Single target prefix for AAR with added damage

Ah, thank you very much for a statement, Zantai! <3

Although for the rest here: It seems it WAS NOT CONFIRMED that a mod was not possible technically, as Zantai explicitely motivated us to go for it in a selfmade one! So despite the over-confidence, it seems you were wrong? Lol! Subjective “truths” be gone.

Also, have fun watching the GRAND MASTER HC builder RektbyProtoss die with his Spellbinder:

Rip AAR. :wink:

Not what Zantai said.

Added tech is beyond the scope of the modder’s toolkit.

As Stupid Dragon and I originally alleged, a skill modifier like those found on items cannot adjust AAR’s range, nor can the piercing capabilities be altered by a skillmod.

You can, of course, edit the range of the base skill intrinsically in a mod if you desire, which is what Zantai suggested.

4 Likes

Over-confidence indeed. It seems your “over-whelming” urge to be right at all costs is clouding your judgement.

5 Likes

Hmmm yummy, tasty tears! Nomnomnom <3

You know that annoying kid that runs around yammering around the adults knees constantly and always thinks they’re right? That’s basically how we look at you - no tears lost here.

4 Likes

This one was funnier.

3 Likes

You’re being needlessly antagonistic. Either way, you got your answer. The skill was changed because it was tough to balance and felt unsatisfying to most players, but you can mod the base skill to be single-target if you wish. You also have access to the modding tools, so you have the solution at your fingertips.

If you have enough time and energy to pick fights, you have the time and energy to learn a new skill, so I advise diving into the modding tools sooner rather than later

4 Likes

I modded the game in several ways already, but for this topic, I would have preferred official support <3

Yeah if AAR had better single target damage @RektbyProtoss would have played better and not died to those trash mobs in SR :smiley:

2 Likes

All offense intended, but if you’ve really modded the game that much you would’ve understood what Ceno and Dragon said the first time they did. Case would’ve been closed earlier smh.

1 Like

I’m flattered :rofl:

#deadbuild #deadleague #deadgame

On a more serious note, I would not use a vid of me missplaying the Spellbinder rotation and saving cluster & nullification for next char (that’s how bad I played there) as an argument that Spellbinder or AAR is bad. Also the build was using full clairvoyant set, which I wouldn’t say is a properly min/maxed version of aether AAR, there are certainly better ways to build this, which weren’t possible for me due to having limited access to gear in the community league.

Indeed :rofl:

Ofc, there is a very obvious correlation here /s

3 Likes

Set that supports Aether AAR… is not good for Aether AAR? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I am surprised, really. I thought the “Aether Clusters are useless in softcore” statement is epic :laughing:.

Converts some damage to vitality, and is glassy.

@Nery made a video with two Ravager kills using Clairvoyant set (posted in this topic too). Does not look glassy, in my opinion. But the concept of Aether/Vitality AAR hybrid is weird, I agree :slightly_smiling_face:.

I watched his videos, too and imo it looks rather glassy (for HC).

I mean it’s aether/vit hybrid or you try to ignore the vit part I like I did (with mixed results). In the end for pure aether you’re better off using other gear than full clairvoyant imo.

What about this setup (uses Aether %WD Conduit, by the way)?

The build is outdated for a bit (1.1.6.2), but still looks good and can be adjusted for current patch.

Imo Lukas is probably a better HC player and builder than me and yea that build seems definitely safer for HC than Nery’s. The build will have a little less dmg in 1.1.9 and might need some adjustments, but that’s probably one of if not the best full clairvoyant build to use for HC… at least against Ravager (kinda hard to tell vs other content).

1 Like

And also a GD stasher :slight_smile:
(that video was softcore btw :face_vomiting: )

I’m blind, but that’s no news.

1 Like

Um…and? HC celestials have more damage/hp/hidden abilities? The point was to show that Clairvoyant set is not as glassy as it seems (to be honest, it is an OK set). And, as I said previously, the build can be adjusted.