[Mod] Reign of Terror

I had a similar problem. I killed Izual and continued exploring a little bit. When I went back to talk to his spirit, it was gone. I didn’t go back to Town or use any portal… it just vanished and now I can’t find it anywhere. Already went back and forth through Plains of Dispair but he’s nowhere to be found. I don’t really want to start another game as I’m really advanced with this one. Playing on Ultimate difficulty at level 95.

Make a new game session with the same character, teleport to Plains of Despair WP, defeat Izual and his spirit will spawn again.

Will try that… thanks for the sugestion.

So the quest/conversation files worked for that first problem at the end of act 1 but I got stuck again at the end of act 3 on “enter Mephisto’s portal.” Entering the portal took me to act 4 but did not advance the quest. I tried using the quest/conversation files for act 4 start but when I log in the “enter mephisto’s portal” quest is gone and I have no new quests or options to speak with npcs. I then tried resetting the kill mephisto quest and doing that again, but the same issue happened again. I then tried skipping ahead to reporting back after Izual and that worked but I unfortunately missed that quest. Just wanted to let you know about that issue in case it is happening for other people as well.

Is this mod not possible for melee builds? I am on normal difficulty at level 42 with maxed resists, 1200 armor rating, 400 health regen, 5k hp, and maxed out maven’s and I get 1 shot by random heroic enemies sometimes. Managed to make it to diablo but he just 1 hits me every time I try to attack him. According to grim internals he’s doing 120k physical dps on normal difficulty at level 42 xD. Should I just roll a ranged character?

Got a melee barbarian to the point where I can kill cows, have some decent weapons, and can consider fighting hidden ubers. They are hard (which is good) but I’m having some frustrations (I’ve tried two).

1. I’m being hit with 200+% reduced attack and movement speed debufs which unsurprisingly shuts me down hard. Afaik there are no resists to this kind of thing. As a melee character what am I supposed to do about this?
  2. When I manage to fight through the speed debufs I can get the uber to about 50% health, then something changes (2nd stage?) and I suddenly can’t do more than tickle him anymore. Seems like a huge step up in his resists or regen or something. Intended?

Melee can be difficult if you don’t build right. One of the keys is getting gear/runes/devotions that give % Life on Hit. In addition, it is a good idea to go beyond max resists (focus on elemental+poison resists unless fighting secret ubers in Ultimate difficulty) as some of the boss mobs can debuff your resists, plus don’t stand in the middle of some AOE like poison. Also, some of the bosses have telegraphed attacks that can be very lethal if hit, so you just have to run away for a little bit. Another key aspect is you need a skill/devotion proc that lowers the resists/defense of mobs so that your attack does actual damage (and lets you life leech). Hopefully, either your primary or 2ndary class has such a skill as any devotion proc that lowers resist/defense tends to require some investment in points.

Also, don’t pass up on Runewords. Can make some nice chest armor, shields, and weapons that give + to all skills.

I have all that stuff, it’s a vengeance build, I have 3 runeword pieces, elemental storm debuff, decent amount of lifesteal, and lots of skill bonuses. I do plenty of damage, but the problem is that no matter how tanky I am, 120k dps is not something I can take. I tried the fight multiple times but I did not see any telegraphed move, any time Diablo hit me it was an ohko.

Hmm, that’s odd as I assume you have put some points into Conviction and running that Aura? I did Smite/Holy shield instead of vengeance along with some Hydra and didn’t have any issue in normal difficulty as Diablo died very quick to me. Maybe I would have had issues if the fight was more prolonged as I didn’t stand in melee range for too long before he died.

If he hits me literally 1 time I die so I don’t get a chance to dps him, I was building around regen as my main healing so I maxed out Prayer with Lizard devotion and %regen gear but maybe I’ll just switch to conviction and try to cheese with the mercenary tanking and kill things before they can hit me. Regen is pretty pointless if I’m just getting ohko’d.

Edit: Lmao that worked. Just beat him by charging around til he hit the merc and then just hitting his back with conviction. Feels pretty lame to win that way but w/e I’ll take it at this point.

I had the problem with Diablo on my Frenzy barb; I just learned to keep running in circles until he shoots out the cone that drains all your mana, then get behind him and get some hits in until he finishes up. You gotta move after that or the next hit can kill you. I will say my retaliation paladin/soldier had a much easier time with him, as well as my various pet builds.

1 Like

Ok, I’m going to try him again with that strategy and no merc cheese. Thanks.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Hi guys, I was able to get the Key of Terror, Key of Destruction and the Key of Hate by defeating all the uber monsters droping them. How do I use them though? I though I had to put them all in the horadric cube but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks.

Got it… No need to reply.

Thanks.

Hi!

I have to say I’m really enjoying the Reign of Terror mod for some Diablo II nostalgia. The only thing that’s bothering me is the enemy knockback - when the moster is hit and killed it flies very far away.
Is there a way to change/shorten that trajectory? I’ve looked through game options as well as console commands listed here:

and didn’t find anything. Is updating the code myself the only way?

This is my first post in this forum - if I’ve put it in the wrong place please let me know.

Thanks!

The only way is to extract database files, modify skills / items with knockback and then recompile. However, you would have to do this every time when a new RoT update is released.

Hmm after having killed Baal once in hell, I am now getting stuck at the loading screen when I try to enter Throne of Destruction. Is there any fix for this? Loving the mod btw!

1 Like

I am going to PM you.

why pm? I have the same issue but on normal and haven’t killed him yet.