Adding Prioritized button on integrity repair or just a repair button!

I mean…

Who says we’re not. :wink:

Wall building is another issue in itself though that requires changing how the builder AI distributes its tasks. Presently, walls end up getting treated as one giant build site as far as the AI is concerned, which means you could have 40 builders available, but only 1 gets sent to build a 100-piece wall. Now, there are ways to circumvent that, which is why you often see more than 1 builder on a wall at any given time, but the fundamental issue exists.

We have a solution for this in the works. We might actually slip that in by the end of v0.7.6 testing. We’ll see how stable it ends up.

2 Likes

It does not work. I tried several times though.

Even that tip from the wiki doesnt work:

What doesn’t work. The thing that doesn’t exist yet?

3 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder why…

For the wall, i misunderstood what you have written. I’m not english speaking.

And for the road ?

What’s your issue with roads?

« While placing roads, hold shift to ignore strict requirements for roadplacement: Length (minimum 3 squares), elevation changes and more. »
Impossible to ignore strict requirements.

Well yeah…why would we have a way to ignore requirements, haha.

The wiki isn’t written by us, so I don’t know where that tip came from.

1 Like

Devs. Please add the option to build things on extreme and impassible terrain.

Because sometimes we need to build a 1 case road.

I thought the wiki was written by you.

You actually can “trick” the game by pulling the road until it is long enough, but then reverting to your 2 length road.

(Zantai please don’t remove this :angry:)

It’s an oversight in the code I guess. If the road is longer than 3, it basically says canPlaceRoad = true, but it does not revert it to false when you pull the road to less than 3 again hehe

I don’t think it works for 1 lenght though

1 Like

Zantai #deadroads :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I confirm, doesnt work for 1 lenght.

1 Like

then with respect, how come you guys designed it like that then in the first place and omitted any way to effect wall or fence prioritisation (other than one segment at a time) from the early access?.. seems like a fundamental must-have to build large walled cities or crop fields of equal if not higher importance than wall repair, salvage and upgrade…it was a problem just waiting to happen that everyone who plays the game spotted immediately… why was it left out?

To really answer that, I’d have to go into the issues and features we had to address leading up to Early Access.

For example, I imagine running the game at 1fps at 500 pop would have been kind of a deal breaker, but slowly building walls is annoying but manageable.

So ultimately the game wasn’t ready for early access, since this a sore point for many players. :grinning:

Thank you.

Not necessary true, it just we are more cranky then the testers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it would be positive if you do manage to make a priority feature for all of these mentioned and including mine for obvious and desperately needed quality of life functions this game needs, based clearly on how many people who have complained about it. It would make the game more enjoyable (and less annoying) to play and ultimately would benefit you and your game’s success.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.