[Tool] Grim Internals

Hmm it’s originally a video so a .mp4 file, but I converted it to a .wav sound file assuming it’d work.
I’ll try with a default .wav file and see if that is indeed the problem, maybe a conversion read error.
Edit: ok so inherant .wav files do not work either

Also we should probably split this into a topic away from the main convo, but I’m not sure how to do that myself

Try mine…

LegendaryDrop.zip (2.1 MB)

No need. It’s for Grim Internals related help so we are in the right place. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Be sure that you don’t use the old SFX method.
Open the GrimInternals.ini file and search for
UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx=False
If this is set to true then you’ve found the issue.

1 Like

Good to know. Double-checked mine, and it is indeed at false…

Seems to be set up correctly already image

Hello. I am trying to use GrimCam to remove fog effect and make picture clearer and much more pleasant as is shown here Is there a mod to remove fog in zones?
However it does not work. I copied the INI configuration exactly as it is in that thread and it didn’t help.
Other functionality of the mod works fine, controlling the camera, increasing draw distance and so on.
But the fog removal part does not work, and I desperately need that because game looks SO MUCH BETTER without it.

Dont know if its oustide the scope of GI but as Feature Request:

could you add a feature that makes the Mousepointer more visible in combat?
currently it happens often (to me at least) that i just lose the tracking in messy scenarios and the build in mousecursor, esp when it changes into the combat one, is very hard to spot.
there are solutions like yolo mouse, but id prefer it if it was in an addon id use anyway

I am also seeing a crash shortly after startup. Trying to run GI under wine-staging 6.1.

Here is the crash report, maybe it will be useful.

You can disable the fog within the Configurator (CTRL+F5)

I’m sorry, but the next GI patch is ready and is waiting for the GD hotfix v1.1.9.1 to be released.
I have no plans to develop the tool any further besides bug fixes and to keep the tool updated.

I don’t use any other OS than windows and therefore I can’t help you.
Perhaps @powbam is able to give some tips how to prevent the crash you’ve experienced.

Perhaps I might be able to have a look if you were to post the source code.

Alternatively, could someone please post a GrimInternals.ini with all features disabled? If that doesn’t crash for me, I could try re-enabling features one-by-one to find the one causing the problem.

Glocken has already said several times she’s not making the source code available.

I think I got it to work - no more crashes after installing Microsoft’s implementation of the VC++ runtime. Thanks!

Ah, that’s too bad. If the crash was due to relying on the heap layout of MS’s allocator, there might be a memory bug somewhere.

Yo this still never got fixed lol
Everyone just also stumped?

What’s to be fixed? It’s clear that the issue is likely something on your end. You also never mentioned if you tried my wav file I provided.

Ok well I’ve now fixed it lmao and it was indeed “something simple” and dumb.
The FAQ and everywhere else says you need to name it LegendaryDrop.wav

However literally removing the end and renaming it to LegendaryDrop made it work. I believe I’d tried this change before but you have to close and relaunch the game for anything to take effect.
I guess the sound file not originally existing was a red herring as to why it wasn’t working but yeah that small change fixed it.

And now I know what your exact issue was…

…because of this Grim Dawn was interpreting the file as being named LegendaryDrop.wav.wav

4 Likes

Thanks bud that seems to be exactly it, I’ll change this for anything that may pop up in the future too :smiley:
Thanks for the help x

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the great mod. I’m really spoiled on it and cant imagine GD without it :slight_smile: I do have an issue though that I’m hoping you can help me with. This is my first time trying SR and Mazaan doesnt give me the option to continue the shard, only the option to get rewards. I ran the game without GI, and i get the option to continue. Have you seen this before?

grim internals doesn’t affect dialogue options afaik. Try verifying your game files and try again

I just ran a quick test and it worked for me; means, Mazaan gave me the option to delve deeper.

Anyone else have troubles with SR and GI?