Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

Yeah. MI “budget” are allowed in G2 but not in G3. Strange.

On G3 - it’s a tradition that stems from the no-green-in-builds crusade back ago, after which many builders had just adopted a no-MI as a golden standard. I’m not going to change that.

Builds with both legendaries and budget MI’s go into G4, the G4 description mentions that.

Oh, you’re right, apologies. I must have misread.

Allow me some stubborness: it would be sensible to change this, tradition or not. It’s actively misleading for new players.

UPDATE

All of the submissions since the last time veretragna added builds and till now were added to compendium.

I respectfully disagree. I have no evidence that it is misleading for new players, while you insist on that as if it is a well-known fact or something easily deduced.

I do agree that looking at the transition upwards from G1 to G5 it seems logical to allow budget or even semi-budget MI’s to G3, BUT:

1. It is the most popular gear tag, most builds in the compendium are g3. This shows that builders love this particular rule set. Here’s the rare case when I prioritize opinion of renownd builders over newcomers.
  2. I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of arbitry over what counts as budget and/or semi-budget. The way gear tags are nested now makes it much more easier. A build uses at least one random drop legendary? G3. What, it has a MI too? Welcome to G4 then. Are there two or more MI’s that are a bit too convenient? Here’s a G5 for you.

Sincerely, S.D.

TBH you won’t see beginners complaining about the tags being misleading even if it truly is, because most beginners just don’t make posts, they probably don’t even create forum accounts. I created my own account just to report a bug.

But I understand that there are different needs and it is hard to fit all of them in just one tier system.

Questions about SR tag: can I write SR+ if I cleared SR 75 with that build just once no matter how many times I failed, or does it need to be able to clear SR 75 consistently (e.g. has a success probability >= 80% or something)? Do I need to clear in time?

All hail Stupid Dragon! Please add some of my revised old builds and my new build to the compendium!

Another one!

Another one!

And another one!

And another one!

Another one!

Last one!

@mad_lee added everything.

@Udars yes, the way it was established is that a build that could clear 75 at least once is ranked as (sr+)

1 Like

Thank you very much for the clarification!

Hi Dragon!

I found multiply replies in the Compedium. I don’t know it was intend or not…

Replies

Blank page

@Stupid_Dragon I thought the compendium is pinned to the top, but currently I only see Mr. Zantai’s common sense rules pinned there. Is this intended?

Screenshot

I’m afraid that’s something to ask moderators or Zantai about. I’ve got no control over it.

10 chars

The Compendium pins were consolidated into one thread:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/build-compendiums/82060/5

If that’s unpinned for you, then you must have clicked the pin next to that thread (which is something all users can do for pins on their end).

1 Like

I clicked the pin and the post went back to the top. Thanks!

Edit: but if that post is not pinned by default then most people won’t even be aware of that post, especially because it’s closed so no one can bump it back to top. Wouldn’t it be better to make it pinned by default?

It is, you unpinned it, I guess by accident.

Oh, okay, that’s probably the case. Thanks!

1. Replies. Doesn’t seem like there’s a way for me to fix it. Ideally I want them gone, since in that particular case it doesn’t serve any purpose. But it doesn’t bother me much personally.

2. That’s a glitch, happened to me a few times. Reloading the forum fixed it.

Looking at the replies it must be the way discourse works since if you click on the arrow it takes you to where the reply is in the thread. Could probably delete them, but it would mean getting rid of the original replies so hopefully they don’t show up with the builds.

Forgot to include an active skill in my Pet Ritualist, so the corrected it and resubmitting it >

• [Pet] [1.1.2.5] (g3) (c+) (sr+) The Witch Doctor - Pet Ritualist (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Blight Fiend, Reap Spirit, Summon Briarthorn, Summon Eldritch Talon, Call of the Grave, Devouring Swarm, Soverign
    • Passive Skills: Primal Bond, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Spectral Binding, Presence of Might (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

Also got a new submission >

• [Pet] [1.1.3.0] (g3) (c+) (sr+) The Rawr God - Pet Cabalist (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Blight Fiend, Reap Spirit, Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Summon Eldritch Talon, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Call of the Grave, Soverign
    • Passive Skills: Possession, Bonds of Bysmiel, Spectral Binding, Presence of Might (x2)

O Mighty Dragon, I would like to submit my skater sentinel to the compendium. The gear tag is the new one you mentioned yesterday (this one uses Vanquisher set + double yellow MI + blue gears).

• [Melee/Caster] [1.1.3.0] (G2) (sr+) (vid) Vanquisher Fire Sentinel, semi-beginner friendly and practically farmable (Udars)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
    • Active Skills: Vire’s Might, Judgment, Bloody Pox, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg, Ascension, Summon Guardian of Empyrion
    • Passive Skills: Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Resilience, Whirling Blades, Presence of Might