Next Thing Discussion

1 more thing it’s for the pre 90 level, could the crafted green faction item (faction belts, and vanilla faction weapon) to no longer limited to either a prefix or suffix.

Usable for Vit/Bleed Wildblood Conjurer as it hits RR for both damage types on a single item like Abyssal Mask, but you get to customise your resists on it. Not sure how useful the Feral Hunger mod has been, ever, though. Btw you’re linking Packa’s Visage, not Garg.

Fixed thanks

I tested, Packla’s Skin and Savagery medal are better and you don’t have enough skill points for Bloody Pox either. Best other alternative for focusing 2H Bleeding Pox is this setup Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator which I tested a few patches ago and it wasn’t good, I also find really annoying to play with 3 no cd skill. It should be better now after the buffs and resistances but still with low AS and no AoE except Pox and Decapitate, trusting %30 chance WPS to carry a build is a bit optimism.

On a non-prefix/item note, can we have a target dummy somewhere that attacks for you for like 1 damage every 0.5 seconds? It could be somewhere slightly out of the way, like the dummies in the Malmouth streets. It’d make it more convenient for builds that rely on effects that proc when you get hit, like RR from spectral binding or energy drain procs from devos.

2 Likes

Thanks for your still enthusiastic updates!
I, too, have a few requests, although I’m not talking about prefixes or items, but rather QOL elements.

[Elements to be implemented as vanilla features]

• Major expansion of the shared storage: doubled the number of pages with scrolling pages and a large number of additional pages that can be purchased.
  • Function to fine-tune vertical axis (not height) camera position

[Features to be added as paid DLC (Of course, free vanilla is acceptable.)]

• NPC selling or exchanging aether crystals and ugden flowers
  • Optional lift installation items sold at merchant NPC on SR 80 (I already suggested this in the GI thread.)
  • An item that will not allow you to attack until it is turned off, but will allow you to move at explosive speeds (CD 1 min. Mounting item?)

I hope you will consider it.

Right now I remember only things I’d wrote previous time:

1 Like

Or give target dummy basic attack like seals and thermite mines

a bit more ‘bout affixes.
Draining - 3-6% energy burn. I don’t know if this drops at all or is just a relic but it is ABSOLUTELY useless.
Nullifying - another nigh useless one, as disrupt res can be fixed by other means and trading a whole prefix only for it is moo much of a luxury.
Sapping - 2-5% reduction to enemies’ health in a game where most enemies are nigh immune to it? Sure, gimme two.
Resolute - same as nyllifying, stun res can be acquired thru multiple ways.
Imprevious and Resistant - mostly the same affixes, unnecessarily bloating the affix pool.

All magic and rare class affixes - they’re REALLY annoying, at least for me. Magic provide very miniscule bonuses and rares - there’s a huge amount of them, all being ± equal as they provide very minor damage boost.
maybe remove the magic ones altogether and turn rare into, like, 1 affix?

2 Likes

My off the top of my head suggestion for these far-too-common-but-useless affixes would be to reduce their roll rate, but add an endgame vendor who can reroll an item without changing its name.

For example, “Warrior’s Milton’s Casque of Ruin” won’t change its affixes name-wise, but the “Warrior’s” prefix will reroll to possibly buff another skill, and the stat ranges on the item and its affixes will reroll. This would alleviate a lot of frustration with trying to find specific MI combinations, especially on rarer items, and can be used to add another resource sink into the game by jacking up the price of rerolls to something you should only do if it’s a key part of your build.

In terms of redundant affixes or items, it’s been a little while since I played so nothing springs to mind unfortunately. But this particular point about a lack of options to actually reroll gear has been a thorn for me for a long time and it felt like a good time to bring it up.

1 Like

Please don’t do this to non-weapon items. imo it is already hard enough to get affix that doesn’t match base item’s dmg type. Often times I just want general stats like OA/DA/health/res etc from non-weapon slot MIs and don’t care about dmg type.

Maybe you can just increase the drop rate of MIs and it will be just fine, idk.

3 Likes

Not a huge fan of those +skills prefixes as well, and I don’t use them personally, but in my opinion outright removing them would be a bit radical. Instead my suggestion is to reduce their number in two by… giving +2 to two skills instead of one. As for rare versions like “Sentinel’s”, “Warder’s”, etc., make them provide +2 to four skills. That might sound a bit crazy, I know, but first of all, you won’t necessarely benefit from all four; and secondly, they may become more sought after. And less randomness, of course.

For example, let’s say I’m playing a physical Blade Arc Warder. I would enjoy the bonus +2 to BA and Mog’s Pact, but won’t care for +2 to Blitz and Wind Devil.

Now, I suspect skill bonuses would have to be meticulously picked to ensure they’re balanced, but this will cut the prefix bloat by a great deal.

1 Like

I’m using this, works more than well enough.

But like I said, I’m only taking advantage of the Swarm mod, involving the AA aspect requires a whole different build, given the skill point requirements and non-existent attack speed. So, some changes can be made for sure but I wouldn’t go scrapping the item just cause it kinda overlaps with Abyssal Mask.

literally awesome for 0cd stormbox build :joy:

1 Like

Would it be possible to change the way the Illusionist options are sorted? Preferably Normal->Magical->Rare->Epic->Legendary as it is now, but inside each of those categories only alphabetical only using the base name without “mythical” or “elite”?

There’s also the issue that some objects can’t be damaged/targeted by certain skills. My aetherstorm druid had to use basic attacks to destroy the the vats in the Crown District since Aether Lightning, Wind Devils and Devastation didn’t work.
On that note, some way to convert Devastation’s fire damage to lightning would be nice, preferably on a medal. It would also be nice not having to recast Wind Devil all the time, but I guess that’s not going to change, even though it’s not difficult to keep max WDs up, just annoying.

Prevent Manticor Eyes from Treasure Troves. They were a scarce ressource years ago but now I have more eyes than Aether Crystals or Ugdenblooms, considering they are only needed in a few items.

Does anyone use the Elite and Ultimate rare quest rewards? Before Forgotten Gods, I used Sliths Primal Rings on most new characters but the higher difficulty versions seem useless. Either give them affixes (similar to Isaac’s Spaulders) or replace them with normal rares (or maybe epics/legendaries).

Some Legendaries like the Eye of Dominion don’t have a mythical version. On the other hand, there’s no low level set for Inquisitors, Necromancers and Oathkeepers.

yea no, this would be way out of line
manticore eyes have the least farm source, you can’t trade them/transmute them, and i repeatedly see beginners complaint about needing them/farming Mogara for ages to get them

that would just make it be Savagery then? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it could’ve been a thing if one had some ADctH mod to Box, either on helm, or on Allagast (or, you know, any other means of sustain on an almost spammable skill with 0 wd and ll)
for now it’s just super-clucky and, I believe, not very safe gameplay.

this item tbh seems long lost and forgotten indeed.

1 Like

That changes Aether to Lightning, not Fire to Lightning. It’s also on the same slot as the Scion of Celestial Portents.

check the global conversion, it does 40-60% global conversion
and it’s the “intended” way of doing lightning devas i reckon
wanting to still get it while using portents is then a player choice/greedy?, making you require other items - which seems kinda strange if you wanna do lightning devas in the first place? *since XY devas type is generally a focused/“dedicated” itemization path

It would become a pure lightning build instead of an aether/lightning build. Which would probably be quite strong and make the Scion rather pointless (since there’s you no longer deal Aether damage if you use Chain Lightning instead of Aether Lightning).

ye like, i don’t know what your goals are for your build
but when it comes to devas, most items allude to “if you want to use devas or convert it you need this or that item or no dice”, or for Aetherstorm jewellery/Arcane Tempest :unamused:, devs firmly rejected our past feedback to make it more easily incorporated into builds by offering better global conversion slots, since you’d need like 3-4 very specific items to convert either aether to lightning or lightning to aether, being all the more bothersome if you then had an actual centre for your build, like Celestial portents, or Lightning devas offhand trying to get full global fire lightning conversion on top
basically celestial portents blocks “lots” of non wind devil oriented stuff :sweat_smile:
*looks like that post has been archived/i’m guessing it was in XY patch playtest section and not regular feedback section :thinking:

edit. looks like i mixed up portents offhand with codex of eternal storms i was tihnking, that’s the wind devil lives forever offhand :flushed: