A Disappointment for Pyromancer

The best thing is that you can throw fire eyes! Fire DEE baby let’s goooooooo!

3 Likes

Is the fx still the regular one or is it changed to be a fire eye? Because if the former, it goes in the bin.

1 Like

DEE cannot change fx because of the trasmuter or something like that. Same case as BWC.

6 Likes

Lmao, I have no clue how to post gifs on this damn forum!

will there be Grimdawn 2 though??? or Farthest Frontier is all we getting?

You copy image link. And you can even resize it as follows:

Maska głuptak

obraz

Am I actually dumb?
obraz

6 Likes

Farthest Frontier has nothing to do with the GD universe. It’s a completely separate game in a completely different genre.

We do know Crate are working on a small standalone GD related game and one, possibly two, other projects. None of which are GD2. When/if that happens is likely to be several years down the line.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the answer, i can now still keep the hopes up for a Fireball throwing Meteor casing Firewall making Pyromancer :smiley:

This is already doable in the current game with a Pyromancer, yes with Demolitionist + Occultist. You’re just ignoring the feedback everyone is giving you.

If you’re not experienced at the game or putting a character together then please just say so and ask for some more clarity instead of acting like it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

it should be noted that late game builds in grim dawn are mainly defined by the Best in Slot with best rolled stats items that can grant your character completely new skills. devotions can also grant you new skills.

my point is, don’t get too fixed on the class name and what the classes skills grant to you. there are a lot of ways to get new skills other than from your classes. just take a look at demolitionist builds that focuses on cold damage (which breaks the theme of that class completely) due to conversion to cold damage from items.

grim dawn offers huge customization mostly to its items. unsatisfied with the skills offered by the classes? then go out there to explore cairn and find items that offer new skills. or read them on grimtools. even some players here prefer to play grimtools rather than grim dawn.

2 Likes

Here’s an exteme example of a glass-cannon pyro meme with:

1. 3 meteors (Meteor shower, Herald, Annihilation),
  2. 2 rings of flame (“fire walls” - blazing inferno, pheonix),
  3. a “fireball” spam (stormfire),
  4. and a bunch of flaming pools, raining fire, and retaliation fire (BWC, mines, set proc, canister bomb, weapon proc, Fissure, Vindictive Flame).

Minimal def and health, maximum spirit. Practically no sustain.

So, yes it can be a thing. Just make something that fits your image.

Also, I feel you’re expecting a Pyromancer in GD to be the same as in other games. Here’s a description of the Demolitionist mastery:

In the same way that Crate didn’t want staves for magic users, Demolitionist is something different from the classic/standard fire user. With Blackwater Cocktail alone maxed you can pretty much wipe out most trash mobs; add in the other options like Canister Bomb, Grenado and Mortar Trap and you have plenty of firey options to play with. Thermite Mines as well can do a lot of damage. Then add in procs from various devotions like Imp, Solael’s Witchblade, Magi and Torch and you’ll have fire all over the screen.

Here are a couple of endgame builds focusing on fire.

3 Likes

Pyromancer was a fairly viable class in vanilla that had been competing with Sorcerer in both fire caster and gunslinger niche, but then the first expansion had obsoleted most of the fire aspect of Pyromancer with the release of Purifier, which became both a better fire gunslinger and better fire caster. Then the second expansion introduced Shieldbreaker, which with some balance tweaks had made obsolete even fire caster Purifiers this time. Due to balance tweaks we’ve also seen a resurgence of Sorcerer as fire caster class.

Overall Occultist is just not about fire damage. That -%elemental resistance is there mainly for Occultist to support it’s own pets. There’s gear that allows fire Pyromancers build that make sense to be made, like fire Sigils or fire DEE, but out of the box Pyromancer makes best sense as chaos gunslinger.

5 Likes

I have played few fire Pyros and I like few things about them. Multiple spells, Occultist also covers some of Demo weaknesses by providing physical and acid resistances, heal on demand and healing skill too.

Of course few problems encountered are low % damage, lack of fire exclusive skill (fire mod to Possession would be perfect) , low health bar and subpar single target damage. Also both - RR skills require manual activation and that’s a bit clunky. But AoE damage is truly amazing and I like fire Sigil or Doom Bolt.

3 Likes

lol, you are all much too kind~ He obviously isn’t even interested in actually being able to do what he claims that he wants to…
Obvious troll is obvious~
I do not feed!

I’ll bite.

You have a preconceived notion of what a Pyromancer is, even though every single pyromancer you’ve ever heard of was fiction. There is absolutely no universal consensus as to what a “pyromancer” is.

When I say “elf” some people see thin humans with long ears, some see Santa’s helpers… it’s just their assumption.

You see fireballs and meteors when you ear pyromancer, but that’s just you.

3 Likes

And Pyromancer does have access to dark flames and big explosions so…I don’t know what he is talking about lol.

You can also play Conflagration with Pyro (not the skill in the miniature)

Maybe it can help you fulfill your Fire fantasies.
1 Like