Next Thing Discussion

It is a matter of convenience. For all other damage types there are items enabling DW ranged. And vitality with bleed don’t have that luxury. I feel it as a discrepancy.

Using plunderer’s talisman on a vitality DW ranged build is mandatory and you said it " … that modifier would be placed on an item that wouldn’t even be useful to your builds …"

Having an item with vitality damage / vitality decay damage and enabling DW ranged would be enough reason for me to wear it.

I am asking for only one blue or purple item, it won’t hurt anyone, it won’t lower the quality of the items or the game itself, or will it?

I don’t know, but I feel like you find my woes for item of any kind with vitality / bleeding damage and enabling DW ranged at the same time like I am asking for singing winged donkey. Like nobody would use it, with the only one exception - me… :smiley:

is it tho?
or is it being nitpicky? - since the options already exists

but melee doesn’t, so i ask again, why should ranged?

it is not, it’s one of the existing options

my meaning with that is “be careful what you wish for”; because it might not actually help you/but block you/force you into still using plunder relic or korvaak/pyro medal, depending where that modifier would be

it’s not about hurting anyone, the thread is about reducing bloat, in essence your suggestion would increase it (even tho rather innocuously), since it’s essentially redundant with the existing options

no, i’m suggesting maybe you didn’t really put much consideration into your suggestion and just requested it for suggestions sake/“100% item completion rate”
bleed is a special mechanic, it’s not something that you just do/so having an item with +bleed dmg and enabling dual wield would not actually “help” you make a ranged bleed dual wield build because that’s not enough to make a bleed build; plunder relic is a good example since it has %all dmg which is like +bleed - “if you can’t make a ranged bleed build with that currently another specific bleed+dw item would not change that/not make it any different”
because of how bleed mechanics specifically functions just having bleed+dw enabler would not make a bleed build happen. Sure it would be a dw build “with some bleed bonus”, but it would not be a dw ranged bleed, because bleed don’t work that way/a single item with +bleed does not create a bleed build nor make it viable or even “usable” as bleed
hence why i’m suggestion you didn’t actually consider it/the requirements, and just saw no bleed + dw and thus felt it should exist, even tho it wouldn’t be that useful to bleed and thus not that meaningful to exist, and was just suggested for suggestions sake.
if that makes sense?

Is there an item with vitality (+decay) damage and enabling DW ranged missing among the huge number of items in the game? It is.
Is it necessary to make such an item? I say YES. You say NO.

I completely agree that creating bleeding build is difficult per se.

When I create a (DW guns) build, one of the crucial condition for me is: Every item I am going to wear and declare as an endgame gear, it must inflict the corresponding type of damage. And with vitality build, I am forced to use Plunderer’s Talisman. It has “all damage”, which is nice, but my aforementioned rule now seems to be broken a bit.

I do want to avoid conversions, because it makes things much more difficult for me.
My builds are “the same” at lvl 30 and lvl 100 in the terms of gameplay. There is no moment, like among other builds, when the level 94 approaches and “ugly duckling becomes a beautiful swan”. In other words - the char changes the gear and the gameplay changes…

“Dual wielding melee weapons” - I don’t play those builds, so another voice / suggestion must be raised in that regard.

I am a librarian, I prefer METHOD over anything else.

technically not, because you have %all dmg, which is the same

it is not, %all dmg = +vit and +decay “since it is literally all” it’s literally the same

conversion items are available during levelling too

it does not, more so the fact you don’t even see it as relevant yourself, should indicate that your own ranged suggestion then lacks relevance too; since it’s not relevant for all dmg types to exist for you in all forms, “only the one you feel in the mood for at the moment” ie ranged but not melee, means clearly it’s not actually necessary for you/for the game to have it

Do you think every particular item in the game is the result of deep logic, when the item was planned and created?

I have a wish. And you are telling me my wish needs to be deeply deliberated. Why? Not everything in the life is determined or done by pure logic.

The only thing I really want implemented in Grim Dawn is an official mode with reduced exp gain and less shrines, like the mod I made for 1.1.9.7. It could be a toggle for all difficulties, similar to Veteran. The idea is to revive the spirit of the good old days, when you had to properly play through all three difficulties to max out your build. I slapped it together in a day or so and it actually works just like I wanted it to.

I haven’t yet updated it for 1.1.9.8, but I plan to keep it updated.

2 Likes

Yes please buff vitality oppressor gunner by adding in dedicated VIT dual wield support, it definitely needs it! :smoking:

1 Like

No offense but:

I find it hypocritical that anyone should question someone’s suggestions when, in fact, a vast majority of the forum goers are trying to make everything viable when it just shouldn’t be, at least not in the way they are intending.

You know who you are.

Are any of the suggestions wrong per say? Nah.

The clamoring for changes, to me, just shows that Crate should have softly or moderately pulled back content creation as opposed to full stop…dead horse though but I find it to be the biggest deterrent to playing (for me).

I dunno, I think the place most pieces of gear find themselves are in a good place outside of those people trying to push boundaries.

What’s next (As mentioned in another thread):

I would appreciate crafting being made better. It would expand the gear selection if we started seeing crafted stuff with a degree of determinism start to appear in builds.

Although appreciated, the buffs that most legendaries and epics have seen have really foreshadowed this fact and the culling of poor affixes will inadvertently push crafted items further out of the scene.

Although I understand the conversation around it, the leech discord conversation showcased a shield breaker tanking Rav. I found it refreshing to see a crafted pair of boots even if it was for a specific situation.

GI: I don’t mind running to bosses if there is interesting content along the way. The problem is one shrine is typically not enough though they never get tiring. They are always fun. I think I would rather see more events on the way and higher drop rates on the items these mobs drop as opposed to speed running over and over.

I don’t know almost anything about this mod but the thing I would request the most is a color differential on double rare affix items. Yes filter I get it and knowing ever affix…fine but even some single rare affix items are really good and it is just better QoL to have that.

Storm Totems feel very unfun (to me at least) to SR. Crucible seems fine, you’re trapped in arena of doom and everything rushes you so your totems are having the time of their lives. SR, for a totem focused build, you’re trying to ramp up damage again every single pack. Any chance an item/set could get a +summon burst mod to storm totems? Looking at the above maligned Light’s Defender, it could give it a more unique totem niche compared to Ludrigan’s, if there is concern about tossing in on an item that any totem setup has access to.

7 Likes

Recently tried cooldown CT with wrath of agrivix and the skill-mut. sadly feels very underwhelming.
Dmg. just isn’t there & the flavour text does’t make it justice, not at all.
I’d like to suggest giving it’s TDM a push from the current 170% to 200%, maybe also lower the cooldown a tiny bit & adding a 4,2m radius to it. Why exactly 4,2m? Cuz that let’s us sit at a nice but fair 10m radius if CT is at 26/16. :slight_smile:

Another thing I’d like to speak about is augments.
While recently doodling some more builds in GT I noticed that a lot of cold based builds very often end up with very little DA & the 2% from Ateph’s Glare aren’t a big help when ur base DA isn’t all that good to begin with. Therefore my suggestion would be to swap the % DA with a flat DA bonus of 70 like alot of other augments offer.
I would also like to ask if it would be possible to add an augment similar to Dreeg’s Omen that instead offers OA for characters struggeling with it.

I would also like to 2nd that.
Tried totems + box light’s defender fairly recently and faced the very same issues.
A +1 to summon for the totems would indeed be a very welcome change here imo & the granted skill “storm shard” could use a lowered cooldown as well since it faces the very same problem as the totems.

Cheers, Mergo.

1 Like

May it be connected to Spirit dump? :neutral_face:

Do you mean the same spirit dump that is the integral part of 95% correctly min-maxed specs? Or are you still physique dumping on Arcanists in 2023?

Not even close.

Sometimes, but still not entirely true.

Maybe those builds mentioned by Mergo went too greedy on damage (by Spirit dump), abandoned DA and became glass-cannons? That is what I meant.

According to my Cold builds, however, they have shenanigans for workable DA (Nightblade or Occultist mastery, specific items like new Ravager’s Dreadgaze (Minds version) etc), even with Spirit dump they retain acceptable DA numbers. Not all can have that, so Physique dump can be the way. Or DA buff on augment, but that is up to devs to happen.

Inventor for the black legion perhaps :thinking:

Nah, I didn’t go super greedy mode here and sadly not all builds have access the the big :deer: da % helm unless the goal is to shot urself in the knee and break sets apart.

This, reason why I’m asking.
Imo the 2% DA dont make much sense (as said) when ur base DA is low to begin with.
Rather have a decent amount of flat to work with here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes it’s good to step out of the echo chamber of your own builds and see what other top and proven builders doing and why. Maybe even try their stuff and see how it compares against your own. Instead of making comments about Spirit dump that could go on a r/confidentlyincorrect subreddit if it was about Grim dawn.

May be so. Hard to judge without seeing the examples of such builds.

Too much elitism and insinuation, chill out, man :cold_face:. I wrote what I meant, and it does not criticize Spirit dump at all.

I wanna mention the Shattered Realm set. In early stages of FG it was one of the more universal sets in the game, used by many builds without appropriate gear. But with many buffs and new mods and monster infrequent items, set fall out of grace. I don’t even remember last time, I have seen it being used in end game build. Granted, it’s not that hard to unlock it, but maybe it could repeat the Cataclysm treatment? +3 skills on complete set bonus sounds reasonable suggestion. After all, it blocks helmet and amulet, usual sources of mastery bonuses.

6 Likes

?

Fairly sure he meant +3 here? :eyes: @Nery

Either way, I’d like to see the SR-set get some love as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes