[1.1.8.1] Juggernaut - 2H chaos Obsidian Tremor / Oblivion Witchblade and Warlock, easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

I decided to make chaos Oblivion build with different classes. I got the idea from @tqFan and his aether Oblivion Apostate. When trying them Witchblade and Warlock looked the best. I was using as a weapon Obsidian Juggernaut and noticed that Obsidian Tremor skill it has is actually better offensively than Oblivion. So these builds then became Obsidian Tremor or Oblivion builds. You can pick which skill you want to use - both work. Obsidian Tremor kills faster yet Oblivion seems to lifeleech a little better. Core of the builds is Rah’Zin’s set with Obsidian Juggernaut. I went for full offensive chaos devotions. Both builds are defensively good (Witchblade especially is quite tanky). Warlock is a little better offensively. Only problem is weaker energy regen. Actually the regen numbers itself are fine in game (GT link for Warlock shows low numbers but in game it is fine). Warlock is better in energy regen but even it can go down with energy quick in SR boss rooms. Oblivion drains energy more than Obsidian Tremor. On Witchblade using Oblivion means constantly using energy potions in boss rooms. I decided to also use two MI’s that give bonuses to War Cry on Witchblade and it is nice to damage the entire screen every 5.5 s and you also have almost permanent damage reduction and RR from it. Both builds with both skills can do SR 80 easily. Using Oblivion is slower in SR 80 though.

I have other chaos melee builds here. All my builds are here.

GRIMTOOLS
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9moBWV Witchblade
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqxb1mV Warlock

Warlock has crafting bonuses on chest and medal to stun resistance. Witchblade has crafting bonuses on chest and boots to slow resistance. You want affixes on items in both builds to fix OA and DA. On Witchblade you also need affix for energy regen.

Stats of the build for Witchblade

OFFENSE

high DPS from 60k to 90k on Obsidian Tremor (120k - 180k using Oblivion)

high base weapon damage

high casting speed 192 % (200 % with Hungering Void)

low critical damage - 15 % (33 % with Hungering Void)

OK OA - base below 2900 OA (with Fighting Spirit around 3150 OA)

55 DA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

good chaos resistance reduction - from Curse of Frailty, both Rings, Eldritch Fire and Revenant (War Cry) - up to - 117 % + + Touch of Chaos

damage from devotions - Eldritch Fire

DEFENSE

big life around 17500 HP

OK base DA around 2900 DA

55 OA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

good lifesteal 20 % (44 % with Bloodthirster)

high CC resistances

reasonably overcapped resistances

good armor - around 2400

good physical resistance 28 %

damage reduction from War Cry

% damage absorption from Possession

Bat

Giant’s Blood

Menhir’s Will

Prismatic Rage from component

Stats of the build for Warlock

OFFENSE

high DPS from 70k to 90k on Obsidian Tremor (130k - 180k using Oblivion)

high base weapon damage

high casting speed 193 % (200 % with Hungering Void)

low critical damage - 19 % (37 % with Hungering Void)

OK OA - base around 2900 OA

55 DA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

good chaos resistance reduction - from Curse of Frailty, both Rings, Eldritch Fire and Revenant - up to - 117 % + Touch of Chaos

damage from devotions - Eldritch Fire

DEFENSE

good life around 14500 HP

OK base DA around 2900 DA

55 OA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

OK lifesteal 17 %

high CC resistances

reasonably overcapped resistances

OK armor - around 2050

good physical resistance 29 %

damage reduction from War Cry

% damage absorption from Possession and Maiven’s Sphere

possible % damage reduction against single targets from Touch of Chaos

Bat

Giant’s Blood on Arcane Will

Nullification

Prismatic Rage from component

Images for Witchblade

Witchblade Obsidian Tremor - image for from the game with passive buffs only

Juggernaut%20Witchblade%201

Witchblade Obsidian Tremor - image for from the game with passive buffs + Hungering Void, Abomination and Fighting Spirit

Juggernaut%20Witchblade%202

Witchblade Oblivion - image for from the game with passive buffs only

Juggernaut%20Witchblade%203

Witchblade Oblivion - image for from the game with passive buffs + Hungering Void, Abomination and Fighting Spirit

Juggernaut%20Witchblade%204

Images for Warlock

Warlock Obsidian Tremor - image for from the game with passive buffs only

Juggernaut%20Warlock%201

Warlock Obsidian Tremor - image for from the game with passive buffs + Hungering Void and Abomination

Juggernaut%20Warlock%202

Warlock Oblivion - image for from the game with passive buffs only

Juggernaut%20Warlock%203

Warlock Oblivion - image for from the game with passive buffs + Hungering Void and Abomination

Juggernaut%20Warlock%204

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

Both builds do SR 80 easily. No boss is a problem. It can go higher if you are a skilled player. Witchblade is better defensively and Warlock is a little better offensively. Obsidian Tremor is better offensively than Oblivion. I facetanked with Oblivion Witchblade Reaper and Fabius at the same time and it was relatively easy but killing Kuba or Mad Queen is painfully slow with it. Warlock has better energy regen in boss rooms.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

Witchblade Obsidian Tremor

Witchblade Oblivion

Warlock Obsidian Tremor

Warlock Oblivion

3 Likes

Why is that when Oblivion has lower Energy cost? Does it have higher cast per second?

I have no idea. It could be because you kill slower with it.

So I’m currently progressing through my first character which happens to be a warlock and I very much like this build. My question is: when would be a recommended time to respec into it?

Currently I am at level 52, using mostly arcanist AAR and its going quite well.

Is there any core Item/skill that needs to be unlocked before this build becomes viable?

Rah’zin set and Obsidian Juggernaut items. So unless you have these, you are out of luck.
Also this isn’t really a beginner friendly build. The helmet drops from a superboss.
There are beginner Warlock builds though, like this one [1.1.8.1][Guide] The Rookie Bloodsworn - A chaos Warlock Beginner Guide

Yeah, Warlock / Witchblade are classes that don’t have native Chaos RR debuff in contrast to i.e. Deceiver / Pyromancer Tremor builds which makes it more important for them to get that Rah’zin bonuses.

But honestly playing with just Obsidan Tremor should be fine if you build it well.

You could also play Chaos Sigil + Oblivion + maybe Doom Bolt warlock but if your current Chaos AAR is fine there’s no point in that before switching to Obsidian Tremor I think.

My dreams are shattered :smiley:

anyways thanks for the fast replies, I will for now just keep growing it organically / based on what I find and then check out beginner friendly build.

If you like the look of the skill you could play the cold version of it
Even Warlock would be fine. Although it’s not that good looking like Tremor.

Blueprint: Crown of the Winter King

The blueprint of the low level version, which still deals very good damage, can be reset farmed from Vinelton easily.