GrimSheet: Endgame Build Table - ETE edition [v1.41]

I really hope not, because the recent retal builds I have seen posted have several impossible green items.

And I am sure that 90% of the player base do not even care about rankings anyway. 90% of the player base does not even play ultimate at all.

ARPGs have this tradition that in order to push the hardest content, you need to be somewhat of a nerd and spend time theorycrafting, testing stuff, farming etc. That is what I think is the most fun part about ARPGs - that I can really get into the details of the game and progress.

If you ā€œjust wanna have funā€ you can play the other difficulties or just be content with SR 50 or something. If there was no challenging end-game and theory crafting etc, I would not play Grim Dawn.

But I have ā€œbeaten ultimateā€ numerous times, with SSF characters. Not super hard, and there are plenty of beginner build guides you can study and also build journals one can use as inspiration. Such things narrows things down for lesser ambitious players, they do not need to reinvent the wheel but have something to fall back on. What I am trying to say, you do not need to have fully geared chars to beat ultimate, you need some carefully chosen core items, cover resistances etc and just play well.

3 Likes

i donā€™t think that they are impossible to get, according to my farming experience.
and even if they are impossible, than their impact over build is far lesser, than the sheer brokeness of retaliation and RTA. Other builds with so called ā€œimpossible to get MIā€ arenā€™t performing as nearly close as retal does. so the nerf of it is absolutely justified.

That logic I can buy.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gq01kZ
Class: Witch Hunter
Author: Valinov
Patch Version: 1.1.7.1
CR timing: 4.50
SR: -
Naked CR: -
SR speedrun: -

Not surer how to label it. For now maybe just by a filler skill
Chain Lightning Dreegalā€™anore by Valinov
as you could make a similar build around Winter Kingā€™s Might / Voracious Reach.

2 Likes

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVW1x50N
Class: Elementalist
Author: @TomoDaK
Patch Version: 1.1.8.1
CR timing: 4.48
SR speedrun : -

Stun Jacks / Storm Totem / Maelstrom by TomoDaK
(all the skills above are hardcapped)

:mega: This is not a Lightā€™s Defender build. I repeat, this is not a Lightā€™s Defender build :mega:

3 Likes

Looks similar to mine :slight_smile: Also worth repeating that it is not a cyclone set either :wink:

btw you have 23/22 full spread

[1.1.6.2-1.1.8.1] The Winter Birds! Cold Pets (2x Familiars) Bysmiel Conjurer
Class: Conjurer
Author: Nery
CR timing: 6:02
SR: - 85
SR speedrun -
Superbosses: Mogdrogen, Ravager

Also this one:

[1.1.5.2-1.1.8.1] Monster Reborn! Cold Flames of Ignaffar Infiltrator in ~ 6
Class: Infiltrator
Author: Nery
CR timing: 4:53
SR speedrun -
Superbosses:

2 Likes

I usually donā€™t get weigh in on balance discussions because Iā€™m nowhere near a good player. Iā€™m basically a 1 armed player with 4,000 hours in the game. The idea of nerfing retaliation builds disappoints me for maybe selfish reasons. I have a very hard time playing pianos, or the PoE flask type mode. With about 40 maxed out characters, retals are comfortable enough, but the trade off Iā€™ve found is they seem to be very slow killers, some I made a year or 2 ago donā€™t work at all. Crate has been great at buffs and not too many nerfs. I keep all my characters and the non-viable ones just have to be rebuilt , which can be very expensive in materials. Whatever they decide Iā€™ll happily accept and be thankful for, but I hope there remains room for players that are nowhere near ā€œeliteā€ and still reach maybe recognized end gameā€¦i.e Nemeses, 60 or so SR, some of the Celestials.

1 Like

Or maybe donā€™t update your game and create The 1.1.8 Resistance Group in retaliation for the 1.1.9.0 retaliation nerfs.
Next, you make your own 1.1.9.0 patch / mod with various buffs compensating for old nerfs to lure thousands of players.
When eventually all play The Community Patch, :zantai: has no choice but to abdicate once and for all.

Yes, Iā€™ve been thinking about it a lot lately.

3 Likes

Update for Aether DE Spellbinder:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmMPwV

Class: Spellbinder
Author: Alkamoshater
CR timing: 5:20
SR: 110
SR speedrun -
Superbosses: Ravager

1 Like

Changelog is updated. Havenā€™t yet included there tqFans acid WK WH, because i want to test this one in SR. (and because itā€™s similar to Valinovā€™s one.)

It seems like youā€™ve failed the paladin challenge, so how about a new one: make non lightning vindicator. The diversity of this class is garbage.

1 Like

For Crucible actually fire Totems can be fast but I donā€™t expect great results elsewhere.

1 Like

great class of lightning and totems. And totems and lightning.

If itā€™s vindicator then itā€™s totem box devils. No matter the damage type :rofl:

2 Likes

I have fire vindicator (desolator). Will play it more next patch

Cold ranged savagery is close to being possible, but needs some +savagery love (canā€™t wear korba helm and complete stormserpent set; northern wyrm doesnā€™t give +2 shaman; lightning -> cold to manually balance is then limited to 1 shoulder for 30%). Lord knows pierce can stack savagery to +50 by the time you get items completed somehow, so cold could use some love outside korba weapons carrying it all

1 Like

Not sure how you reset Tributes but I used GDStash and found it very tedious / immersion breaking while doing Crucible runs.

Here you can find GDHacker that can freeze Tributes so that you can provide :crate: with even MOAR build performance tests to balance builds better or at least test MOAR comfortably.

You can either

• use it alone as a command line tool / shortcut with arguments to freeze Tributes for one launch of the game

• combine it with GDAutocaster that detects the game automatically and freezes Tributes when the gameā€™s window is active

• can be fully automated so that Tributes are always frozen without userā€™s interaction whenever you play Grim Dawn even after computer restart if you add GDAutocaster to startup with proper arguments

All this assuming it actually works on machines other than mine which Iā€™m not sure yet and be grateful for feedback.

Video

GDHacker + GDAutocaster can also dynamically change gameā€™s speed while in-game.

• you can try to cheat Crucible with it by speeding the game up here and there
    to spare a few seconds hoping nobody can notice that in the recording :thinking:
Video
1 Like

I suggest to make visible on-screen what cheat is enabled like Grim Internals shows when you speeded game.

Updated

Added ā€œAuthorā€ and ā€œGame Versionā€ columns so now itā€™s easier to navigate.
Deleted SR Speedrun, because only one person have submitted them, and i didnā€™t want to lower the reqs, hence that would be meaningless.
Added a couple of builds that iā€™ve found on forum since 30th of November, yet iā€™m more than sure that i missed some of them. Also I almost didnā€™t add anything from builds people iā€™ve seen from ā€œā€ā€œofficial (not official)((and now itā€™s official again, goddammit))ā€" discord. Sorry for that, my memory is quite a garbage.

Just reminding that submission form is still available and saves me a lot of time.

itā€™s not all the changes, since i want to introduce major ones when the 1.1.9 is out, so itā€™s not 1.30 yet.

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aQv7k2
Class: Shieldbreaker
Author: Retal_Abuser
Patch: 1.1.8.1
CR: 4:57
Naked CR: 6:03
SR: 100
Superbosses: Crate, Callagadra, Ravager

1 Like