Dawn of Masteries

That is a good question, I completed all the .dbr changes for GD 1.2.1.1 yesterday, but the mod keeps crashing every few minutes now…

As far as I can tell this is unrelated to the dbr changes themselves and I have no way of figuring out what causes them. Most of them should not even be able to crash GD and only bring the mod up to the 1.2.1.1 changes in e.g. items or skills, there are only a handful of ‘relevant’ files. Will see if I can find an issue in the changes I made and fix it…

1 Like

Thank you very much for responding, I am new to the topic of mods and I really wanted to play with this one, I hope it can be solved.

It’s not the new highlight new items option in the game is it? Because that has been causing some problems if people have it ticked.

common hellllllp me common lets play some new dom fix it fix plllllz lol. plz mamba i beg u.

Don’t think so, it appears to be completely random but every few minutes… I am not seeing any issues in the dbrs and I have done these updates more times than I can count without ever getting any crashes. Not sure what is going on, but it is not looking good…

Could it be this? Didn’t know if you saw this post from Zantac regarding new db fields.

1 Like

Mamba said it was unrelated, he was just walking around devils crossing and it crashed. Highlight crash doesn’t wouldn’t that

Lol

Just take your time. Keep at it as long as you can, and make sure to take breaks, rest, eat, drink. Stay safe as well.

Patience is a virtue. I’ll await for the finished product. In the mean time, let’s just allow the mod people do it at their own time and pace, and play another game for a bit.

No, just checked, I have those values already, that is not new with 1.2.1. The whole UI dir is identical in 1.2.05 and 1.2.1, so I made no changes in it.

The only files that imo are relevant are the char animation (and even that should not result in crashes) and game engine. Everything else is just updating of items, components, skills, etc. none of which should have anything to do with crashing to begin with. gameengine and animations are correct however, or at least I see no issues

1 Like

Zantac - phone autocorrect help. lol

Mamba, when will there be a new update for the DOM? I posted this here April 16th, it was just a common routine update, couldn’t we do that?

If you have a mod that is featured in the main game, that has featured in the game company, give it prominence back, you didn’t care about the work that started.

Foi por isso que TUDO DEU ERRADO

After repeated experiments, I found that the problem of DoM 151 crashing was caused by the character action files. When I restored them to the original 1211 version, both male and female characters could enter the game normally, and they would not be frozen when equipped with two-handed melee weapons.

what do you consider a routine update? First of all D3 added new animations and is now over the GD limit, so it is anything but routine to add a newer release to DoM.

Second, with the animation changes in GD 1.2.1 I was hoping they would also increase the number of animation slots, so I was hoping / waiting for that - turns out they did not

Finally, after updating DoM to make it compatible with 1.2.1 it now constantly crashes, and as far as I can tell there are no issues with the update I made (and this never happened with past updates either)

So there are reasons why there has not been an update…

don’t tell me what I care about or try to guilt me into something. I don’t think I ever got a thanks from you for creating it and creating updates for years, but now that there hasn’t been an update in a while you think you are entitled to one, get lost

3 Likes

obviously, it was missing the new 2h animations from 1.2.1…, that is why your char was frozen in game.

What you now did in essence is add the new standard animations and remove all custom animations.

I have updated the file so it contains both, but thanks to the constant crashes I am now getting for some reason, I have not released that version… it’s a workaround I guess if you want to play on 1.2.1

Although the character no longer freezes after deleting the two action files, the game crashes as soon as you walk a few steps out of the city, and it happens every time.

yep, happens to me too, and I have no idea why, which is why I have not released the update with all the 1.2.1 adjustments - and if this does not get fixed there is no point in updating TQ or D3, etc.

Why are you giving the modder crap for this? Crate Entertainment changing up their files for a major update isn’t Mamba’s fault, and electing to wait for the expansion to come out before updating is common sense.

Now is the worst possible time to be discouraging, especially since all this effort comes for free on your part. Do not bite the hand that feeds, friend.

Agree. Stuff like this happens. Asylum just did a hotfix if I remember correct. Maybe Crate also brings a Hotfix to fix this issue. Personally, I do not care about animations… Hell I even play Grim on low settings and I can play it on mox.