[1.1.9.0] Rah'binger Witch Hunter wins the game: SR75+, Celestials, Crucible consistent <6 mins, 9.5 sec dummy, 3.8 sec MadQueen. All on the same 0 green build

Do you have the exact items?

Against Calla you should have a little different items and many potions, as per usual for a fight against Celestials.

But in SR it’s very good. Low chance of death up to SR76. You need to make sure you crafted the items with stun res bonus. As for gameplay - no special skills required. The only requirement is to hit things non-stop, that’s how you survive.

Very nice build!

I have something in the Callagadra video I wanna ask about: I noticed she didn’t summon a big tornado over the course of the fight - is it random or some sort of interaction with that area of the map you were fight by?

I have minimal graphics settings so maybe she did summon it, it just isn’t visible? I don’t know. I heard there was a bug with here before, where she didn’t use some of her abilities if you hug her leg. But it was fixed as far as i’m aware.

Yeah that could be the graphics, maybe I’ll experiment with that area of the map too the next time I fight her.

Also this thread has given me an itch for Witch Hunter and Chaos damage builds, (thinking to myself) ‘maybe it’s time for me to revisit my bleed WH and/or Chaos FoI tank’ :joy:

The build looks so awesome. Sadly leveling up seems very hard :frowning: I have no idea how to level up efficiently

The best way to level a Witch Hunter is Spite. There is no WH guide with this weapon, but the leveling process will be similar across the classes as it focuses on Nightblade skills. I recommend this guide:

You will need to shift your focus from pierce to chaos at the point you aquire the gear and leveling the right devotions will take a bit longer. But overall it should be much faster than trying to level a chaos WH.

1 Like

this build is for end-game only when we have spite. For leveling up, I guess I will need to play the DW nightblade with some modifications.

94lvl is far from endgame. Leveling all the constellations, getting all faction reputation and finishing crucial quests will take significantly longer than taking your char to lvl94 to get Spite. You can get this level even on elite, i think, and use any skill you like. Any thorough leveling guide for another char or generic early leveling guide will give you enough info. Look for Stupid_Dragon guides.

1 Like

thank you for your advice. this build is so unique I need to play this :smiley:

Any changes in 1.1.8.(1)?

I haven’t played this patch but i skipped through the patchnotes and it seems the build doesn’t require any changes.

Gotcha, thanks!

Is this still the grimtools config to follow - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQawljN ?
I saw some mention of BiS gear at top of thread but either I missed them or the grimtools link does not show the BiS gear ? If it does not is there a GT link that does show the gear as discussed for reference.

Last thing wanted to ask - how does this build fare against crate - can take it out before those boxes get too much - a video of that fight would be great to see.

You should give it a try this patch, it got some good buffs like the 5% reduced mobs’ resistance, and the tripled life leech amount on Guardian’s Gaze.

I’m keen to do so but looking for confirmation on the correct Grimtools link to use and if there is a link with all the BiS gear mentioned that I can look at

This one works. I’ve updated mine with green pants for more health but this one is fine.

Crate is very, very, very unfriendly to pure melee. You almost have to specifically build for it which i don’t find to be making any sense. This build can theoretically kill the box with some gear adjustments towards health and lots of pharma.

I tried it couple of time but it wasn’t fun. Even with capped CC res the amount of interruptions the small boxes make prevent you from dealing enough burst.

Err which one is that - I don’t see a link if you have included one. Crate is a very nasty piece of work - I’ve tried many type of builds but always get hammered - usually because the small boxes just multiply like rabbits, plus getting past the super maggots is no fun either. Everyone who says they’ve taken Crate out show a video with little to no boxes around - not a coincidence I think :grinning:

The one you linked.

Crate can be easily beaten by huge AoE casters or vitality caster leechtanks. Also if you wanna go melee, heavy dot build can do it, like Venomblade Dervish. But it’ll be rough and lots of kiting.

has anyone tried rahbinger witch hunter with Hellfire(doggo aura)? or does/would the hound die too fast and too often without pet stats to not make the flat from hellfire worthwhile?

I have tried this, the dog will die all the time and it is impossible to make the dog strong enough without sacrificing half your build. I did manage to get some trap res and slow res maxed out. Its not perfect but this is mine https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXLRzBN

2 Likes