Dawn of Masteries

Hello is it possible to play crucible with the character made with the mod? If so, how do I play crucible with it?

No it isn’t. No mod can be used in Crucible because Crucible is basically a mod itself and only one mod can be active.

If you were to merge DoM with the base game, you could play its chars in the Crucible. Don’t think there is any other way to do so.

Alright. Love this mod and thanks for the quick reply!

Can you merge Shattered affix mod?

I am not interested in merging that mod, the merge itself should be trivial however, so feel free to do so for your custom mod.

It’s too bad about having the NCFF masteries, if you took them out you’d have exactly enough mastery slots to put in the D2 masteries, though I understand why you wouldn’t want to do that at this point and ruin anyone with a character currently using masteries from NCFF.

As for single mastery mods that you could add, the only notable ones for me are two very old ones that never got updated with the expansions (which doesn’t seem to be an issue for you), the Engineer and Mystic Warrior. Fair bit of warning, they aren’t the most balanced, especially Engineer. There’s also the new Mastery Plus mod which adds an extra mastery that acts as an extension of your other mastery for a sort of single mastery build, but of course only works for the original GD masteries. Not released yet, but could be interesting when it is.

Mysticv Warrior to me felt like half a mastery (it has 17 skills only) and the problem with Engineer is that it has a combo skill with each other mastery (which back then were the 6 vanilla masteries), which clearly does not work well here. Also, it looks like yet another pet mastery (but at least not the 5th or so Necromancer :wink: ). I haven’t played either, this is just from looking at their skill tree.

Does either mastery come with uniques ?

Any opinion on the Illusionist from Darkest Dawn (don’t want the Necromancer from it…) ? I was a bit interested in it, but it too had no item support which is why I did not take a closer look…

Mystic Warrior was a bit sparse no doubt about that. As for the combo skills in Engineer, they never felt necessary and could easily be deleted. It has a pet aspect to it, but it’s kind of more like Demolitionist Mortar or Shaman Totems in that way. It’s more than possible to just play it as a pure ranged no summon character though, especially if combined with another ranged mastery. Honestly I don’t remember well if either came with any items/uniques, but I don’t think so.

I didn’t like the Illusionist from Darkest Dawn at all personally.

I’ll take a look at the Engineer then, but to me item support is essential for a mastery to be added, so will depend on that.

Is there a way to make custom items (like spears) show up in character selection ?

That is a limitation of GD, nothing I can do on my end.

I’m uncertain if anyone else has stated this or not but, the skill/class window carries over from this into the main unmodded game.
And the only way I can think of, of undoing it is exit game and removing the mod.

Using the latest version Outlaw Hero spawns are broken, lots of errors, no hero’s at all. Also a lot of errors related to undead hero chests.

It’s been a while but I am almost certain this was an identical issue when the lua version of Grimmest was first uploaded.

All you need to do is exit GD and start GD again. Blame GD for not properly unallocating assets when switching mods (I noticed this with scripts too)

Chances are this is Grimmest, as nothing else would affect this. The script is taken from the latest version (1.1.4) with the changes that were made to the script in Grimarillion since, so I do not think there is a fixed / newer version of this. If you know of a mod that contains Grimmest FG and where this works correctly, let me know.

I can only recommend turning Grimmest off then, hopefully this fixes the issue as it should then no longer affects the spawn logic.

I like this MOD but I usually use Rainbow for Vanilla and Grimarillion. Someone could create the file for this mod as well and share it … please.

1 Like

I have something weird happen every couple plays.I would get stuck in the floor.Usually happens when im in inventory or paused.Not sure if it’s my game or the mod(i don’t play vanilla or other mods).What usually fix it are to through town portal.Only had it once not working

That is weird, but since the mod does not change the map, I am not sure there is anything in the mod that could cause this.

It’s no problem as i can get around it.It happens around once every 4-5 runs.
It might even be my my grim dawn installation as i haven’t redone my game install for long time now.

Version 0.9.2 released

Adds new wings
Cataclysm augments now drop from rare lockers
NCFF armor values have been adjusted to the new GD standard values (that is an increase in armor for caster and light armor, no change for heavy armor)

2 Likes