[REL] Grimarillion v90d

It’s there, just not under the name you think

Oh sweet, sweet inventory space! Nice update!

I took a peek at the new GQ sets using GDStash. Sadly, the Nature set is the only GQ armor that has pet bonuses, so with the loss of all the easy sources of +1 to all skills, I wonder what the source of the constant removal of skill bonuses when many skills don’t have nearly the amount of support necessary to take the skill to appropriate hardcaps.

Speaking of Nature, it’s odd that it’s the premier pet class, and yet the only thing that allows it to heal pets is the wimpy Sanctuary that doesn’t even heal instantly. It takes about a second for it to register and even then it only heals for a small amount. In fact, the only GQ classes that can actually heal pets and keep them alive are Hunting and Defense. Considering that Nature, Earth, Storm, Spirit, Rogue and Dream are all capable pet classes as long as you have the right skill points allotted, I hope that this gets fixed and at least one of those 6 classes can receive a good healing ability like Hunting’s.

Hey mamba, how easy would it be for someone who has never modded grim dawn before, but is reasonably ok with simple mods, to make their own class mod?

Are you talking about creating your own mastery, or combining existing masteries of your choice into a new mod ?

If the former, that depends on how ambitious you are. Do you want to create new gear and visual effects, etc or are you ok with using existing effects ?

How good are you with PCs in general ? Have you modded another game, just not GD ? If all you ever did was start games, this is more of an uphill climb than if you have used some tools, maybe wrote a small script, modded another game, etc.

Ultimately it is mostly a matter of perseverence. As long as all you want to do is change dbr files, it is relatively easy (and by that I mean it is conceptually easy, as all you ultimately do is edit text files, but analyzing what changes you need to make will take time and you might find out that what you want to do cannot actually be done as you intend it within the GD ‘framework’ and find an alternative). Look at how things are done in GD / some mods and do the same.
If you want to also change meshes, effects, animations and so forth this is still about perseverence, but there is a lot more to get familiar with. So at that point it is not easy at all.

1 Like

ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLE

2 Likes

lol, well then. Lets see what happens next.

Well ive modded some basic stuff and used some mod tools, but from your post, it sounds like i should definitely start easy/small. Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Yes, starting small is good advice here

Man imagine 80 Masteries and the new weapon category.At last we can get weapons to said category.This hotfix is a modders dream.

There are no new weapon categories, but more animations for each category.

oh sorry i miss read.I am not native English sorry lol either way it’s a good update all and all.Just may run out of masteries space if you add li8ke 80 masteries.

If that day ever comes then the solution is simply to ask Crate to add more “room”. I suspect, tho, that by the time we get to 80 masteries most people’s creations will be fairly redundant and pointless by that point. How many Necromancers do we need, really?

We do not even have 80 masteries across all the different mods I believe - and we certainly won’t have 80 masteries that are totally unique instead of slight variations of each other, as powbam said

My mod now has 40 and if I want to add another 20 I get close to having different iterations of the same mastery (Cataclysm, Cataclysm Redone, Apocalypse) just to fill the available slots :wink:

I know i was more joking around :grin: personally i think 40’s enough.Maybe if someone added more mastery classes with item support etc then it can be considered but for now DoM and Grimmilion are both good with 40 classes each.

Scratch necros, we need pure passives mastery, like Training from TQ’s Destinies mod.

Only classes i really want to see get added to DoM/Grimmilion are D@ classes if they can get source/permission.Imagine building a D2 Barb and a Crusader or a D2 Barb and D3 Barb.Would be hectic :D.

I will agree there’s a lot of summoning classes we need more damage classes like astlym/masteries etc in TQ.

What mod is DoM? It’s name? If it has 40 masteries I assume they are what Grimarillion has.

So apparently sometimes people do get what they want, LOL (masteries). Does this mean I’m off the hook from my difficult idea? :wink:

DoM is Dawn of Masteries

I think you can put the infinite mastery merger to rest for a while :wink:

Wow Mamba. Resurrecting old class mods long since abandoned! SWEET! And it was put out just a few months ago. :slight_smile: Yes, I’d consider this noteworthy and would play it if I continue playing GD in general. Nice work. :slight_smile: The token system looks like a good compromise too, considering the complexity of all those new classes.

Well I am happy overall since I’m not a modder. I was thinking of becoming one over the years, mostly I just do graphics by tweaking original assets with filters (Will soon release Wolf 3D HD on the GzDoom forums once I get time to finish it based on a Wolf 3D TC for Doom 2).