1 Like

Hi Nery, I would like to know, did you level this build? How? At lvl 50 aprox? Any idea? Tnx before hand

Just level with forcewave, it’s the easiest way to level soldier builds.

1 Like

what Piaro said, here is a leveing guide if you are new-ish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or even better, Ceno’s Blitz guide :

Closer to the build albeit slower.

2 Likes