[Mod] Reign of Terror

I’m tested this skills on cheated personage. “Hunger” works fine even without Werebear active, but you need to target enemy, not empty space. It eats HP from enemy to you. And with “Septic Saliva” it seems… wery powerful :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Initially I’m sure it’s QUITE powerful, but keep in mind it needs Intelligence to improve and I’m using a physical damage main attack skill. :smiley: So it may be short lived. We’ll see. I just thought it’d be really cool to try out. :smiley:

Oh I see! Finally figured it out after sleeping. You DO actively cast it! And at any distance. So it’s a regular spell as I FIRST suspected. We’ll see if it’s worth sinking 40 points into to help out a poor melee guy, LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was asking the question of others in general. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit of a sucker for damage over time spells and sitting there watching things burn. I’m kind of sick really. :wink:

EDIT 1: Ultimately I decided after seeing how cool the spell is, that this spell won’t work with my build. But now that I understand it, I’ll try it some other time. :smiley: I’ll instead use all these mastery points to get both vines going, as they both support a melee type build.

1 Like

I replaced my surround system and even got a 192 bitrate soundblaster to plug it into (correct, there is no receiver, they are PC speakers that have above average sound (technically the subwoofer processes the sound)). The first 4 levels of act 6 are still somewhat quiet compared to the music in any other area in the game. Is there a way to boost the volume on these essential levels that start the Diablo 1 experience?

In my opinion, this is still the BEST recreation of the original game. The only thing I really feel like I’m missing is those sliding tombs with that specific sound effect as they open.

The AWESOME thing about a well designed subwoofer is I can literally feel each hit, kind of adds a dimension to the gameplay I never previously considered. I always had good sound, but my previous system had a subwoofer that was lacking. :slight_smile: It’s more visceral and feels more real, I feel more connected to the environments! It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve experienced anything noteworthy with sound. Maul is cool, LOL. :laughing:

EDIT 1: The biggest improvement that could POSSIBLY occur to make both D1 and D2 feel more complete in it’s recreation, is to somehow make those goblins look more like the imps of the original two games!

I think Act 6 is still in the development, because 1-4 levels uses ambient sounds from act 1 fields and 4-8 levels has no ambient at all :thinking:. We just have to wait updates of that awesome mod :heart_eyes_cat:

Bug report:
When talking to Atma again in the Lut Gholein, the conversation ends without going into Introduction.

The Rainbow File for the RoT

I borrowed Alex_256z’s method to create a rainbow file. To use it, simply copy all the files in the zip to the “Grim Dawn\settings\text_en” folder. If you don’t have these folders, you will have to create them. And it only works if you play in English. (Rainbow File is a text color coding system originated by WareBare)

RoT_rainbow_texts_0731.zip (255.7 KB)

• Thanks to Alex_256z for graciously allowing me to use the rainbow ‘tags_rot_ui’ text.

Explanation of color coding for the RoT

• Users of the file should use this as a reference to change the colors to their own liking.

Unique in the RoT includes Epic and Legendary in the GD. And in the GD, Magic, Epic and Legendary each have their own MI. Based on these considerations, I have made the following color coding.

Normal: White (^W) #1
Magic: Blue (^B) #2
Rare: Yellow (^Y) #3

[Set] #4
GD Epic Set: Teal (^T)
RoT Set & GD Legendary Set: Green (^G)

[Unique] #5
GD Epic: Light Gold (^H)
RoT Set & GD Legendary: Brown (^E)

[MI] #6
RoT & Rare MI: yellow-green (^L) < same as GD
GD Epic MI: Orange (^O) < changed from cobalt (^Z)
GD Legendary MI: Fuchsia (^F) < same as GD

[Empowered, Mythical] #7

[Trial of the Ancients] #8

#1 Some items are a mixture of gray and white. This is to distinguish them from the original name (white) and to show at a glance the quality and style of the item.
RoT_normal_01

#2 Mastery prefixes derived from the RoT, such as “Amazonian’s,” “Barbarian’s,” etc., are especially dark blue (magic) and dark yellow (rare).
RoT_normal_08RoT_normal_09

#3 Rare items are either normal (white) with a rare (yellow) suffix or rare MI (yellow-green). However, the RoT-specific head armor, such as the circlet, coronet, diadem, and tiara, which are themselves rare items, are originally yellow, but their color has been changed to khaki (^K) to distinguish them from the affixes. Items with blue and yellow affixes are rare (yellow).
RoT_normal_03RoT_normal_05

#4 Of the set items, those with (S) at the beginning are the GD items, and those without are RoT-specific items.
RoT_normal_07

#5 Uniques in the RoT are high quality items, equivalent to the GD’s Legendary. However, since the GD epics are also treated as unique, I have distinguished them by making them light gold.
RoT_normal_06

#6 MI is a prominent color in the GD’s rainbow file because many people are aware of it and target it, and I have followed suit in RoT, but I changed the cobalt in Epic MI to orange because it is confusing with Magic’s blue. Note that all MI in RoT are yellowish green because their rarity is unknown.
RoT_normal_10RoT_normal_14

This is a MI double-rare, or so-called triple-rare. However, it is hard to distinguish because it is all yellow by default. Therefore, the MI of the rare was made yellow-green to make it easier to distinguish it from the affix.
RoT_normal_17
RoT_normal_18

#7 These GD items have special colors > Empowered (^A: aqua), Mythical (^P: pink); RoT does not color them.
RoT_normal_11RoT_normal_15

#8 “Trial of the Ancients” items were changed from their original colors to distinguish them from the affixes.
00 ancient axe
00 ogre gauntlet

8 Likes

Hi! Addressing the awesome RoT team :slight_smile:
I’m wondering how close-ish we are from the next release? I’m finishing a vanilla GD run and I’m starting to itch playing this amazing mod again.
Also, will next release be the “final” one? Or do you intend to continue working on this?

1 Like

Hello, is it possible for me to play the endgame using D2 items only? or are devotions and Grim Dawn item sets still part of the core experience?

Fairly close.

With that being said, upcoming 0.7.3.0 standalone release has been delayed multiple times already for various reasons and that is why there won’t be any more ETA announcements until everything is ready for public release. Final release will be version 1.0 so there’s still a lot to do.

GD features are and will be a part of the mod. Not using them to your advantage is completely up to you. There are builds which should be able to complete endgame content even with such restrictions due to not being properly balanced, however this will most likely change with future updates.

8 Likes

that’s good news :slight_smile:

Hello, is there anyone having problem with Guided Arrows? It dosnt happen anythinh when i use it… please help me if you know how to fix it :slight_smile: Mvh

You should use “Guided Arrows” on enemy, not on empty space. Skill looks funny with pistol :laughing:

is it possible to suggest some median xl features for the mod?

Anyone is free to suggest new features to review, however we have limited resources and anything that isn’t in line with our own vision or would require extensive amount of time is unlikely to be implemented.

how about merging both worlds of diablo with hellfire and diablo 2 lod?

RoT already has both campaigns. Just without Hellfire expansion because I haven’t played it and thus there wasn’t any incentive to include it.

if interested in hellfire its on gog

Late reply, but there currently is an issue with Coldworms belt that causes guided arrow to not function. And as Alex mentioned, you need a target. You cannot shoot them into empty space like in D2.

Am I missing something or is this just the mod balance? I cannot for the life of me getting decent AR nor defense. My highest level character currently is necro/necro and I am at a perpetual 60-70% chance to hit at all with no chance to crit and am as high as 25% chance to BE crit with 100% to be hit in the first place. Normal+ felt reasonably good (even if lots of enemies felt spongier than necessary) and now am in Nightmare act IV and it’s kinda ridiculous. I am pet focused hard and using bone spear with poison explosion currently as my attacks with one point each in the Amp Damage line (and a minimum +6 all c.necro skills). I have no where I can get any more reliable AR except lucky gear drops because a single point in dex doesn’t even move the needle. Even getting AR in devotions and I can barely do a thing. I am at a complete loss. About 1800 AR and Defense at level 69 on my way to nightmare Diablo and it just gets worse every region. My currently normal+ frenzy barb by contrast isn’t quite as bad right now (normal+, again, felt ok overall just mostly too much enemy HP) but even there feels like I can see a lot of missing and I am adding points to everything I can that adds AR or reduces enemy defense.

On another topic, are the mod creators aware Battle Orders turns off merc auras?

On another another topic, are they running any balance passes in future updates to buff base game gear/classes? Feels kinda weird thinking “Hey, this could be a good upgrade when I can equip it” and then find something 20 or more levels less in requirement that is twice as strong.

There are many non-skill related AR/Defense sources in the mod such as gems, runes, devotions, enchants, mercenaries and most of those are very easy to obtain. Another source of these and other useful stats are Monster Infrequents (MI). Each super-unique type enemy in the mod has a chance to drop a specific MI.

Normal+ is recommended for experienced RoT players (preferably with pre-stashed gear) who seek extra challenge and that is why enemies have higher HP.

Known issue, fixed in the upcoming 0.7.3.0 release.

Mod balance is continuously being adjusted and buffing the base game content is part of it.