Grim Misadventure #107: Patch v1.0.0.7 Preview

Not a bug. Cadence is basically your default attack and not a special DW proc. So just like any other default attack it has a small chance to hit with both weapons. What that chance is, i don;t know

It is a bug. The Cadence tooltip suggests it hits with both weapons, but in practice only connects with one.

Edit: And your understanding of Cadence is fundamentally wrong, too. :stuck_out_tongue: Cadence will always behave uniformly, regardless of your present Weapon Pool Skill selection.

You sure? I thought there only exists a small chance for it connect with both weapons. And can you explain the cadence point?

The first two attacks of Cadence, where you’re building up the Cadence ‘charge’, can trigger WPS like Markovian’s Advantage or Amarasta’s Quick Cut, or, in the case you suggested, hit with one of the two weapons or both of them. However, the third and final Cadence strike will always behave the same, overriding any weapon-pool procs.

I know all this, which is why i never liked Cadence (don’t kill me)

I never said WPS will effect Cadence, my suggestion was that since it’s a default attack modifier (and not a DW proc), it will share properties with a default attack and hence only has a a small chance to hit with both weapons. Unlike a DW proc like Shears or Execution where both weapons connect.

Sorry if my bad phrasing earlier made it look like i was implying that a dw wps can proc on Cadence.

No harm no foul, but having a chance to strike with both weapons by innately dualwielding is considered a Weapon Pool Skill by the engine, and is thus overridden by Cadence. I believe the chance to strike with lefthand/righthand/both weapons is 25%/25%/50%, respectively, until you actually start bringing in more Weapon Pool Skills…though the exact values may be something else. I don’t think anyone actually knows…

Nice explanation by this guy, Nine explained it to me in a different thread of mine. But thanks for the clarification.

I really want to see Endgame content at this game. I finished Veteran and Elite mode in a week and Elite mode seemed waste of time for me. It is not challenging and useless legendary drops. Elite mode needs some buff I guess.

Now I will start for Ultimate but, after that what am I gonna do? I know there is Crucible DLC but, other than that is there anything that I should do to improve my character?

This game really needs randomly generated rifts like Diablo 3. Grim Dawn had best character building system in ARPG’s that I played before(Not played PoE). I don’t want to say “Ok, no content here, I am done with GD” and uninstall it. I want to improve my character more.

If they actually fix cadence to proc with both dual wields, a lot of blademaster and other relevant soldier builds are gonna be revamped

Half the fun of this game is optimising builds to trash Ultimate content. You could also always start a new character and try interesting or quirky builds.

You haven’t tried the end-game yet, you haven’t tried the crucible. You probably haven’t tried many builds. And yet you suggest to turn this gem of a game into a garbage insult of an arpg known as D3 that does no justice to the series it belongs to

I tried Crucible. Same monsters, same waves.
I can predict Ultimate’s end game because this game doesn’t have randomly generated maps or monsters.
I tried some builds with cheat engine.

Whats next?

Also why are you so agressive? I am suggesting them to add some endgame content because this game doesn’t have enough.

Nothing. If you use cheat engine any endgame content that could be added is lost on you as you simply get the best gear and level 85 within minutes…

Play the game the way it is meant to be played and farm Ultimate / Crucible. If you are breezing through both, it is time to try a different build

Endgame is what you want it to be (for me its to get to nemesis monsters and try to defeat them). I don’t think any game has randomly generated monsters. As for maps I don’t know how this will add variety to the game (it’s basically the same tiles just arranged differently) all you are doing is just killing monsters paying no mind to the map layout anyways. You can always try out SoT and BoC to satisfy you dungeon needs. D3 rifts are no different, it’s the same thing same monsters same tile sets, If you play rifts for about 2 hours you’ve played pretty much everything D3 has to offer in terms of map variety.

The irony is that exactly the crucible was supposed to be this part of the game, supposed to create a game within a game, the filler to entertain the players bored of the story line and those willing to push the limits. A substitute of endless dungeon, rifts, maps, call it whatever. And it failed, IMO.

On the other hand, you have a few experience in the game, though you claim for optional endgame content. You haven’t even reached the endgame in the story line, why do you want more?
I’m aware that the lack of optional content and the inability to play a single character forever, is the major gripe of the players coming from fast paced MMO-ish aRPGs like D3 and PoE. And they obviously have their reasons. But let’s take into account that these games got only late game and the story line is just a filler, which you breeze through in a couple of hours on your way to rifts/maps. While GD is a completely different game by its core design - it encourages exploration, full clears, rerolls.
These all are different games, with different philosophy, rules and design. And it’s incredibly hard to make a universal game, able to please all of these audiences. Mind it.

I wouldn’t call it a failure. They could have just made it a bigger with some minor rooms. As it stands now it’s just a platform where you stand and monsters rush to you. it’s just boring to look at cause you are not walking at all. If they had something like half the size of a floor of BoC/SoT and have monsters spawn in them it would have been great.

People that come from D3 and POE expecting an extensive endgame are going to be severely dissapointed. This game is built around making multiple builds and going through the story multiple times, the game actively encourages the player to reroll multiple times.

This game was not built around playing forever with the same character through repetitve endgame content. So either accept this or go play something else.

I started game as soldier but didnt find what I expected and I changed. That’s all. It wasn’t even cheating and it doesn’t affects anything about endgame content

I interpreted your

as creating some level 85 chars with different builds to see how they are faring. Certainly sounds like more than one respec :wink:

I’de somewhat advise against that train of thought. Early on, I gave Nightblade a try and hastily stopped/deleted the character halfway through Act 1. 400 hours later and I decide to give it a proper chance and it’s become one of my favourite characters.