[Tool] Grim Internals

Really, thanks a lot for your kind words! :smiley:
I’m glad it is working now for you, at least you can play without the AoM main menu background, but it will come back soon…

Have fun with the Crucible mode!

No, thank you. However, I bring bad errrr… tidings, or whatever you lot probably say around here. :laughing:

Seriously though, the original bug that sent me on a crucade with @JMD and @powbam persists. I don’t think it’s your mod GI, maybe, I think it’s GrimUI.

Basically, it seems that items can not be placed outside of the default stash area in your inventory. They get bugged and move around and you can’t place them or drop them unless theres a free slot in the default area (I think anyway).

JMD did fix this for me at one point, hence the custom file, but that no longer works. It’s okay if you just ignore the bug, don’t touch items, and replace any files in the actual GD game, I think.

1 Like

Any custom file you put in the settings folder is not recognized by the game anymore
when playing the Crucible Mode with a custom mod enabled, because of the above
mentioned GI bug.

Please wait 'till I uploaded the hotfix. :wink:

1 Like

At the risk of arousing the ire of the thread, I think it’s time to maybe chip in a few dollars/lire/euros to Glocken for all her continued work on GI and making the game so much more fun for us.

I’ve donated before and would be happy to do so again. Glocken I know you’ll say no, but I just think your mod is the best and the fact that you still support GI through all of Crate’s updates, even though you’re not playing the game, speaks to your character and smarts.
/end of craven sucking up.

1 Like

No, I do not accept donations anymore; many thanks for the offering though!

The development of GI is finished; I’ll add only small changes and bug fixes!
But as I mentioned it before, maybe next year my desire to play Grim Dawn will return. Who knows?!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Again, thank you so much for preparing a hotfix. It’s a shame you don’ play, I’d love you to populate the game with wildlife and just stick it all over. But the hotfix will certainly do. :smiley:

I was quite stuck here, I couldn’t move those items stuck over my armour and weapons. If anyone is ever in the same position, autosort is the key! Click that and it’s fixed, they pop back in the boxes.

1 Like

No, it never happens. Thank you all for trying to help. I really want to solve this.

Grim Internals (x64) v1.101 for GD Patch v1.1.9.3
Download-Link (MEGA)
Download-Link (Google Drive)

v1.101

• fixed a bug that crashed GI when using a custom main menu in conjunction with the “Crucible Mode for custom mods”.
  • replaced the Nullification sfx (“Glas breaking sfx”) with a Zonk sfx.
    The glas breaking sfx was barely to hear in the heat of a fight; I think this one fits better:

Zonk

v1.100a (small hotfix)

• Fixed an issue where the health/energy potions cooldown timers were visible in the Devotion window.

Known issue:

4 Likes

Can you play the Grim UI X-Mod normal? I mean, is the mod correct installed?
I’m out of ideas now.

Thanks for the fix Glocken!! :+1:

1 Like

There are issues when playing the “Grim UI X-Mod” in Crucible!
See here:

This means you have to rearrange the items in the inventory when picking up the loot; nothing I can fix atm.
Actually it doesn’t make sense to use this mod in Crucible. :frowning:

1 Like

Btw, I just noticed that the source code is now over 37k lines long (with a lot of commented lines, of course, but excluding the data structures, which are also several thousand lines long).

No wonder that I no longer understand my own code. :exploding_head: :grimacing:

6 Likes

Which version of Grim UI are you using? And X-Mod? Use a new one like X-mod Hoarder, that’s the one that worked for me.

I’ve just fixed it after weeks of messsing on during updates, this worked for me. The first part might be uncessary, the second could be crucial - that your shortcut is wrong!

1. Don’t have custom UI in settings override folder
    Use search to check for previous installations of the UI mod in strange locations, I had one in some random folders
    Update if necessary
    Verify files on gog/steam
    Repair files in GD main folder (change cloud settings back to false in options.txt if necessary, it will change it! You are usinga custom char, I assume)
    Enable both the shortcut and GI as admin.
    Enable admin on the game .exe’s
    Uninstall crucible - Grim Dawn\unins002.exe for me on GOG
    Download Crucible GOG DLC on GOG (or Steam if you can), install.
    Delete all traces of Grim UI and Grim Internals (I’d accidently placed Grim UI databases in some odd placess!)
    Reinstall Grim Internals
    Play a game on Grim Internals
    Maybe make one with the main exe or gog/steam
    Download Grim UI X-Mod Strategist or Grim UI X-Mod Hoarder as they work. Hoarder definitely does. Place them in Grim Dawn/mods
    Admin the shortcut!
    Load up the shortcut. For GOG. Here is mine, it differs from yours:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe” “/Mod:Grim UI X-Mod”
“C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Grim Dawn”
FTR yours is a different target to mine, if it matters. I have the quotes before the word mod because I figure that’s the start of the command that’s being executed in. “/Mod:Grim UI X-Mod”

That said I think there may be a few different ways it works?

Anyway, I think I had a slightly messy installation from messing about too much between updates. But that fixed it. I’m sure most of it was unecessary. But something worked. Good luck. Try your shortcut first!

• @GlockenGerda There are issues when playing the “Grim UI X-Mod” in Crucible!
    See here:
    This means you have to rearrange the items in the inventory when picking up the loot; nothing I can fix atm.

Yes, I posted the fix here, yesterday I think! [Tool] Grim Internals - #6306 by candiety

My method is to try and have a small amount of/no items in bags, as items will glitch when out of the default bag space. Then simply autofix if you do encounter problems, like I did in the link. You can also wait until back in the main game which might help due to the amount allocated.

Actually it doesn’t make sense to use this mod in Crucible.

The reason I use it is simply for cross compatability. If I use X-mod in my main game (custom char), which I do, then crucible simply will not work without your fix.

Btw, I just noticed that the source code is now over 37k lines long (with a lot of commented lines, of course, but excluding the data structures, which are also several thousand lines long).

No wonder that I no longer understand my own code.

What you on about @GlockenGerda? It’s just a .zip with a few files in. :smirk:

Random, but I just want to say thank you again for this amazing mod, Gerda - and for diligently maintaining it even though you aren’t even playing the game yourself right now! There is so much added quality of life in here, it’s just crazy.

Also the instructions were right. The game without fog DOES look amazing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (Just ticked the option for the first time recently.)

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s the main reason I use GI. The fog removal was originally just in GrimCam (which these days needs GI’s assistance to be usable) but I wasn’t a fan of Grim Cam’s twitchy, jerky camera movement - it simply doesn’t have GD’s innate “smoothness” of motion when rotating the camera.

Fortunately I was able to persuade Glocken to stick the fog removal into GI itself. Thanks again Glocky :tada:

3 Likes

My source code is a .zip? What you on about? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s the kind of unthinkable problem. But I solved it. I don’t know why I didn’t try before. I was copying the code I wrote in the shortcut target line from here. I don’t know why, but the characters I copied from here and the characters I entered from the keyboard were different.

Here is code I got;

“/Mod:Grim UI X-Mod”

Code I wrote;

"/Mod:Grim UI X-Mod"

Finally happened. Sorry for making you tired. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Here is a GI version that should work with Crucible and the ‘Grim UI X-Mod’.
Would be nice if someone could do a few test runs (Don’t forget to backup your Save files!)

So far, I haven’t found any noteworthy issues.

Download link [MEGA]

I won’t be back until Sunday or Monday … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and where are the logs saved from the console?