Dark Rose - Lazy Dark One’s Set Budget Pet Conjurer

Foreword:

A Budget Pet Build using target farmable items including the Dark One’s Gift Set.

Note: Requires both Ashes_of_Malmouth & Forgotten_Gods.

• [Pet] [1.2.1] (budget) (L) (sr+) Dark Rose - Lazy Dark One’s Set Budget Pet Conjurer (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Summon Briarthorn, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Devouring Swarm, Wendigo Totem
    • Passive Skills: Bonds of Bysmiel, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Primal Bond, Ancestral Bond, Aether-Ward, Void-Ward
    • WPS Skills: none

DoT : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZr6meMZ

SR 80 (Ultimate): https://i.imgur.com/6lO4h2B.jpg
No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

Build Details

Factions:

• Kymon’s vs Vigil = Entirely upto you.

• Witch Gods = They are not mutually exclusive and you can max your reputation with all 3.

• Barrowholm = Join. We need access to their faction merchant.

• Anasteria = Doesn’t matter. Upto you.

Devotions:

• Purple > Shepherd’s Crook > Remove Purple >

• Green > Red > Yellow >

• Tortoise > Remove Yellow >Sailor’s Guide >

• Lizard > Lotus > Stag > Panther >

• Ulo the Keeper of the Waters > Ishtak >

• Tree of Life (4 points for Healing Rain) >

• Huntress (5 points for Rend)

Skills:

• 14/10 Curse of Frailty, 5/10 Vulnerability

• 16/16 Blood of Dreeg, 12/12 Aspect of the Guardian

• 5/16 Summon Familiar, 5/16 Mend Flesh, 12/12 Storm Spirit, 5/12 Lightning Strike

• 22/16 Summon Hellhound, 12/12 Ember Claw, 5/12 Hellfire, 5/12 Infernal Breath

• 5/12 Bonds of Bysmiel, 12/12 Manipulation

• 24/16 Summon Briarthorn, 19/12 Ground Slam, 13/12 Emboldening presence

• 2/12 Mogdrogen’s Pact, 2/10 Heart of the Wild, 10/10 Oak Skin

• 12/12 Wendigo Totem, 6/12 Blood Pact

• 16/16 Devouring Swarm

• 16/12 Primal Bond

Items:

Benevald is in The Blood Grove.

Hyram is in Steelcap District - Malmouth.

(Blueprint for Hysteria Relic, which is needed to Craft Ancestor, can be bought from Homestead Faction Merchant)

Edge of Reality is a secret area that is part of the Lokarr Secret quest.

Components:

*Purified Salt & Imbued Silver are Craftable at any Blacksmith without requiring Blueprint.

Augments:

Crafting & Transmuting NPCs:

Crafting -

Transmuting -

(Click to Expand)

How to Level

Attributes:

Everything into Physique, except for when you need to invest into Cunning or Spirit to meet the required stats for equipping items.

Leveling:

There are primarily 2 ways to go. Either focus more on Occultist or Shaman. I would suggest going with an Occultist focused setup since it is easier to level with. You can ofcourse, focus on both equally, but then would be spreading your points too thin and that is not recommended.

Devotions:

• Purple Crossroads > Shepherd’s Crook > Remove Purple
  • Green Crossroads > Raven > Rhowan’s Crown > Remove Green
  • Blue Crossroads > Eel > 4 points in Amatok (for Blizzard)
  • Yellow Crossroads > Tortoise > Remove Yellow
  • Sailor’s Guide > Crane > Panther > Solemn Watcher
  • Ishtak + 4 points in Tree of Life (for Healing Rain)

Skills:

• Lvl 10 – 16/16 Familiar, 1/16 Hellhound.
  • Lvl 20 – 16/16 Briarthorn, 1/10 Curse of Frailty, 4/16 Hellhound.
  • Lvl 30 – 10/10 Curse of Frailty, 10/10 Vulnerability, 16/16 Hellhound.
  • Lvl 40 – 16/16 Blood of Dreeg, 8/12 Storm Spirit, 1/16 Devouring Swarm.
  • Lvl 50 – 12/12 Lightning Strike.
  • Lvl 60 – 12/12 Aspect of the Guardian, 12/12 Storm Spirit, 3/12 Ember Claw, 1/12 Bonds of Bysmiel.
  • Lvl 70 – 3/12 Manipulation, 1/12 Possession.
  • Lvl 80 – 12/12 Manipulation, 12/12 Possession.
  • Lvl 90 – 12/12 Infernal Breath, 12/12 Ember Claw.
  • Lvl 94 – Respec, according to the build you are going for.

(Click to Expand)

Save file

_DarkRose.zip (1.2 MB)

3 Likes

Reseerbirb

Reeserbirbs 2

Final Reserbirb and done

Curious as to the thinking behind the dark ones set for both this and Hectate, what purpose does it serve for each?

While the set does not have any pet bonuses, it helps the player and pets stay alive which translates into less kiting and thus, makes the build easier and faster compared to other similar budget options in spite of having lower damage.

Does it do this by the bonuses to wendigo totem?

For the most part, yes.

But, I just killed Callagadra with the setup and that was more of a kite fest for more than half an hour since Wendigo Totem can’t be relied upon there due to all the tornadoes and stuff.

Interesting, thanks for the replies, I’m currently leveling a ritualist, taking notes from Uncle Mac’s build guide, was planning on using Hectate as a transition between aether skeletons and Ishtar. What are your thoughts?

Should work fine :blush:

Good to know, btw, I am pushing up through ultimate FG, and have had some close calls. I’m making my way to the Tomb of the Heretic to get the conduit for Hectate. My pets are getting hit hard, would you recommend I focus on elemental or poison/acid resista for my pets right now?

um… sorry but I can’t really answer about Skeletons since I tend to prefer Reap Spirits and Unstable Anomaly Blightfiends instead. Might be better to ask the creator of the build you are following.

elemental and poison, then you can flip flop aether/chaos as/if necessary via purified salts and imbued silver when reach XY area that push that stuff hard.
Keep in mind boners will die, they are fragile and disposable of sorts, and is why skeleton helmet is super useful
they will take aoe dmg, there is no way to avoid that even with careful micro, at best you can reduce stuff like standing in pools, but usually it’s easier to just accept death and recast.
With the right devos, weapon comps (don’t be dmg greedy), and augs (Honoured malmouth and devil’s crossing is great) you should be able to fit remaining resist in on pet items and a decent lucky affix on ex Bysmiel legs (can be worth a refarm or 3 to attempt if missing, just don’t go overboard)
from my experience, there is just no amount of healing that will continuously keep boner bois alive all the time later on, that’s why briar/fiend aggro tank is your main focus in terms of staying alive, if its alive and huffin, if totem can keep it going, then you should be fine for recasts and fresh bonez whittle down the monsters

1 Like

I was curious since I need to balance my pets resistances, without compromising my own, it has gotten better now that I got the elite bysmiel chest/shoulders and could free up some augments, thank you for the advice.

Added a GT setup to go for, before you get the Dark One pieces.

Wow, thank you so much! My ritualist just RIPPED to Grava at lvl 100, just a couple items away from moving to hectate, lesson learned, stay away form his big wing wave.

1 Like

Build updated in preparation for 1.2, is now bleed focused.

The GrimTools Skill point allocation atm is not correct since Grimtools is still in 1.1.9.8 and it does not account for the item buffs in 1.2

Hey Maya.

Are Skeletons a thing in 1.2? I mean, how far can you push them? I would love to run around with a skeleton army. And in general, are pets in 1.2 less OP? :slight_smile:

Skeletons became pretty good for a while and then they got nerfed right after and at the moment have become rather bad.

They still have their high damage, but survivability is back to being like wet tissue paper.

Pets in general… will have to wait until 1.2 releases to be certain, since we didn’t get to try out the latest round of changes in the patch notes. But, personally I would say that the situation was better for pet builds in 1.1.9.8, compared to 1.2.

They certainly have more damage in 1.2, but at the cost of their survivability.

Imo, taking Revenant Devotion + Blood Knight Amulet and going for a Player Scaled Pet build is better choice for a Skeleton army atm. As an added bonus, you also get to fight alongside them if you wish, rather than just watching the battle from the sidelines.

1 Like

Hello - playing this build in hard core with the idea of farming Tomb of the Heretic for Nightbringer, Morganeth Rings, pants, and boots. But I haven’t gone there yet due to getting build ready with Dark One set. Question for you – would Heart of the Mountain be a better amulet on this build than Heart of the Sand King? Extra pet and all seems enticing. Also I found Mogdrogen Ardor and am using it instead of Ancestor relic. Thinking that is better if not more defensive. My RNG luck is all over the place - took at least 50 runs to get Dark One but took only 2 runs to get Sand King so Nightbringer, etc. will undoubtedly make me super familiar with Heretic dungeon assuming my character survives.

This is before equipping Dark One, crafted weapon and medal. The belt was a lucky find like Heart of the Mountain.

1 Like