Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Thank you!

Also have an issue where the good dog statue thing disappears from my inventory…

Did you try to use it next to a stash?

Also worry not, you get it back on each restart, though it should not disappear in the first place.

Negative on using it next to the stash. It’s mostly annoying because resetting mob progress in ultimate at level 15 or whatever can be a bit of a pain haha.

For sure. What version are you using (Custom Game, Non-Custom Game, Dawn of Masteries Patch), so that I can give it a try myself?

custom game, DOM patched. Also had a few items with a null skill bonus in the modifiers, but unsure if that’s just a bug with most recent DOM or not (hadn’t played since the last update).

^ So I gave it a try myself, and I always kept the item inside my inventory after using it, with a cooldown of 8 minutes. Give the re-uploaded fix a try, maybe it fixes your other issue too.

Some changes were made to Noitalacse Island and Where the Time Goes — basically the ones mentioned here. You can get the patch for the Faster Leveling (N) version here: [Download]

I have uploaded fixes for both Dawn of Masteries compatibility patches, in addition to the changes above tokens should now drop too. Get them from the update page. I completely rebuilt the Faster Leveling (N) / Non Lightweight version, which hopefully ensures that everything works correctly.

1 Like

Is there anyway you could incorporate the faction vendors into the dungeon room or really anywhere similiar to Nydiamar and also have a similar faction reputation system to Nydiamar that comes from the dungeons or is there already something similar that I am missing?

I’d love to have easy access to all the vendors and don’t mind farming the reputation up similar to Nydiamar but for a normal playthrough rep is way too grindy and the faction vendors are all over the place but feels too important to neglect entirely

Grim League (which by the way soon gets a new season with tons of new content) has a central hub with all merchants, which I can change up and port. Adding the tokens is also no work at all, so this won’t take me too long.

Different topic, but I always wanted to have some sort of portal room, similar to the one found in Sacred, though I’m not sure how well this would work in Grim Dawn. It could break stuff of course, but would there even be a point of it, skipping right to later areas? You gotta level up you character either way. If anyone got any ideas, let me know.

I think it can be used as a function of town construction. Players collect stones, wood and other materials everywhere to completely repair the prison, and then look for those wandering warriors everywhere and persuade them to settle down and guard their new home. Every night, some monsters will harass here for a period of time. If players do not kill monsters and let them go, these escaped monsters will become more powerful when they attack next time.

This sounds like a great idea, and I myself had a similar one long ago, but my estimation for creating this would be about 40 hours of absolutely-no-fun-time. I already see a few issues which would hinder this whole thing, such as enemies not being able to spawn far outside of your view, the problematic pathing of them, or how the heck do I trigger a script at a specific time of day. But an upgradeable base was always a dream.

Final Update (3)

New Location — Personal Hideout

This is the hideout from the Grim League, but modified. You can find all services here, including all faction merchants and blacksmiths the game has to offer. The entrance to it can be found right in the beginning in Devil’s Crossing, you can’t really miss it.

As a side-note, Grim League soon gets another season with a lot of new content, so be on the lookout.

New Item — Faction Tokens

Faction Tokens can be exchanged for Faction Reputation. You can access and level up all factions except Kymon’s Choosen / Order of Death’s Vigil (the faction you later choose gets unlocked) right from the beginning, if you already got a bunch of these tokens.

They come in three rarities and simply drop occasionally, although all legendary Beutekugeln guarantee at least one token drop.

Changes to Existing Content

• Yeci Island
    • Moved all spawn points closer to the middle
    • Modified all encounter chances
    • Lowered the pool sizes
    • Removed Iron Bits Explosion as a possible event (I forgot to update the dialog though)
  • Soul Vessels
    • Well, I fixed them
  • Moved the Ruined Memorial to the hideout
  • Sacrifices (used to increase favor gain)
    • -75% Health Points > -45% Health Points
    • -25% Max Resistances > -12% Max Resistances
  • Fixed some text issues

I have added a pre-merged version with the Diablo 3 Classes mod created by Grimer. This one is obviously a bit more lightweight than Dawn of Masteries.

Updated the compatibility patch for Dawn of Masteries. The patching process now extracts the whole database, adds the Lightweight Mod files, and then repacks it again — this hopefully ensures that all files are actually updated. Unfortunately, this whole process now takes up to 35 minutes.

Updated Translation Templates, but not the Source.

Have fun. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks for all your work!

I’m using the Lightweight D3 version i just can’t seem to pop Beutekugeln

Did you try to actually destroy them, as in dropping them to the ground and selecting destroy? Also, don’t open them next to a stash / smuggler NPC.

I can’t pick them up or destroy them xD

edit: closing the game and open it back up seem to fix it , never mind i cant destroy or pick it up again xD
idk what is going on anymore

You are playing the Faster Leveling (L) Diablo 3 version? I tried it myself, and everything seems to be working just fine - spheres drop, get picked up, and can get destroyed.

It can sometimes (but very rarely, so rarely that I actually did not encounter it in like a year or so) happen that it either still shows the sphere besides being already picked up, or that you have to hold ALT (to show all loot) and then to click it to pick it up - spheres are affected by your loot filter, as well as the Auto Loot option, in case you have this disabled.

1 Like

i see i will try hold alt to pick up im playing on ‘Faster Leveling (L) Diablo 3’

Edit : Thank you soo Much ‘Holding ALT’ work :blush: :pray:

is there i way of not get random skill/atribute points in the (non) lightweight version?

You only drop these potions very very rarely, so you can simply not use them?

1 Like

:grin: yeah sorry, it was a dumb question lol