Crate needs to submit a poll

I understand Crate is working on a city builder, but I was thinking it is only fair for Crate to post a poll about what kind of game Crate should make next.

Option A - Anything Grim Dawn related (pick this option if you want to have joy in your life)

Option B - Any other type of game (pick this option if you hate puppies and want to live in eternal damnation!!!)

I think it is only fair that the community gets to decide on what Crate works on next =)

I have to disagree on this, because developers need to work on something they really want to make themselves.

6 Likes

Which is why Grim Dawn was created. :slight_smile:

Crate is satisfied with their work, but they need a break and are going to move onto another project that they want to make, and I hope it succeeds as GD did because I want a new city builder.

I agree with Mauricius. Crate’s been working on Grim Dawn since the kickstarter for it in 2012.

Let them work on something fresh and different for awhile and come back to something related to Grim Dawn’s universe/style of game when they have a bunch of new ideas/ways to approach it and of course - funds from other projects in the meantime.

What if the game we create next is the one we want to create.

8 Likes

Dont worry Grim Dawn will come again.

Are you people implying that the devs aren’t my bitches and I can’t demand them to make only games that appeal to my tastes?

4 Likes

I can tell you exactly what Crate has to do right now!

I really don´t care which game for PC/console they make next. First thing they have to do right now is call Robert J. Schwalb. They have to tell him, that he should immediately start developing a PnP-RPG about Grim Dawn/Cairn based on the engine of “Shadows of the Demon Lord”.

I expect the Kickstarter to start no later than April 2020.

:wink::blush::upside_down_face:

This quote above is from a different topic but lo, gaze upon the marvel of it, ye heathens, and be astounded at how its grip on relevance is crushing your keyboard to dust still!

3 Likes

Games like Grim Dawn have a long life cycle. So its naturally obvious we have to waite for a while. hahahaha :wink:

See!!! This man gets it!!!

I can’t even begin to address the hubris behind statements like this. I work in the entertainment industry and i see this attitude time after time after time. It’s exactly why so much out today is mediocre lukewarm run off the mill Crap. Focus groups and test audiences and baloney. Give me something a company makes that they are truly passionate about, truly love, and truly theirs. I hope Crate continues to do what they do HOW they do it. I may not always agree with it, I may not always like it, but it will damn sure be more interesting and engaging when it does then the dumbed down made by committee cotton candy crap.

1 Like

In one old post Medierra stated that’s good for the company to make different game, cause working constantly on same game/genre can be tedious and also it’s not viable strategy to have only one game.

Since Crate is small team, I can’t think of they can change quickly their priorities and work on many games at the same time. So if they are passionate about city builder, than the game will turn to be good.

We from GD community of course will eagerly await for any news regarding Grim Dawn and hopefully will see GD 2 or another expansion in the future! :slightly_smiling_face:

Apparently you missed the fact my entire post was meant with sarcasm and fun…wow…just wow…

If you want to shitpost there’s reddit for that where people will take you seriously on topics from game development to retal warders

3 Likes

Need to remember that words alone don’t always convey this then.

1 Like

Ah, the “it’s a prank, bro” defense.

1 Like

Apologies if that was the intent. Yes, it did go right over my head. As I said, it’s a bit of a sore spot for me giving how many times I hear/see it.

This begs the question, mate.

Explain why it’s fair the community gets to decide on what crate works on next.

Oh…just saw this. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s honestly quite hard to tell that you’re being sarcastic simply because there are entitled brats around.

I mean, not too long ago, CrateTrash made one of the greatest rants this forum has ever seen.

1 Like