Builders vs Zantai

Well, not super bad, but overall pretty poor performance, as expected from a gimmicky build. If Reckless Power exists just for builds like this one, I’d say it’s not in a good place.

1 Like

Anyone win yet?

1 Like

:+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Find out with Pay-Per-View, only on the WWE network.

1 Like

Balance discussions revolve around what’s strong and what isn’t. Saying it’s possible to build something niche does not prove anything here. It’s also possible to finish main game till AoM, choosing no mastery at all. It doesn’t prove jack.

Most arcanist builds are (comparably) weak, and there’s no two ways of saying it. IEE is weak and supports stuff that’s useless for mainstream arcanists. Star Pact is great for the cdr but only supports cold. Finally, the numbers in the mastery do not make up for no rr, FACT!

Just check any ranking of crucible runs or SR achievements. There are no arcanists there. There was one but was quickly put in its place next patch. Why?

Ever notice how one’s argument suddenly loses 95% of its merit when they say this?

Also, pick one (Crucible or not; I assume you know where I stand). I can only handle so many arguments.

lmao I never seen that one

You haven’t? Oh, you’ve missed a treat. :rofl:

Gdante14CO

Our “fact” expert.

I agree that every one should enjoy the game the way they want. But balance discussions are about strength not about fun. You can’t nerf or buff something because it’s too fun or not fun enough. You can’t argue that arcanists don’t deserve buffs because BwC spam sorc is fun!

Also, can’t get around the fact (damn!..) that in balance discussions crucible times matter.

One could turn it around, retaliation Warlords are boring to play and therefore deserves buffs xD

#BuffPets2019

1 Like

I’m not arguing this. In fact, this entire conversation started when I but pointed out something you said as being patently false, to which your counterargument was “This thing is bad, therefore it doesn’t exist!”

While theoretically true it does beg the question of what toward purpose you’re buffing or nerfing for. This vague concept of “meta” that mad_lee proposed (which is entirely nonexistent in a singleplayer offline game without competition)?

I hate to break it to you, but Grim Dawn will never be balanced. That isn’t possible. Some things are forever going to be better than others, which inherently makes those things “bad” from some perspectives (such as yours) but something being seemingly bad to one audience isn’t necessarily a flaw of the game that needs to be corrected. We can make Reckless Power this amazing thing that every Arcanist in the universe (which is evidently no one in the Crucible community?) would take 100% of the time. But that’s not balanced. Maybe it’d be fun though.

Long term, what matters is some people taking everything some of the time, and not everyone taking something every time. This scenario currently exists with respect to Reckless Power.

2 Likes

The purpose of balance discussions to to pursue this unattainable goal of balance. If balance discussions make no sense to you, why are you taking part in one?

As for my patently false statement of “no attack speed” in arcanist, I was just abbreviating “no attack speed for players aiming at optimizing their builds and keeping it meta.” I didn’t need to be educated about Reckless Power.

And it was only a 3rd or 4th argument to provide support to my statement that IEE nodes suck the way they are designed. Do you max IEE first and/or second node on your sorcerer Fire Strike that use Reckless for attack speed? No, wait, does anyone max IEE first and/or second node on any build at all? (as a conscious and correct decision to optimize performance not as a “I felt like maxing it so look how I maxed it!” kinda thing)

So my real argument stands true even if one of its support arguments was inaccurate in its abstraction.

:nerd_face:

Do you want this answer?

Battlemages need energy regen because Maiven’s cost is dick for soldiers.

They make sense to me, and because it’s eye-opening to play devil’s advocate and poke & prod at the other side of the aisle to see what people are thinking. Indeed, it was as a result of some pushing that we began to get more specific feedback which is actually factual! :smiley:

Not that that is necessarily news to me, but it beats the first 140 posts in the thread complaining about MoE/Star Pact/Devastation nerfs.

In any event I was looking forward to your reply so I could drop another shitty gif in here before heading off for the night, but you didn’t really leave me any opening to continue this conversation in such a trollish manner. So kudos for winning this bizarre internet argument. We’ll have to break bread some time.

This is for you:

tight

1 Like

You were right to pinpoint another inaccuracy. IEE first node does give energy regen that might be needed even after Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity and Arcane Will on some builds.

But you gotta agree that Overload could really be reworked. One point gives you 8%dmg and 1/3 chance of 4-5 flat DoT per second. Nobody’s taking that! Unless desperate for that 2% more aether res.

Here is my pet Warlock: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26R0KK2

This build has very comfortable gameplay, at least for myself and it isn’t even optimized yet, needs Bysmiel trinkets set and, perhaps Tome of arcane wastes instead of Manifestation.

I give up!

This thread feels like you say “Sun is yellow” and someone either gif you a Crimson Sundown or tries to prove that colors are an illusion.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I feel like pet builds should be taken out of the equation for this particular discussion. They kind of work differently.

Also, our sun is supposed to be white btw, as seen from space…

I would submit a solar spectrum, taken outside the atmosphere :slight_smile: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

@Ceno , mate, your examples of how shitty underperforming Arcanist’s skills are used invoke crappy builds. That makes Arcanist look even worse then it actually is. I mean, Battlemages, come on now :slight_smile: