Shattered Realm Boss Spawning Discussion

Well you surely gonna do that after the update aswell. But as far as I remember, you guys wanted the aggro fix for CR to solve monster wait problem, but I guess wasn’t expected to be a global fix so it represented itself in SR aswell. But your CR runs got faster after that you know. And yes, after that, SR also got harder w/o camera abuse but some players still managed their way out and they will do that again if they still have the motivation to do so. You just fear of the change, let it change then you can complain, feedback if things are messy. We don’t even know what it is gonna be like, just some numbers and positions of 1-2-1. There will be new rooms aswell. Whether it become more challenging or more easy doesn’t affect players except to adapt and play the whole runs again to see what your builds up againts. There will be new metas and I promise you can do the best runs with new conditions aswell :rofl: It’s just a change.

Edit: Wasn’t sarcastic btw, I don’t have to like anyone or no one have to like me but I say what I see, good builder is good builder, good build is good build, good pilot is good pilot. Do your best, people will appreciate under the new circumstances.

We are not afraid, but it will so tasty to see how noobs will burn at sr75

New spokesman? Good. No worries, I also want to see how SR 100+ builds do without camera abuse. It’s exciting times and let noobs do noobs you do the ‘‘Elite’’, sympathy doesn’t suit you well, try XS version.

I would like for camera abuse to stay but I am not worried about it because I don’t care if my builds do SR 80, SR 65 or SR 50. But I am not sure if it will be fun, because agroing the room is not fun.

Even tastier to see how Vets burn at SR75!

Personally I expect the change will take most builds/players down a peg. 75/76 likely won’t be the overall standard anymore and “the community” will bitch about it for a couple weeks while they settle on a new norm.

This is just speculation, of course, as no one has tried the new SR yet.

But everybody know how 1vs2 looks, how 1vs3 and vs4 too.

This is the key word. Some say it’ll be easier, I think same as you, it’ll be more challenging and most of mid-tiers can’t do 75-76 no more, we won’t see memes like fire reaper in 65-66 no more. But what’s bad about it? Just the norm change, standart will be drop by numbers but the value will be higher. There will be less 75-76 builds. Even less 90+ builds. So good builds, builders and good pilots will flourish.

Every patch people moan something that changed or unchanged. It’s our nature. As you said 2-3 weeks and we all gonna adopt whatever the update brings.

I bitch when wheather forceast says it’s gonna rain but didn’t, atleast here someone listens and replies;
ssulj-crop
(Sorry my shop talents doesn’t include copying the eyes of Z from here, so you just imagine it’s his eyes :rofl:)

You guys are arguing about this still.

Meanwhile, I am still lamenting the fallen :frowning:

(Can we get more Shattered Realm Waystones?)

5 Likes

Well, I wasn’t here back then but it seems this suggestion of yours didn’t go well with your pets’ immortality :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t argue that, I even proposed loot till 85 or so and for that we need one more waystone. Just one, they can swap with death’s waystone to not change it’s rewardlessness(is it a word?). Name it celestial waystone 2.0 I don’t know, opens 80-85-90. Then death’s waystone will be there to open 95, no loot ofc. I always side with free will, if people want monsters to beat themselves then you gotta let it, and make the fight easier to join :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, Birbs were bonkers then since it was right after they got their own set supporting them and they had all the benefits carrying over from AoM era. I was doing things with Single Mastery Occultist Pet builds when people were struggling with proper ones :sweat_smile:

They could even cleanly pick Callagadra to the bone without dying.

Imagine this, but with Ravens instead:

But I was still kind of sad (and still am in a way) that the Birbs lost their 100% everything resistance + being able to summon 2 at once with the Set :woman_shrugging: (instead of only having max limit be 2, you used to spawn 2 Birbs with 1 click)

1 Like

Well I understand theoretical physics more than pets so I wouldn’t know but since we’re gonna have a major change here, and Z is not someone who easily win over; I suggest you make this suggestion after the new changes settled. Maybe even a poll. This new update is the proof that now devs has some care about end-game and they want to balance it before they done with the GD. First start is fixing camera/aggro abuse; boss positioning and their vision range etc plus rooms. So in close-future, if more players will be interested in SR(because we know no one will play CR except a handful usual suspects, you maybe gain 1-2 people every year :smiley:), more changes and adjustments probably follow because they’re kinda perfectionist in their own way. The problem though some people can’t get along about what’s perfect :rofl:

1 Like

Ah, no, no. I wasn’t exactly asking for buffing Familiars and even if I were, I doubt it will happen since there have been plenty of changes since then and the Birbs are doing fine atm, atleast in my opinion.

I just remembered that particular thread and post because I didn’t know about Camera thingy back then and only realized it actually was there when @sir_spanksalot told me.

And for a while I used to ask that the Camera thingy be fixed (I had also protested against fixing it oddly enough :woman_shrugging:) so that builds could then be buffed accordingly later.

I was never a fan of buffing/nerfing builds as a whole just because of their performance in a particular game mode or aspect.

Like, we have SR 110+ being considered the top level (if that spreadsheet by @Stupid_Dragon is anything to go by). But I would hate to see the builds nerfed solely because they could achieve such numbers by using an exploit.

So, once it is normalized, people could perhaps ask for buffs to weaker builds and Z might be more willing. (even though 60 seems to be his preferred level for balancing around)

Worst case scenario, the change ends up being extremely oppressive and most builds that struggle in SR struggle even more and even then, Z can always simply change it back to being 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 if most of the builds and players struggle more than intended while fighting 1v2.

This might however, cause grief for those who enjoyed the 1v1 aspect of fighting certain bosses who were actually challenging in SR due to scaling in higher shards. Like I barely notice Iron Maiden’s presence in Crucible or Campaign. However, in deeper SR, she is a legit threat. But fighting her at the same level after the change could mean having to take on another boss at the same time which understandably not many would consider fun.

Still, imo Camera thingy makes SR’s already volatile nature, even worse and harder to balance. That most people don’t even know about the Camera Trick and that there is no way of finding out without someone telling them or they finding it by accident, makes it even worse.

3 Likes

I think it makes it very consistent, that is why people like to use it.

1 Like

You will find no disagreements from me there.

What I am saying is that if they wish to let SR have the option to pull 1 by 1 or reset aggro, it is better to implement it directly into the mode itself rather than requiring you to actually turn the camera around or zoom in. Since not many know about it and there is no indicator within the game itself to tell them, it currently creates 2 different Benchmarks for builds and if the devs want to include SR as a viable Criteria to balance around, it would be easier for them (and us) if the results with and without Camera thing is more similar or as would be in this case, the same.

1 Like

The thing is new norm will not be actually the same for different types of builds. There are videos of builds aggroing all bosses in 75/76 shards and still succeeding, they’ll not be affected by the change even if you nerf them.

But for build like melee and spamming skills casters going against 2x tough bosses might put the new norm way lower than other play styles, despite not having differences in their defensive skills.

Also some classes will have (even) harder times producing viable farming guys. Even if 75/76 isn’t the balancing focus, it’s the cornerstone of SR for quite some time.

Now we speak theoretically but it’s better to discuss these things in advance and take the necessary precautions before we see creation of something, which it’s… well not very pleasant. It’s aliveee.

1 Like

Ehm… No?

The discussion as I got it was about gap between casters/retal and pure melees in terms of endgame

So thats the reason or what? Someone can’t stand 3-4 people abusing camera at SR100?

Its hard to talk about sympathy, while you just tryhard high end and argue with devs and praets in feedback, but the community demonizes you, talks shit day by day in the OFFICIAL discord and than on the forum on a serious note calls us elitists, toxics and tells us about shitposting.
In the end you can compare:

• mad_lee was banned for two weeks for some salty drama w/o perconal insults
  • duchi was banned for 3 (or so) weeks for nationalist statements

Actually, 75 isn’t that scary even with full aggro these days. I should say that I like the early FG SR much more, when 75 was soulslike achievement

1 Like

Let’s not go into discussing moderation matters, shall we? I’m not gonna go into why’s of specific bans, but it’s stupid to compare them based on the durations of the bans alone.

It is not Official Discord actually. Not sure why Max calls it that, but it is not affiliated or run by Crate.
It is fan made discord server run by Max.

1 Like

Ehm… But…

1 Like

I know. But it is just a false statement and misleading.

I did bring it to Max’s attention ages ago, but he still calls it that for some reason.

Even though this is off-topic, perhaps @Zantai could shed some light on it.

1 Like