Help summoner build

Hi guys,i m new here.I played path of exile for a couple of month with my boyfriend,now we want to play grim dawn.I’m a complete newbie and i m searching for a minion build.Any advice?Any good build for starter? Thanks very much

2 Likes

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Assuming you have the expansions for the game as well this is a good starter build

3 Likes

Thanks for help…i m super noob for me it’s also hard understand builds.
You think is good?

1 Like

Yes, it’s very good. Not too difficult to find gear to use for it although you’ll probably have to farm a bit for the endgame items. It’s also a build that doesn’t have too many buttons to push all the time. Maya’s one of our two pet expert builders here; Sigatrev is the other, but his builds tend to be more active than Maya’s lazy builds do.

2 Likes

Thanks for all help then =) I will try it

1 Like

I have another question for you.I’m stacking “% all damage” on minions,on each piece i found.The problem is i don t understand how this percent work.I mean EXAMPLE i pass the mouse of my skeleton minion and have 113% All damage,if i remove a peace with “+35 all damage example off hand” when i look back the icon i alwasy see 113%,I must remove 3/4 pieces for see this percent 100% or lower.

1 Like

That I can’t help with, sorry. The game’s mechanics are gobble-de-gook to me I’m afraid.

Not sure if anything in the Game Guide will help you understand it

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/

Maya’s also got a pretty comprehensive guide on pets which might help

1 Like

With each skill point spent on the base skill, like summon skeleton for eg, the pet gains bonuses to its stats. This is then added to the pet bonuses from items, skills like “Manipulation”, devotions etc.

So, for eg; at 16/16 your Skeletons will always have +100% to dmg. This will not change regardless of bonus stats to pets.

Now to better illustrate it, say you also have Reap Spirit at 23/16. Your Reap Spirit Wraiths would have +145% to dmg.

Now if you had +200% pet dmg from items, your Skeletons will have +300% dmg while Reap Spirits will have +345% dmg.

You can check on your pet stats in the second tab right after the page that shows your Health, resistances etc.

Hope that clears it up.

Yes,thanks for help now it’s more clear.
Sorry for all these question i’m a newbie

1 Like

Don’t worry! We all were once. Ask away.

What Medea said :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have further questions, feel free to ask :blush:

Hahaha ok ok.Then i have problem with my pets.I have a keybind for let them attack,but they always back to me…i try to stay close to them…but if i run away from a fire pool or a missile they come again to me.Second i have problems with bosses they oneshot my pets =D

Neither Maya nor me keybind them. What we do is right click on their icons in the game and set them to Aggressive, then stand back and watch them do their thing. They’ll attack anything in their aggro range if you do that.

As for them getting one-shotted, upload your character into grimtools build calculator so we can have a look at it.

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

I’ve not long ago started up a summoner of my own (only level 29 so far). He’s a cabalist (Necromancer/Occultist).

My understanding in GD is that the best stat in the game for survivability (pets & characters) is resistance. Buff your pet resistances and use equipment to boost them where possible. Next up, anything getting one-hit killed could be because they lack defensive ability. With low DA, not only do enemies hit more consistently, they can land critical hits which do terrifying amounts of damage.

If you’ve got access to Occultist then Curse of Frailty is a good debuff to apply to enemies to give your minions more time to deal with them.

But - as noted above, if you upload the character to GT & share then people more knowledgeable than I can analyse it and point out exactly where you’re coming up short.

Hallo,i’m back sorry long week end.I tryed to upload my characteur but i have “Grim Dawn” on ssd and can t find the file .gdc in each folder.And in “my games” under Grim Dawn i have only Screenshot and Setting.I have fixed my minions problem with stance aggressive.Now i’m just levelling searching for items.Thanks for all kind of helps =D

Should be in here:

Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

if you’re not using local saving, which from the sounds of it you’re not. Being on an SSD doesn’t make a difference, you just need to find the right pathing.

Yes,i found the folder but it’s empty. :smile: If needed i can send a pic of my fantastic characteur ahah but i m low level for now i’m 61.Anyway i like this build for now unique problems are bosses with big pools.i’m trying to understand my gear priority.

Can you post the exact pathing for both locations? Because that just doesn’t make sense. They should be in one of the two, depending on whether you’re using cloud saving or not.

D:\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\219990

This is unique folder with that name on pc

Not the right place to be looking.

Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\

Steam\userdata - not Steam\steamapps