Preview generated map

No, if there’s no stone then you’ll need to trade for it.

App 3.2.0 changes:
Fix typo in Fodder
Add save options to change name and pacifist mode
Change Battering Ram icon

Note: Enabling pacifist mode on save game with any aggressive mobs spawner will disable all spawners (deer and boars too)

@MeowBeep Added option to change name

2 Likes

Thought of another way to make at least parts of the map visible within the game. Was watching a Trader wagon magically appear just outside of my town, and then magically disappear when he left, and it occurred to me that the little capitalists could simply stay on the map right out to the edge and tell the townsfolk about it, so you would get a (limited) view of a few areas right out to the edge as the game progressed. It seems to take Forever (as in, I’m on 3rd Tier and still haven’t finished scouting) to make all of a Large Map visible, and I’m dotting the edges with Exploration Flags constantly.

1 Like

will try add grayscale view for Height Map

1 Like

Hi Mitr,

I hope you will succeed. Whatsoever, thanks for the nice work.

1 Like

Works well, thank you for that addition I appreciate it!

1 Like

i don’t think for me, i need to see the entire map, exploration is kinda fun. but what i WOULD like alot, is a total of resources listed, as part of the preview. that way, i know if a map has no sand, or no gold, etc…or a crazy ton of iron, but very little coal.

by knowing that resources exist, and to what degree, i could make a decision if the map was playable or not, even if i have to go find the resources.

1 Like

Thing is, all maps are playable. The real question is are you up to the challenge of making them work or not.

1 Like

all maps may be playable, but i’d still like to know that certain quantiles of items exist in the world. to me, that is more meaningful than needing to see the entire map all at once, as was the original topic.

in the game i’m playing now, i had to search forever, and have only located 2 small sand pits. they are recently discovered, far from my settlement, and have yet to be mined. i’ve only had traders offer sand twice, in the 40 years that i’ve been playing. and that was really important since my farms badly needed sand (-13%). glass making and thus preservation is simply out of the question for this game.

And this is just an example of why it would be nice to know, for instance, “there are 5 sandpits in game, or 1 sandpit, etc”

Just my opinion and a option that i think would be nice to have on the preview screen.

3 Likes

Is like saying ‘Everyone has the same SAT score, right?’.

Nope, because if SAT scores were all the same there’d be no variables. FF map seeds on the other hand … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You think a person’s SAT score is their only variable? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Tbh I don’t even know what a SAT score is supposed to be. :crazy_face:

It’s the Scholastic Aptitude Test.

When I went to school we just had grades and tests.

2 Likes

Primary Schools and Colleges in the US use them to better advise students on their goals and filter applicants for better results.

Didn’t work at Wharton though.

But no, it’s more akin to saying all (US) children (can) have a SAT score… saying that all maps are playable that is. With which statement I am in agreement BTW, no iron? Yep, had that… sand with no clay, no coal… lots of trading and stockpiling.

App 3.2.1 8.1 changes

1 Like

Can you zoom in ??

no such option, will add to to-do list

1 Like