[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Wouldn’t say it was rebuffed as such.

Just not sure when Allminoxy will be up to making more items for one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I mean they have a reason now with this request. Why not be positive about it instead?

again, not my point :smile:
i’m saying/“confirming” the demand is definitely there for another support pack
but Crate has so far not deemed it “necessary” if you will
i’ve no idea what/how much the other packs sold for/if there hasn’t been a good enough return on investment, but either way, as you can clearly see, you’re not the only one that had that idea/the requests have been plenty, but that hasn’t made it happen still (yet anyways)
so it’s not about being positive or negative, i’m just showing you “the past”, take from that reality/hope as you will

Sure but I think it helps if crate sees more people saying they are willing to pay to support the team. Would you consider yourself one of those people by chance out of curiosity? I’ve put 700 hours into the game so far and can say without a doubt I would.

yes, which is why you will find comments of mine in some of those posts cheering on the suggestion for loyalist 3
i’ve run out of ways to throw money at Crate :sweat_smile:, i own the game on both steam and gog, cosmetic packs included, bought both plushies, the soundtrack, - i’m a proper “take my money” fanboi at this point i think :blush:

Making something official means we believe it is appropriate for the game, that anyone using it is doing so knowing it is part of the game’s intended design.

Things like teleports and game speed do not fit that criteria. One is a cheat and the other fundamentally goes against the pacing we painstakingly created. I understand TQ ended up having a setting for it but baseline TQ is, for lack of better words, slow as fuck.

I’m sure some people will feel let down by what we do not include, but it’s not like a feature existing as a mod/utility is some law that it must also become official. Mods/utilities are, by their nature, modifications of the base experience.

I think charging for what we do borrow from GI would be pretty gross. It was available for free for years.

Hmmm…

1 Like

Time of day control. Early morning and late night are the best visually.

Nemesis notification, with the massive radius kept as default. This one is huge for players who like me don’t run SR and rather hunt Nemesis bosses in campaign.

Much wider area of auto pickup, and much longer list of items to be picked up automatically. Lore notes, potions, any and all craft mats, all purple quest items, and if possible a short list quite similar to the loot filter where we can toggle greens, MIs with a green affix, etc to be auto picked up. Ah, speaking of, the pillar of light which signals a purple and a double rare, that is a true delight.

Permanent teleport locations would be nice, very nice in fact i’m skeptical that you’d be willing to let us keep this overpowered feature. When leveling a new toon, i use it quite thoroughly to collect lore notes and to skip some of the walking needed to traverse campaign.

Thanks for considering those of us who use gi <3

Yeah I agree which is why I eventually said make another cosmetics pack instead and release the parts of GI that crate deems acceptable (if anything at all) as a free update. I personally only use this tool for the informational aspects and notifications of a drop since in game vanilla does a poor job with actual DPS and other info that only GI seemed to tell etc (emphasis on the knowing what gear you should actually check out that drops because of that nice light pillar notification GI adds for M+ etc). Idk was just trying to brainstorm ideas to support the devs while attempting to get the most popular tool of grim dawn to be part of the game. :person_shrugging:

side note i want you crate devs to know i love you guys this game means alot to me its a really great place to just decompress from the day to day

Please take into consideration the population of 3x speed enjoyers (me) and bake it in to the next update.

I don’t post on the forum much, but I was wondering if anyone knows a current way to get a dps check working in the game like this tool had? After not using GI, it’s the only thing I’m wishing the game had, just for the occasional check on where exactly my DPS is going.

Workaround to get GI to work with 1.1.9.8

Hi guys, can someone share the file “Grim Dawn.exe” from version 1.1.9.7 to solve the incompatibility of Grim Internals with the new version 1.1.9.8?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t need a share, this is how you do it.

One question, if I apply this variant the only change that the game will have is that it will allow me to use the grim internals, will the updates that came with the new version 1.1.9.8 remain at 100%?

At least item/devotion/class changes should apply.
Some gameplay changes maybe not.
But no one reported things like that so far.

I think Grim Internals is the only way to use Grim Cam (fully adjustible camera) now which is another outdated mod. I know the game was not made with this in mind but I hope it will be considered as an option as it helped me make some amazing screenshots.

4 Likes

True. Optically, you miss out on a big part of GD without Grimcam. Those tiny ornaments alone, covering so many armor pieces - invisible in vanilla zoom. All that artwork would go to waste without Grimcam and it would be a shame.
Dear Crate, please implement Grimcam!

1 Like

Ah - has this been requested, yet?
Displaying downtimes of skills in the field of view would be great.
Permanently squinting to the corner of the display while trying to hit somethin in the middle just doesn’ do it for me.

Hey, I just recently reinstalled Grim Dawn and have been unable to install the mod, after reading a bit it seems there is a workaround with the steam version, but we are GOG folks out of luck or is there a way to access the beta from the GOG launcher?

gog lets you download older installers doesn’t it?