[Mod] Reign of Terror

Is this intended to look like this?
Im playing on 4K with the UI at 1.125 and 1.0 same issue.

Also want to say this is one of the best mods ive seen of any game in a long time. Top 10 best mods of all time.
Having said that, there are some things that confuse me. Like the boss level mobs you see in some areas:

Ive seen a about 4-6 of them so far upto Act 3 now. Its a cool idea. I have had no issue with any of the content so far, and bosses like Andariel/Duriel were a challenge but were doable. However I have not been able to even get past 5% of any of these special class(?) mobs, and its usually only 5% because of my initial burst, then they basically heal to full and out heal my DPS?? Thats ridiculous and unfun. I dont mind slogging through 1 million HP when im level 32, but if youre also going to allow them to self heal for 40K per second, I am just going to skip them and come back later. Problem is they are likely worthless later. Whats the deal with these?

These are World Bosses. Optional bosses aimed to be a farming bit of content for each difficulty, aimed to be roughly as strong as Baal. These actually scale with player level, so they get stronger as you do. But as you usually get stronger faster than monsters, the earliest you can attempt them is usually around lvl35 or higher. I’d recommend not bothering with m till you’re finished act5 and gotten a few good gear pieces.

1 Like

Got it thanks for the reply! :scream:

Hello!

Any chance for a patch coming out this Year? Just curious :wink:

This year? Yes! :slight_smile: upcoming patch is in testphase now, so won’t be terribly long.

5 Likes

I edited the file tags_rot_ui.txt (113.3 KB), to make all affixes colored just like in “Rainbow Filter” mod. If someone interesting, just place it in “~Grim Dawn/settings/text_en” folder. You need to create these folders, if you don’t have them. (English language only, for version 0.7.2)

1 Like

Alex_256z: I assume you mean to place it in the Grim Dawn folder in My Documents?

I took some screenshots but they didn’t work due to my DSR settings.

Double Swing: This activates “of off” default attack.

It should say off of.

I leveled my mastery quickly to try the life leech Hunger. I can’t cast it so am assuming it triggers automatically when I use Werebear/Maul?

It works both ways in documents or “Grim Dawn” setup folder.
I took screenshots in windowed mode, because in full screen mode the screenshot is just full black.

I think Hunger can be used only when Werebear or Werewolf is active. In classic D2 druid can transform into big bear with unique attacks and skills.

I wasn’t expecting you to answer, so thanks. :slight_smile:

There’s no real indication I can see that it’s working short of seeing subtle indications like a slow climb in life and or slight damage over time. But yes, I have werebear active. I saw a post from 2018 by Ram that sounded about like what you are describing from a few builds he suggested.

I’m tested this skills on cheated personage. “Hunger” works fine even without Werebear active, but you need to target enemy, not empty space. It eats HP from enemy to you. And with “Septic Saliva” it seems… wery powerful :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Initially I’m sure it’s QUITE powerful, but keep in mind it needs Intelligence to improve and I’m using a physical damage main attack skill. :smiley: So it may be short lived. We’ll see. I just thought it’d be really cool to try out. :smiley:

Oh I see! Finally figured it out after sleeping. You DO actively cast it! And at any distance. So it’s a regular spell as I FIRST suspected. We’ll see if it’s worth sinking 40 points into to help out a poor melee guy, LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was asking the question of others in general. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit of a sucker for damage over time spells and sitting there watching things burn. I’m kind of sick really. :wink:

EDIT 1: Ultimately I decided after seeing how cool the spell is, that this spell won’t work with my build. But now that I understand it, I’ll try it some other time. :smiley: I’ll instead use all these mastery points to get both vines going, as they both support a melee type build.

1 Like

I replaced my surround system and even got a 192 bitrate soundblaster to plug it into (correct, there is no receiver, they are PC speakers that have above average sound (technically the subwoofer processes the sound)). The first 4 levels of act 6 are still somewhat quiet compared to the music in any other area in the game. Is there a way to boost the volume on these essential levels that start the Diablo 1 experience?

In my opinion, this is still the BEST recreation of the original game. The only thing I really feel like I’m missing is those sliding tombs with that specific sound effect as they open.

The AWESOME thing about a well designed subwoofer is I can literally feel each hit, kind of adds a dimension to the gameplay I never previously considered. I always had good sound, but my previous system had a subwoofer that was lacking. :slight_smile: It’s more visceral and feels more real, I feel more connected to the environments! It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve experienced anything noteworthy with sound. Maul is cool, LOL. :laughing:

EDIT 1: The biggest improvement that could POSSIBLY occur to make both D1 and D2 feel more complete in it’s recreation, is to somehow make those goblins look more like the imps of the original two games!

I think Act 6 is still in the development, because 1-4 levels uses ambient sounds from act 1 fields and 4-8 levels has no ambient at all :thinking:. We just have to wait updates of that awesome mod :heart_eyes_cat:

Bug report:
When talking to Atma again in the Lut Gholein, the conversation ends without going into Introduction.

The Rainbow File for the RoT

I borrowed Alex_256z’s method to create a rainbow file. To use it, simply copy all the files in the zip to the “Grim Dawn\settings\text_en” folder. If you don’t have these folders, you will have to create them. And it only works if you play in English. (Rainbow File is a text color coding system originated by WareBare)

RoT_rainbow_texts_0731.zip (255.7 KB)

• Thanks to Alex_256z for graciously allowing me to use the rainbow ‘tags_rot_ui’ text.

Explanation of color coding for the RoT

• Users of the file should use this as a reference to change the colors to their own liking.

Unique in the RoT includes Epic and Legendary in the GD. And in the GD, Magic, Epic and Legendary each have their own MI. Based on these considerations, I have made the following color coding.

Normal: White (^W) #1
Magic: Blue (^B) #2
Rare: Yellow (^Y) #3

[Set] #4
GD Epic Set: Teal (^T)
RoT Set & GD Legendary Set: Green (^G)

[Unique] #5
GD Epic: Light Gold (^H)
RoT Set & GD Legendary: Brown (^E)

[MI] #6
RoT & Rare MI: yellow-green (^L) < same as GD
GD Epic MI: Orange (^O) < changed from cobalt (^Z)
GD Legendary MI: Fuchsia (^F) < same as GD

[Empowered, Mythical] #7

[Trial of the Ancients] #8

#1 Some items are a mixture of gray and white. This is to distinguish them from the original name (white) and to show at a glance the quality and style of the item.
RoT_normal_01

#2 Mastery prefixes derived from the RoT, such as “Amazonian’s,” “Barbarian’s,” etc., are especially dark blue (magic) and dark yellow (rare).
RoT_normal_08RoT_normal_09

#3 Rare items are either normal (white) with a rare (yellow) suffix or rare MI (yellow-green). However, the RoT-specific head armor, such as the circlet, coronet, diadem, and tiara, which are themselves rare items, are originally yellow, but their color has been changed to khaki (^K) to distinguish them from the affixes. Items with blue and yellow affixes are rare (yellow).
RoT_normal_03RoT_normal_05

#4 Of the set items, those with (S) at the beginning are the GD items, and those without are RoT-specific items.
RoT_normal_07

#5 Uniques in the RoT are high quality items, equivalent to the GD’s Legendary. However, since the GD epics are also treated as unique, I have distinguished them by making them light gold.
RoT_normal_06

#6 MI is a prominent color in the GD’s rainbow file because many people are aware of it and target it, and I have followed suit in RoT, but I changed the cobalt in Epic MI to orange because it is confusing with Magic’s blue. Note that all MI in RoT are yellowish green because their rarity is unknown.
RoT_normal_10RoT_normal_14

This is a MI double-rare, or so-called triple-rare. However, it is hard to distinguish because it is all yellow by default. Therefore, the MI of the rare was made yellow-green to make it easier to distinguish it from the affix.
RoT_normal_17
RoT_normal_18

#7 These GD items have special colors > Empowered (^A: aqua), Mythical (^P: pink); RoT does not color them.
RoT_normal_11RoT_normal_15

#8 “Trial of the Ancients” items were changed from their original colors to distinguish them from the affixes.
00 ancient axe
00 ogre gauntlet

8 Likes

Hi! Addressing the awesome RoT team :slight_smile:
I’m wondering how close-ish we are from the next release? I’m finishing a vanilla GD run and I’m starting to itch playing this amazing mod again.
Also, will next release be the “final” one? Or do you intend to continue working on this?

1 Like

Hello, is it possible for me to play the endgame using D2 items only? or are devotions and Grim Dawn item sets still part of the core experience?

Fairly close.

With that being said, upcoming 0.7.3.0 standalone release has been delayed multiple times already for various reasons and that is why there won’t be any more ETA announcements until everything is ready for public release. Final release will be version 1.0 so there’s still a lot to do.

GD features are and will be a part of the mod. Not using them to your advantage is completely up to you. There are builds which should be able to complete endgame content even with such restrictions due to not being properly balanced, however this will most likely change with future updates.

8 Likes

that’s good news :slight_smile: