Ultimate Hardcore Ranged Caster Deceiver- Profaned Oracle (Support/Healer)

Build Intro:

Yet another support build that was inspired by my undying love of The Augur set. Unfortunately, future guides would be further shortened to just the essentials since I’ve been putting in long hours at my new job but eh, that’s just life. Also, here’s a compilation of my other support builds in case anyone wants to find inspiration or improve them further:

1. Ultimate Hardcore Dual Wield Ranged Deceiver- The Tainted Sawbones (Support Healer)
  2. Ultimate Harcore Tactician- The Harmacist
  3. Ultimate Hardcore Deceiver- Plague Doctor (Support Healer)

Image Source: https://www.deviantart.com/subaru01rins/art/Overwatch-Mercy-halloween-658540476

Leveling

For leveling, I used this guide as a reference: [1.1.9.3] SSF Dreeg’s Evil Eye Sentinel - leveling and beginner build.

For specific details on leveling and more gear recommendations, you can follow the leveling section here: Ultimate Hardcore Dual Wield Ranged Deceiver- The Tainted Sawbones (Support Healer)

Regarding devotions, I do recommend following the path that is outlined below since I felt that it made the leveling process quite smooth.

Build

Final Build: Deceiver, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Attribute points- Physique / 66 Cunning / 37 Spirit / 4

The playstyle of this build should be quite self-explanatory just by looking at the grim tools page.

I would say that this build has a moderate amount of offensive and defensive potential. While on the attack, it can easily clear fodder enemies while doing consistent chip damage to uniques / bosses. Yet that isn’t a huge deal since the build can ‘spam’ heal four times in quick succession ( 3 heal skills + 1 healing potion ) ; The chain healing potential, combined with a 20% life steal and up to 900 points worth of health regeneration means that the character is pretty tough to take down, and can outlast opponents provided that players play around the skill cooldowns. Personally, I was playing like a moron due to work fatigue while fighting Korvaak and The Master of Flesh during the campaign, but pulled through just fine due to the amount of healing I was doing.

Where this build might shine the most is during coop sessions, since a majority of its skills are comprised of a combination of buffs, debuffs and healings - Stick close to your allies like a portable stat stick to support their combat performance and because you can due to your character’s innate resilience.

Devotion Pathing

Green Crossroads
Spider
Red Crossroads
Jackal
Blue Crossroads
Sailor’s Guide
Murmur, Mistress of Rumors (Bind to Dreeg’s Evil Eye)
Scholar’s Light
Raven
Ghoul (Bind to Possession)
Abomination (6 nodes to tainted Eruption, Bind to Storm Spread)
Revenant (Bind to Curse of Frailty)
Purple
Empty Throne
Refund Red, Blue, Purple Crossroads
Chariot of the Dead (5 nodes)
Hydra (3 nodes)