The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

With 2x Briarthorns?

If so, I can make a GT link specifically for that and link it here :3

Sure! That would be really helpful, would I be able to start working towards it now or do I need to wait to level 94/100 and have specific gear?

Unfortunately, you will need to get to 94 to fully make the build. But the level up process is the same as any general pet conjurer.

Defensive Faceroll on keyboard Version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26gpkOV
Mogdrogen Devo based offensive version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1rpanZ

I could make one with Dying God too, but looking at the stats and what you have to sacrifice for a little gain, not worth it in this setup.

Also do note that the greens included can be used without those specific affixes, but I just went with the best ones given the latest updates making MIā€™s easier to get.

Note II: You can also include Primal Spirit in the setup by taking points from Hellhound.

Thank you! This is again really helpful, Iā€™ll start collecting pieces and slowly building towards this and yes I think Iā€™ll go with Primal Spirit it looks like a lot of fun!

1 Like

I like Skeletal Servant pet, itā€™s cool. I tried it both with OgNapesh and can keep them alive in Crucible but in SR they really die.

Primal Instinct is the opposite, swarms are slow in Crucible but in small SR arena can be helpful.

But I too canā€™t go pass Ardor, Bysmiel proc is nice but lack of any skill points is major problem.

1 Like

@Maya

Quick 2 part question please:

Your experience with Gate of Many Worlds

Can the pets that proc from that off hand taunt via Ishtak T3 constellation proc?

Thanks a whole bunch for all your guides!!

1 Like

Gate of Many Worlds was something I under-estimated when it was first revealed and then turned out to be amazing upon actually trying it out at release. So definitely recommended if your build can make use of it.

I am not sure how it is coded ingame, but I donā€™t think it can taunt. Atleast have never seen enemies try to go for the Gates.

Thanks so much Maya!! Really curious about the taunt. If I have time, I want to try and test it.

1 Like

Love the guides, they are what keep me coming back to this game. Havent played since some time in 2019 but from what I can tell it was an older version of the Sanguine Lupus build.

I pretty much have every item for all of these builds except for 3/4 of the Bysmiels Trinkets. Is the Sanguine build still probably the best one to be playing until I get my hands on the rest of that set?

1 Like

Glad to hear it :yum:

And for conjurer I would still recommend Lupus until you have full trinkets set, yes.

But in general, Ishtar is currently my second strongest build atm. So if you donā€™t mind playing Ritualist, I would wholeheartedly recommend it :blush:

I wanted to provide an update on my lightning based pet build Grimtools itā€™s still a work in progress but itā€™s definitely doing more damage than my leveling build just need to refine everything now and once Iā€™ve played around with it Iā€™ll probably redo the devotions depending if I need more or less defensive devotions. Going to take another look at the suggestions you made Maya, but do let me know how you think Iā€™m going with my current setup. Thanks!

1 Like

It is definitely looking good :+1:
Personally however, I would prefer getting Tree over the points in Obelisk.

1 Like

I want to make a chaos pet build but i got some problems and need some suggestions or idear.
Here is my incomplete build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JklEjV
First i choose shaman mastery because i want my char tanky also my pet. So shaman mastery is obviously and beastcaller set is a good overall set for pet build. As you see we can converted all cold dmg and physical dmg to chaos dmg so i get Yeti pet because it fast, not so thin and full dmg converted. But iā€™m stuged here. I do not known between conjurer and ritualist which one is better. Ocultist give me hellhound (i do not like it much because it thin as page but chaos aura is good for this build) and some valueable support spells and aura. Necromancer give me some suport spells which important too and reap spirit which full dmg converted and hit hard. Devotion option give me a headache too. Between dying god, tree, guardian and modgrogen which one should i choose?
There are many unsolved problems so i can not choose the other items left yet.
So you guy someone anyone that experienced with pet build please give me suggestion and show me strong and weak point of each case. Iā€™m very grateful. Thank you for your reading and sorry for my English.

2 Likes

If you just want a chaos pet build and donā€™t mind which one, I would recommend just copying this: [1.1.7.0] KaosKats (Updated 6.17 Cruci) - Taking pets to the Darkside

If you have a particular idea in mind regarding your build, give me details on what you want and I will make one for you :3

2 Likes

I just remember i got a conjurer in the past so maybe i want to try a ritualist this time.
Do you think full converted dmg reap spirit is better than hellhound with this chaos build?
And should i keep yeti pet or change to MI neckle which modifier 30% total dmg to briarthorn?

1 Like

I would not recommend a non conjurer for a Chaos Pet build. Sorry :sweat_smile:

But if you must, try a Cabalist atleast. Ritualists offer nothing for Chaos.

1 Like

Maybe iā€™ll try ghol set because it total new to me and
i realized that almost pet build lack of aoe dmg except ghol pet build.
For you which class is the best user for this set? And which t3 devotion shoul i choose?

2 Likes

From pure roleplaying pov I find GD summoners not living up to the stereotype of ā€œSkinny guy in robesā€, but more like roid filled bodybuilders. :smile:
Must be my playstyle or possibly pet aggro settings, but I do end up dying a lot when, even after letting my pretties engage first landing something to proc Shepards proc after results in paintrain heading my way.
So high Physique is kinda must along with priority in defence which sorta feels so very wrong, again in pure rp perspective.
Following the budget guide w/ bird & big stinky.

2 Likes

Bpth Cabalists and Conjurers are good for Ghol.

You can check my versions here:

1. The Rawr God - Pet Cabalist
  2. The Witch Doctor - Pet Ritualist

But Ghol is a set you canā€™t really go wrong with. So feel free to experiment :blush:

Think of Summoners in GD like Beastmasters :stuck_out_tongue:

Like this guy: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Garruk_Wildspeaker

crow_PNG3114

4 Likes

Hey Maya, I was having a good deal of trouble finding a Cabalist build with just some basic endgame starter gear, and your budget pet one seems to fit the bill. Went and grabbed the gear for it, but Im a little stuck on devotions as I need another green to spec Rhohanā€™s Crown (and 3 red + that one green to spec into Murmur). Also looks like Im 3 points short of it as I have 5 points remaining at this point (of 55).

Also, I guess I could use a little pilot advice. Tried the first shrine (right next to the starter town) on my geared 94 in Ultimate and had a real tough time (died once, ran away like a chicken for most of the fight after that attempting to just live). Hope Im just doing something wrong or there is something I dont understand, since I should be pretty over levelled at least at this point, but there also wasnt a game version on that build, so not sure if it is still up to date.

Help?

1 Like