[Tool] Grim Internals

She didnā€™t really disappear suddenly. A couple of years ago she said she doesnā€™t even play the game anymore so she has no interest in working on GI apart from some small fixes here and there. So her departure from the forums didnā€™t really come as a surprise.

She always said there will never be an open source release because that could potentially enable GI to run on pirated game versions.

Iā€™m aware that she said she wasnā€™t playing the game much anymore. However, given her commitment to continue to update the tool even when she wasnā€™t I just canā€™t believe she would just drop it without telling everyone that ??? would be the last update (something she did do a few years ago when she planned to stop supporting it) or making some sort of arrangement to pass it on to either someone else or to Crate.

This was too sudden to me. She literally updated the tool to v1.1.9.7 for playtesting purposes and that was it. No other communication whatsoever which to me is very unlike her.

it does this since forever.

Perhaps thatā€™s why she stopped updating it and not release the source code and didnā€™t announce it.

It shouldnā€™t since she had a check of some kind that prevented it from working with illegal copies. Many who had those came here asking for help to get it to run on their copies. They were ā€œencouragedā€ to leave.

1 Like

maybe, all we can do is speculate. i mean it was a noble goal, but at some point after the game is released it would also be ok to stop caring.
but anyone programming tools or modding games doesnā€™t owe anything to anybody, even to the devs. so itā€™s also fair to do whatever you wantā€¦

if i had to pick a number i would guess 99.9% of mods are playable with non legit games across all of gaming.

1 Like

not really, judging by the countless attempts of pirates seeking help in this very thread. But Iā€™m not a pirate so I wouldnā€™t really know what countermeasures Gerda actually implemented. Maybe you know more than I do :wink:

Exactly, thatā€™s why I donā€™t understand everyone making such a fuss about Gerdaā€™s absence. For over a year she updated GI as a courtesy even though she had no personal interest in doing so. Then at some point she drew the line and left, simple as that. Iā€™m repeating myself here but itā€™s time for people to get over it. New tools by very active devs have emerged, imo itā€™s better support those instead of being nostalgic about a dead project.

Still not a reason to support piracy.

1 Like

has nothing to do with that, itā€™s about being realisticā€¦

1 Like

Thank you so much for all you work.

Will we be able to use such features on crucible, the integrated GI ones, I presume?

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m not doing anything currently because thereā€™s now a better program for 1.2 with various features [Tool] DPYes - Player/pet DPS meter & Misc util

Hard to follow all the changes/updates. Is Grim Internals no longer an active app as of v 1.2 of GD ? All I want is the animals on the startup screen and scatter through the game world :slight_smile:

sadly is not updated anymore and the cute animals are gone :pensive:

@RedPriest Itā€™s not like we couldnā€™t make a hardmod with Grim Internals animals easily :thinking:

2 Likes

Beyond my skill set but maybe someone will give it a go. The full list of animals that could appear though is a secret known only to Glocken, who might be willing to give someone a list, plus the graphics, but no-one has heard from her in a long time now.

I gave it one go but failed so either itā€™s no so easy as I thought or I did something wrong (Iā€™m not very good at modding).

Here are files related to animals (I rebuilt them for 1.2) if someone wants to try 34.46 MB file on MEGA
My guess is that it misses some Lua code thatā€™s not publicly available to work properly

3 Likes

Thank you for all your work, and blessings to Glock. Ive moved to v.1.2

They can be reproduced in 1.2 through custom Mods. :melting_face:
Download: GI_Animal.7z

3 Likes

oh yeah i think i have something to add to the Architect in a while <3

Is/will there be a version of this for the new 1.2.0.4 build of the game? I get incompatible when running newest tool.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, this tool is no longer being supported. Crate have added some of its features to the game proper.

If you want some of the others it had then see here