Dawn of Masteries

So when I watched this video Dawn of Masteries Overview - Part 6 - Diablo 2 I noticed this guy has over 900 class skill points available. How is it possible he has so many points? Did he use the editor or is it possible to get so many points in Dawn of Masteries mod?
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,

He used an editor, the skill points you get in DoM are identical to vanilla

Thanks,
I just wondered if i am doing something wrong.

does this mod compatible with the latest version of gd??

is there a discord group that tackles building character tips/guides?? add me upp

It does, yes. I am using it right now. :slight_smile:

Hey is there any way you guys want to increase the level to 200 and make the devotion increase to 100 in this modded like RoT and Nyidiamar did?? Also can you added some cleaning tool in game for scrap item i do not pick cuz it make my game stutter or worse freeze from all the trash item i have

nope, not happening.

In theory, all of the functions you mentioned can be extracted from their respective Mods and integrated for use, but implementation can be very time-consuming and labor-intensive.

In addition, it also involves ownership issues to some extent. :wink:

I donā€™t think we need more levels or devotion points. The focus of this mod is to offer more masteries while keeping GD essentially the same, so this does not fit on top of not being needed.

As to cleaning up items, I doubt we even could if we tried, not that I am interested in tryingā€¦

If this has an impact for you, clear an area up to the next riftgate, then exit and re-enter the game. That clears all items, takes next to no time and does not affect your progress, as you generally do not need to backtrack.

Is this the right place for help with crashes?

My game has started behaving weirdly. Only mods I have installed are DoM 1.4.0b and Rainbow Filter. Iā€™m running Grim Dawn 1.1.9.8

Running 64-bit Grim Dawn, High Spec PC so shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Iā€™ve been trying to advance in Forgotten Gods, after having only a handful of crashes throughout the whole base + malmouth campaign, I now consistently crash every ~3 minutes of gameplay in Forgotten Gods, always in the Cairan Docks where I seem to crash the most to the point where I simply cannot advance anymore.

A few things that seems to coincide with when the crash started happening a lot more but I donā€™t know if related:

My character tag in the Main Menu appearing as ā€œTag not found: tagSkillClassNameā€ when it gave the proper class name in the past (Blizzard Bringer).

My character now no longer loading, Iā€™m assuming, non-base game gear in the Main Menu making me look half-naked. Previously, I could see all my gear just fine on the main menu:

On that note, is there any way to read the generated crash dump files? I figured that could help me better find out why the crash keep happening.

Regarding this issue, I believe you misunderstood it. Normally, when starting a game, the equipment of the custom game cannot be displayed, because the original ontology does not contain the necessary resources for items with custom MODs.

You must have entered customization before returning to the main menu to display it.

Hey, can I do Crucible while playing dawn of masteries?

You need to install Grim Internals and thatā€™ll take a bit of fiddling on your part because GI is no longer being updated. Youā€™ll need to switch back to the 1.1.9.7 version of the game.

Once you have GI installed then you can use modded characters in the Crucible when you input the correct command.

Can I get info for this modā€™s Grimmest hero rate difference ?
I think it seems that something is different from original grimmest.

something is certainly different. The original Grimmest used

Spawn Count = Ceil(minBoost + maxMultiplier * (spawn number parameter + randtab[random(100)]) / 2)

where

• spawn number parameter is a value between 1 and 9, from the specific monster dbr
  • randtab contains values between 1 and 7
  • gd.grimmest.minBoost = { 0, -1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2 }
  • gd.grimmest.maxMultiplier = { 0, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1, 1, 2 }

DoM uses

Spawn Count = Ceil(random(minBoost, maxBoost) + maxMultiplier * spawn number parameter)

where

• gd.grimmest.grimMinBoost = { 0, -1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 3 } ā€“ adjusts number of hero spawns
  • gd.grimmest.grimMaxBoost = { 0, 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 9 } ā€“ adjusts number of hero spawns
  • gd.grimmest.grimMultiplier = { 0, 0.15, 0.25, 0.35, 0.5, 0.5, 1.0 } ā€“ multiplier for hero spawns from proxies

To me this gives me more control over the number of spawns, because in the original formula the result was overly influenced by whatever randtab[random(100)] has as a result. The multiplier is roughly halved, because it no longer gets divided by 2. The end result should not be all that different however, at least for lower settings.

In addition, higher settings have a chance for a boss to spawn with the heroes, and there will be heroes spawning with the bosses

Also, the highest difficulty keeps scaling up over time

Thank you so much !!

Hopefully ā€œeventuallyā€ is sooner rather than later. Wink Wink.

just a little fun effect of grim dawn v1.2 automatic toggles,
loading my char into DoM:

:smile:

1 Like

Known issue. Donā€™t play DoM with 1.2

1 Like