GrimSheet: Endgame Build Table - ETE edition [v1.41]

E: Lol this is what happens when I skim threads.

Camera rotation has nothing to do with the existence of the exploit. It enables the exploit, sure, but I’m 99% sure @Valinov was referring to “removing the exploit” with this quote:

I agree with the sentiment you each share - camera rotation is by far GD’s biggest advantage over its competitors. However, I’m also a strong advocate for the removal of aggro abuse in SR. I believe a ‘fix’ has already been identified, but it hasn’t been implemented because of public outcry at the notion. But, as Valinov said,

4 Likes

There is a big difference between using the camera thingy(I don’t like to call it abuse) and not using it.

Mostly because even with perfect control, if you just try to straight up aggro abuse, you can still easily end up pulling 1 or 2 bosses in the small room as of the current patch.

But rotate the camera and zoom in; you can aggro them one by one without a sweat. Yes, zooming in also works in addition to rotating the camera.

3 Likes

I pull more of them often even with camera pointed away from them, especially in that small boss room. I would say like 1 in 5 times in that small room.

And how did we play after the FG release… Overbuffed merciless SR with double Gravas, noone knew about camera abuse… Oh, wait, we played w/o abusing camera

2 Likes

Zoom in max. That is the fwuffy trick for SR 90+ :3

1 Like

Aggro abuse is just rng as mutators. There is no certainty of your little steps won’t pull more than one creature and sometimes even I move furher from the boss I want it to be the last, while pulling the closest one can trigger more and as a chain reaction I have to deal with all. For some builds it’s easier to kite when you have to deal with all but for melee builds it’s harder. So it’s just dumb luck. Yeah you get %50 of the time 1 or at most 2 of them at the same time with this method and I see it as a tactic not an abuse. Because when I first enter the room and if non of them jump at me right at the beginning, I check the bosses and calcute which one or two I can handle first. I consider the possibilty of pulling two while this process. But rotating camera provides you a pulling success. And that success is equal to most elite builds’ SR performance.

PS: I fixed the camera rotation. It’s stable and map always looks the north, I removed the keybind so I can not accidently change the angle. I also zoom out max when I first entered the game with a character because I’m more comfortably like that. I never zoom-in in the boss rooms either. I like to see all as much as I can. Also there is a map bug for a few patches. Minimap sometimes doesn’t show the boss icon so you only see it on big map by clicking ‘‘M’’. And I sometimes encounter that boss icons doesn’t show up even on big map. So I blind fighted in boss rooms too.

1 Like

I have max zoom out, that will be it. But I don’t like that close zoom in like PoE has that is just unplayble to me camera so close to character.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Never understood the “don’t use it if you don’t like it”. SR is basically balanced around people pulling bosses one by one. Take pulling one by one away and 95% of current sr75 builds will turn into pumpkin.

Back before FG was released I really looked forward to SR, but once I realized that to climb here you basically need to cheese, as well as how it’s biased in favour of SC players who can just use all their defensive cooldowns to kill one boss, wait it out and kill the next one, I made a conscious choice - Crucible is a more fun, fair and unbiased game mode period.

P.S. just to make it clear - I don’t mind players using everything they can in SR80+, but SR65 and SR75 is kinda taken for granted at the moment as the optimal farming zone. Don’t use it if you don’t like it = don’t farm if you don’t like it, kinda.

7 Likes

this is questionable though.

Not all, cooldowns are important. And I guess there is a solution for that; increasing the time penalty. And If anyone do this method to pass a boss room, it’s obvious on their timer. There is a difference between a build can farm 75-76 with the timer stays higher than 6-7 mins and a build can do same with ran out timer. And we can see the timer whether the build owner shares a video or screenshot to prove it’s performance.

Unless the screenshot taken after the shard over. Then timer will appear 00:00

That’s some very mild sugarcoating given that I’m talking about the gap between SC players using every possible trick and HC players not going out of their way to aggroabuse shit and alt-f4 if they weren’t so lucky.

No, the Word of Dragon is absolute! :dragon:

4 Likes

Timer is not very accurate in SR, with high aoe skill timer is stacking up faster for some reason.
Look there, meme build with lokarr set, it was not so fast really. Almost 14min at start of the room. You can stack it even in boss room.

3 Likes

I know it can be replenished in boss room aswell if there is enough minions etc but lol I see this for the first time. But this is something that should be fixed so we can count on the timer while measuring the performance. We can’t just put aside the timer and say hell it’s bugged anyway. Some weirdness can not be fixed because of engine I’m aware but this should be done.

Yeah but it’s the difference between SC and HC. You need to play extra careful so it pushes people to use resources more cautious. But we’re talking about SR here and this charts is SC chart. So if a player really need to use everything he/she can to pass a boss room(maybe hardly) then the build performance won’t be that good either. Ofc after 85 it’s more a normal to use that method and being cautious.

Timer shouldn’t go up to measure anything and still SR is so random that it does not make a sense how fast 75-76 shard is cleaned (until it’s something like 20min or timer goes off). For presenting build it’s better to just show video or go for higher shard.

But how frequent and how consistent? And maybe devs change the timer as you said to make it more measurable so then being fast in SR becomes a thing aswell.

Let’s hope Grim Dawn 2 gets i) leaderboards / seasons online and ii) is not possible to mod/cheat in

And I want world peace, ending capitalism and get rid of a dictator who runs my country.

2 Likes

Why would you want that? There are already too many online games.

6 Likes

@grey-maybe @Stupid_Dragon
I’d include this build in the table [1.1.6.0] Physical Forcewave Warlord sr100/75-76 easy farm/celestials

2 Likes