[Mechanics] Global Elemental dmg converted to X now occuring *last* in order (*after* single ele>X)?

The issue above is going to be addressed in v1.1.5.0.

For those interested in the real nity-gritty details, the order of operations for competing conversions (ex. cold -> fire and cold -> aether) is intended to be as follows:

• Right Hand
  • Left Hand
  • Neck
  • Medal
  • Right Ring
  • Left Ring
  • Belt
  • Head
  • Torso
  • Shoulders
  • Hands
  • Legs
  • Feet
  • Relic

Sets, though with the way sets are set up now such a conflict is not likely, are evaluated in order of their dbr ID.

4 Likes

@Zantai Wouldn’t it be better to just make 3ele and 1ele parallel and additive? I can’t think of a build which would break the game thanks to it. On the contrary, it would help non-Clairvoyant binders, certain chaos builds (Voidsoul), raise the value of conversion belts and MIs, help all those non-synergistic builds based on conversion.

@zantai - Just to be doubly sure, Z, right hand here refers to main hand, yes? i.e. the character’s right, not the player’s right.

I made a test on Panetti and equipped full
Elemental to Vitality gear

but I have Fire to Aether on the belt

Yet I have only Vitality damage in-game on Panetti.

But I don’t have 100% Ele to Vit before belt on this priority list

Would anyone be so kind and explain to me how it works now?
This is Grim Tools
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gnmd6N
I don’t have 100% Ele to Vit from Weapon + Off-hand due to really low rolls

I’m going to guess that elemental conversion is still a unique step, first in the order.

The issue that was addressed was that for the same type (ie, elemental or fire/cold/elec), this new order takes effect.

The old problem was that you could equip items in a certain order to change the portions of similar types being converted to diverging types. Now it is consistent wrt that gear order.

1 Like

All same type conversion summarize at order of highest priority. For your build Ele to Vit counts as 145% at Right hand queue.

I can confirm elemental conversion comes at least before fire, ice, and lightning conversions.

1 Like

I can confirm situation when fire, ice, and lightning comes before elemental.