Grim Dawn Community League Season 3 - Release Date, Rules & Guidlines, and Installation

Grim Dawn Community League Season 3 will begin Nov 20th at 11am Eastern Standard Time. More news about when signups become open will be made available in the official Discord here so make sure you join for more updates. These ladders are open for all to participate. End date TBD (three months or so).

Official Website: https://www.grimleague.com/
Official Discord: Here
Video Explanation: Here

Grim Dawn League is a community based season driven by a small group of programmers, modders, and enthusiasts, to produce a point based competitive ladder where everyone will start fresh. Similar to PoE leagues or Diablo Ladders. Grim Dawn Season 3 is fully automated and will use our proprietary launcher to track your seasonal progression. Season 3 boasts two ladders (HCSSF and SC-Trade). Players can acquire points for completing feats throughout this season with a bit of emphasis on leveling challenges but also many end-game challenges as well. Season scorecard will be made available on their respective player profile at www.grimleague.com. Top three players in each ladder will receive prizes at the end of the season. The Season 3 mod is very vanilla at heart, however, it introduces some new systems, new end-game bosses, player hubs, custom music, new items, and more.

For more detailed information please visit the about section at out website.

Huge thank you to everyone that helped make this project come to life:
SeriousStan (Mod Maker)
GroundZero (API/Website)
MrMonday (Launcher)
Houck (Map Maker)
Touma (Music)
ArmoredOtter (Lore)
RektByProtoss (Lead Testing)
Eluminator (Tester)
Plasmastrike (Tester)

16 Likes

Just bumping for visibility. League starts tomorrow!

Not sure if the link’s bad or it’s something at my end, but I can’t get the website to load in at all on Firefox or Edge. :woman_shrugging: Anyone else had problems?

Here try this https://www.grimleague.com/

There were some changes made the the URL or something recently so some links posted previously might be dead sadly. I think I fixed it here.

Ah, yes, that work’s Mike. :+1:

1 Like

Hey, do you have some videos or screenshots showing all new skill effects?
If not can I post them here, blurred with spoiler tags? I’ll be checking them out anyway.

Also, are these items going to be in all Leagues moving forward?

Spoilers!

The modders of these visuals are @RektbyProtoss and @Serious_Stan.

Elemental Ravenous Earth from Skull of Hinissius

Acid Grenado from Bane’Galgalor’s Gaze

Lightning Grasping Vines from Jillius’ Ribbon / Lutra’s Seal

Cold Dreeg’s Evil Eye from Ramzul’s Eye

Gryphondor from Head of Azaleon

Acid Rune of Kalastor from Margul’s Rotten Shell

Pierce Wind Devils from Head of Azaleon

Elemental Doom Bolt from Curiosity of Thrawn

Acid Mortar from Sylvarria’s Wine

Elemental Judgment from Skull of Haraxis

Acid Rune of Hagarrad from Sylvarria’s Wine

Elemental Flames of Ignaffar from Curiosity of Thrawn

Aether Flashbang from Allostria’s Spiritcatcher

Chaos TSS from Balok’Anatu’s Gaze

Pierce Guardians from Head of Azaleon

Elemental Siphon Souls from Skull of Haraxis

Aether Forcewave from Krieg’s Fleshmask

Physical Wind Devils from Sygrund’s Unyielding Legacy

14 Likes

indeed, I taugh @RektbyProtoss how to use the PSEditor in 5 min, so I take all credit.

4 Likes

I really want to start this season but real life hits hard for a long time now :cold_sweat:
If all goes smooth, I hope I can join the league by mid January

I am amazed and impressed by the work you guys put into these leagues. I think Grim Dawn has one of the nicest player communities.

I have a question, though, and I apologize in advance if the answer to that question is already contained in some of the links you provided.

Question: I would love to play the league, and experience the content you’ve added, but my obligations prevent me from that? Is it possible to play this content, in some form or other, at a later time? Maybe as a singleplayer mod? That way, I would miss out on interacting with the community, but I would at leas be able to see the new content firsthand.

Thank you in advance.

As far as I can tell you can just register, download the installer, run it - and it should still function even after the Season ends since except for the extra stuff they baked into the launcher it is otherwise a mod like any other mod. You can play it as-is now even without necessarily having to actively take part in the “season”.

But I think that if you do want to participate fully the game needs to be launched via their custom launcher and then play the mod - since it appears they have made an attempt at implementing “anti-cheat” to try to ensure fairness in the season’s results.

1 Like

This is awesome.

Question: I would love to play the league, and experience the content you’ve added, but my obligations prevent me from that? Is it possible to play this content, in some form or other, at a later time? Maybe as a singleplayer mod? That way, I would miss out on interacting with the community, but I would at leas be able to see the new content firsthand.

You can hop in and when the season ends you can still play the mod standalone. If you dont want to play now you can stay tuned. Stan will most likely release a post-season version with some refinements if people still want to play it.

3 Likes

Here’s a podcast about the league and Grim Dawn in general:

3 Likes

New visuals for Thermite Mines, Grenado and Canister Bomb from Cyrrah’s Ingenuity

1 Like

Feels as though somebody should update the new conduit visuals from 1.1.9.4. But who?

We had screenshots of (almost) everything I believe. Maybe we should just reupload them somewhere.
And then you could make a video of you scrolling through the thread with those screenshots :laughing: