Happy Fourth Birthday to Grim Dawn!

Happy happy birthday to my favorite gothic adventure!
Btw the bears are a reference to frozen hills? :open_mouth:

Keep it up :+1:

Be sure to wear your soiled trousers when you do!

1 Like

In a world of responsibilities and adulthood, thank you Crate for keeping me young inside by creating a product that brings back all the good feels and memories of the classics that came before it. For doing this so well, for me, Grim Dawn has become a classic also. One of the best games Iā€™ve ever played.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday! :partying_face::beer::beers:

Happy Birthday!! :slight_smile:

A true story of fun and success, you can be proud!

Happy Birthday Crate Workers!

Happy Birthday to first ARPG to really captured my soulā€¦ that sounds bad, but itā€™s a good thing I swear! Coming from an RTS and WoW background this game opened my eyes to the depth a game can have, and not just in a mechanical wayā€¦ but in a way with lots of personality and themes. I love it. Thank you Crate seriously.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Grim Dawn !!
And letā€™s go for the Bear Simulator :bear:

I am so happy this game smashed every measure of success that I had hoped for when I backed it on KS years ago! Happy birthday wonderful game I still love! Thank you, Crate! I love yā€™all and your wonderful baby!

Thank you so much Crate & Team!

I supported Grim Dawn even in early access and Iā€™ve enjoyed the journey :slight_smile:

Get some rest enjoy the fruits of your labour - you have my support for any new developments you genuineness work on in the future!

No rest for those lazy devs. :wink:

Truly something to look forward to, I donā€™t mean to start propaganda here but after playing Grim Dawn and getting a few chars to level 100 the simplicity of D4 is not interesting me in the slightest Iā€™m relying on Crate to get my fix in the future hahaā€¦ no pressure!

Not sure if anyone noticed but the GD Logo for the patch is with a new color scheme - icy blue.

Combine that with the background image of bears/werebears? - might be we are for a suprise with an ice themed XP3 hmmm - might be Z`s secret project?

One can dream

I doubt it since he said his main focus is no longer on GD.

But he said that his project would be ā€œinterestingā€ for people who want more GD :slight_smile:

Still GD continues to be so successful and the recent boost via Wolcen`s failure not only brought huge influx of new players (who didnt know of the game due to zero marketing) but also proves despite being 4 years old people just want more and more of it.
Purely from business perspective - its a recipe for continious revenue stream, coupled with making Crate``s name visible and being associated with the ā€œgood/decentā€ dev teams (very few of these exist nowadays) just enables for their next games being exposed to much bigger audiences.
Not last - Crate obviously love GD as well - they prove this with every patch.

Might be that they decided that any potential content of another XP can be broken down in small bits and released every couple of months as a patch while they prepare to come up with their next big thing.

Whatever it is i am anxiously waiting what is next in store for GD`s future.

1 Like

I doubt that. Expansions are a lot of work and you think theyā€™re going to release it as free patches? I really donā€™t get it. Crate have made it clear there are no more expansions for the game.

"powbam: and this pretty much confirms GD expansions are for sure done. Even tho ive already felt that.

Zantai: I thought Iā€™ve been pretty blunt about a possibility of a gdx3, hah. All things considered, FG did very well, but it just doesnā€™t make sense for the team and for the game to bloat things with a third expansion. A 10th mastery would just blow up items."

Where is that icy blue color you speak of

I believe itā€™s in the steam page, the totem update show original grim dawn logo with icy blue

1 Like