Grim Dawn Version 1.1.2.4 (Hotfix 4)

V1.1.2.4 Hotfix 4

[Tech]

• Multiplayer only UI windows (trade window, chat window, inspect window) should now function properly in gamepad/controller mode.
  • Fixed a bug where the snapping cursor in gamepad/controller mode would be moved to incorrect positions in windowed mode.
  • Fixed a bug with channeled skills where some actions were incorrectly prevented when channeling.
  • Fixed a bug where some monsters would incorrectly have actions on death when they shouldn’t.
  • Fixed a bug where devotion shrine experience could be missed in multiplayer if a player was dead.

These little updates are killing me Homes! (my arthritic fingers anyway), most of us old timers run grim internals for quality of life (old in sense of as a kick-starter, have hundreds of hours and just in general i’m old)

I don’t mind if they release an update every hour as long as they take care of their product, that is a great thing.

Great job, guys. Keep up the good work.

I have one request that I’m sure will be annoying, but you added the /x64 shortcut for grimdawn shortcuts made through steam, in which you can modify the .url file and add the command. But, it doesn’t work if you put it under “Launch Options” for the game’s properties. I was wondering if you couldn’t just add this ability?

As you can see there were some bugs that needed to be fixed. There were people actually waiting for some of those as it was preventing them from playing/enjoying the game (in particular some of the gamepad ones).

They can’t, actually, as it’s a Steam limitation apparently. Otherwise it would have been done awhile back when they introduced the x64 version. I get the pain over it tho but it seems that it is what it is. Hopefully Steam fixes the limitation someday or Crate figures out an alternative means.

As has been brought up in the bug section, it appears some significant input problems were introduced in this hotfix for many users.

First and foremost, chat automatically sends your message after one keystroke.

The um…upside…is that that keystroke can be ctrl+v, so you can at least copy in text from outside the game to communicate when absolutely necessary.

I waited for hotfix 4, now I shall wait for hotfix 5… Or another patch.

I just had another quick hotfix just now. Hopefully that fixes it…

Yep! Chat is functional now. :slight_smile:

sameeeeeee

I’m old as dirt myself, but I don’t mind fixes like this. That’s just being responsible to the players who need them to play, and what more devs should be doing post-release. At least it wasn’t another ‘re-balance/buff/nerf/change items or skills and confuse the hell out of me’ patch. :stuck_out_tongue: Also Grim Internals wasn’t affected, so yeah, this is a good thing.

Edit: Just tried to start up right now, and GI is indeed not working. Sorry, but Steam installed the update last night, and GI was working as per normal then. Apparently not now.

It wasn’t? So why is everyone else complaining it doesn’t work now after the update?

Sorry but you speak for yourself, I’ve never used GI and I’m old in all terms :wink: :smiley:

Sorry Medea–I updated last night via Steam dl and GI worked fine, but this morning it is doing the “wrong file size” thing. Don’t know why it worked okay last night, but yes, now it is messed up till GlGertie gets well, I guess.

There was another update this morning.

Okay, that explains it. Sorry for the misinformation.

Quote yourself is fun. What about hotfix eternity.
That would solve your problem and auto fix any potential in-game bugs for a life time.:smiley:

Hotfix 6 will be Grim Dawn II

As of the latest hotfix, I can no longer use right analog stick on xbox 1 gamepad to change pages on the Illusionist.

Starting with 1.1.2.0 gamepad support went from collossally worse, to mostly better with a minor issues, to now just slightly worse. It’s wearing me down. I don’t want to be a beta tester.

Edit: Also have a strange bug to report that I can’t reproduce intentionally as of yet. On a session earlier today, I would no longer get any tooltips when I would mouse over equipped gear. In order to see the stats on equipped items I had to unequip them or mouse over an item in inventory for the compare tooltip. I was going to report it but I restarted the game and the equipped-gear tooltips came back so I moved on. Just now, within a few seconds of applying an augment to an equipped ring, it happened again. I restarted the game again and removed and reapplied the augment and could not reproduce it. I don’t know what other conditions might be necessary in order to cause this to happen, but wanted to leave the report in case it may be helpful.

I have a same bug sometimes, but it happens radomly :confused: