Bottle Fwuffy - Pet Battlemage

Foreword:

A long time ago, someone had challenged me to make a Pet Battlemage, but I don’t remember who it was. All I remember is the challenge itself. And such things do not go unanswered.

So, here is the Pet Battlemage in all its glory and all its horror.

• [Pet] [1.2] (g3) (sr+) Bottle Fwuffy - Pet Battlemage (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Skeletal Servant, Summon Eldritch Talon, Summon Chillmane, Call of the Beast, Panetti’s Replicating Missile, Trozan’s Sky Shard, Mirror of Ereoctes
    • Passive Skills: Oleron’s Rage, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Field Command, Presence of Might (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

image : Battlemage, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Shattered Realms, Shard 76: https://i.imgur.com/I74AwaX.jpg
No Shrines/Potions/Consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

9 Likes

Reserbirbs

Reserspiders

ReserDinos

Got enough ReserPets now, you may post and stuff.

this link goes to purifier?

Edit: looks fun! No mirror of erectoes?

Haven’t edited it in yet, copy pasted from my Pet Purifier because lazy to type it all in manually :stuck_out_tongue:

(yes, I know that the new forums just shorten the link into thread title and you don’t need to hyperlink, but I do it anyway as force of habit)

1 Like

I am too quick (my GF says the same … )

1 Like

Never needed it :sunglasses:

Build is pretty tanky despite the meme nature.

Holy moly thought you was kidding , that is hella cool sanar / gate / ghol . Great job maya

1 Like

1 Like

/ dirge

But no obelisk makes me sad.

1 Like

But then again, soldier is basically obelisk mastery-fied, so win some, lose some.

Aand /chillmane

1 Like

Interesting use of this meme class! :ok_hand:

Squad tactics are giving 10% buff on total damage, didn’t even think about it.

1 Like

Not sure but I could be this person. BTW you made cool and interesting battle mage build and you have approval from me! :wink:

1 Like

So, in case any of you are wondering how this build performs in Crucible, I went upto 160 without much problem even though I had to use 3x Fully leveled StormCaller Beacons since Blessings didn’t do much good as pets kept dying and I needed the Beacons to clear trash mobs.

But then 161 came and I couldn’t kill the Healers. They in turn kept healing everything else to full, so I kept running around for about 15 mins without any progress. Due to the defensive nature of the build still being good, I was under no threat either.

Essentially it was a stalemate and I decided to simply give up and quit.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s gonna be better but you can try the configuration I use - 3 buffs(without Ulzuin), 2 level 1 beacons and one level 2 bottom left.

As for healers, it’s problem for lots of builds, I had few times the same problem, I simply can’t kill them.

1 Like

I first ran with 4 Buffs and Vanguard, followed by 3 Buffs + 4 lvl 1 Beacons. But the build doesn’t really have enough Pet support to keep the pets alive. And since they don’t retain their buffs if they die and get resummoned, I just decided to ditch them altogether and go for Beacons only.

But kind of knew this was going to happen due to the nature of the build. Even completing SR 75-76 was a surprise for me :smile:
I am still happy with what it managed to accomplish. Wanted to make a Pet Battlemage just for the meme status and in that respect it was a rather decent success :blush:

And yeah, healers were a headache. The fact that they can also roll with items that provide resistance to your damage type if you are unlucky, doesn’t help either :frowning:

1 Like