Next Thing Discussion

yea no, this would be way out of line
manticore eyes have the least farm source, you can’t trade them/transmute them, and i repeatedly see beginners complaint about needing them/farming Mogara for ages to get them

that would just make it be Savagery then? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it could’ve been a thing if one had some ADctH mod to Box, either on helm, or on Allagast (or, you know, any other means of sustain on an almost spammable skill with 0 wd and ll)
for now it’s just super-clucky and, I believe, not very safe gameplay.

this item tbh seems long lost and forgotten indeed.

1 Like

That changes Aether to Lightning, not Fire to Lightning. It’s also on the same slot as the Scion of Celestial Portents.

check the global conversion, it does 40-60% global conversion
and it’s the “intended” way of doing lightning devas i reckon
wanting to still get it while using portents is then a player choice/greedy?, making you require other items - which seems kinda strange if you wanna do lightning devas in the first place? *since XY devas type is generally a focused/“dedicated” itemization path

It would become a pure lightning build instead of an aether/lightning build. Which would probably be quite strong and make the Scion rather pointless (since there’s you no longer deal Aether damage if you use Chain Lightning instead of Aether Lightning).

ye like, i don’t know what your goals are for your build
but when it comes to devas, most items allude to “if you want to use devas or convert it you need this or that item or no dice”, or for Aetherstorm jewellery/Arcane Tempest :unamused:, devs firmly rejected our past feedback to make it more easily incorporated into builds by offering better global conversion slots, since you’d need like 3-4 very specific items to convert either aether to lightning or lightning to aether, being all the more bothersome if you then had an actual centre for your build, like Celestial portents, or Lightning devas offhand trying to get full global fire lightning conversion on top
basically celestial portents blocks “lots” of non wind devil oriented stuff :sweat_smile:
*looks like that post has been archived/i’m guessing it was in XY patch playtest section and not regular feedback section :thinking:

edit. looks like i mixed up portents offhand with codex of eternal storms i was tihnking, that’s the wind devil lives forever offhand :flushed:

A post was split to a new topic: Possible thing for GD2

All right all right all right, no more general complaints, let’s stick to the script.

Pierce AAR feels extremely underwhelming

<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>

I tried to squeeze out every bit of damage out of it and it’s still super sloggish, around 5 minutes in Crucible. I realize that it’s not supposed to be on par with Aether or Fire AAR, but I think it could be just a little bit better. The tooltip by the way is 31-33k Pierce, which is pretty high compared to for example Fire AAR build that I made recently (that has 29-30k Fire but around 6-7k burn). Of course Fire AAR got higher QoL (less buttons to press) and a lot of procs, but in the end difference in Crucible performance is almost a staggering 1 minute.

What are the Pierce AAR main problems?

• Zero support outside of Conduit. Pierce has no scepters/daggers, all its weapons have low damage % and no casting speed. Of course no casting speed or AAR/Disintegration points anywhere.
  • No dots
  • Forced to use items with no %damage when Pierce damage values are already lower than other damage types.

Possible solutions?

• Give most common pierce caster weapons some casting speed. I am talking about Oathbearer/Bloodborer pistols. There is nothing else pierce casters can really use.
  • Increase damage on Pierce AAR Conduit. Right now it’s not cutting it.
  • Add adtch to the conduit so we can use Pierce off-hand

Are you guys scouring GrimTools for old relics that don’t exist anymore to delete? :laughing:

4 Likes

JwnZIAofwb5-Ba-36kok2A

7 Likes

What? It’s the next thing, that we’re working on.

Those prefixes are already pooled together in one rare bucket. Even though there’s dozens of them, they have very little impact on the drop rate of other affixes.

4 Likes

i’m assuming that’s class prefix “bucket” for jewellery? - because my experience with caster weaps/daggers/sceptres it’s “bucket”/frequency is what lead to the “frustration” (massive) bloat sense, atleast imo

Sure, next time when i want play warlord, i’ll invest in savagery.

The problem is that you have a lightning set that supports the fire skill and if I’m not against bi-damage skills, then for most it’s far from meta.

Of venom doesn’t exist anymore

1 Like

good for it, I guess

A post was split to a new topic: New Conduit Ideas

I like the one with pierce + poison res but yeah the other ones generally disappoint me.

Can you nerf Sapros the Corrupter alrrady? -60% resists is gamebreaking, no idea how you missed that for so long

3 Likes

who Grim Dawn Monster Database? :thinking:

https://tq-db.net/en/equipment/sapros-the-corrupter

Completely busted mace from Titan Quest because you can reduce the resistance to life reduction in that game. Meaning you can use that mace to reduce that resistance and then use skills with life reduction to basically delete bosses in like two seconds.

2 Likes