Grim Misadventure #152: Dressed to Slay

You might be ok with it but to me that kind of ‘update’ on the whole sounds more like something that would be hugely unpopular if they were to slap a pricetag on it. For my part, I’d be against it. If it came bundled in with some actual new content/features that would be a different story. Otherwise a free update patch would be the way to go with a minor ‘graphical update’.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure we’re underestimating anything, but we sure as heck are not overestimating our own resources. :smiley:

The topic in question has been beaten to death. Each skill that has fx swaps is hand-edited to support it, both on the code end and with custom fx variants. To do so for every skill in the game would be astronomical; the only viable means would be a tech solution that dynamically alters skill fx RGB values, which is no small feat either.

I understand, I apologize if my comment made it seem like I’m lecturing you.

Let’s just hope some kind of feasible tech solution for this issue will be available for Grim Dawn 2 :smiley:

From the code end of things, why not just have modifier FX fields universally override base-skill FX fields, rather than doing it template-by-template (or worse, skill-by-skill)? Is it because you might wind up with multiple modifiers and not know which one to use?

Because fx fields are not universal and some skills have multiple fx fields to override.

Multiple fx modifiers is something that already comes up and there is a priority order to them, so that’s not a concern.

The new items look amazing! Will there be a new set the focuses on poison damage and the use of a 2 handed melee weapon?

Crate and doing something amazing? Please…

Inb4 banned. :cool:

Fun fact: the upcoming V1.0.7.0 patch officially has the largest changelog yet.

Looking forward to the changes!

That feel when patch is closer than some might think (but probably not as close as some might think, looking at you “this week?!” people)

:banana:

We fixed that one, nerd!

I was promised exploitz in exchange for tickets to CrateCon.

I would expect so since it has been the longest time between patches yet. (I think?) A lot must have built up.

I’m still looking forward to it! :smiley:

that assumes a more or less constant rate of changes per day, when I would expect the number of tweaks to go down over time… the question then is how much of that is because of FG and how much are the ‘usual’ tweaks

So, within 2 weeks?
Sounds about right…
:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m only disappointed that the title of this GM didn’t have a Holiday reference.
For example “Dressed to Sleigh”. :slight_smile:

First official use of the word “Cratecon”. The idea’s taken root folks, now we just need to nuture it for it to grow into reality. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, the art can’t get much better than that. I mean just look at that gorgeous helm with the skull pointing skyward. Ain’t that just the perfect thing to be wearing when your first hc toon bites the dust in the upcoming exp… it will be a good death… omg haven’t been so hyped for dying in this game for a long time!

TSWM - Too short want more :smiley:

Finally, by popular request during one of our livestreams, we have a helm styled after the brutal Gargoyle enemies. But this one is going to take a bit of effort to acquire! We’ll leave the details (and the stats!) for you to discover on your own.

IS that helm a drop from Shattered Realm?

You won’t say that once you’ve seen it. :eek: