V1.1.7.1 Build Discussion

it would be cool if it spreads like Omen or Pox.

and this is a nice joke.

3 Likes

+1 to this. I remembery posting the same thing on the feedback section some time ago but no one gave a s**t.

The Dawnbreaker set is very over nerfed please show it some love!

2 Likes

i was serious about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find your build confusing. Is deadly momentum really worth only 1 point? Sheet weapon damage seems low to me. In such a scenario Oleron wouldn’t be good anyway, WD% and flat phys are both low?

On the topic of enemy armour. Is the order of defence the same for enemies where armour applies before resistances? If so, that means flat physical values up to ~100 are extremely poor value, and a Nem like Iron Maiden absorbs a high % of it. 3897/110 = 35.4. So you’d need ~+3440% phys damage just to begin getting more than the minimum 30% value out of Oleron flat, is that right?

I always thought Oleron should be higher CD with greater values due to enemy armour. It is also a bit of a struggle to Crit once every second as a 2H.

oh, really, Grava is such a weak nemesis. only all worst negative effects that exist and null. let’s make him one- or-two-shotting you!

I’m not a theorycrafter by any stretch - just take builds from around here. Still, could you guys please unmarry gunslinger Purifiers from fire damage and hard-lock into Ulzuin’s torch? There are, historically, several attempts at bi- or tri-elemental gunslinger purifiers that just don’t cut it compared to fire focus, neither in damage nor in survivability. One of the most recent examples is this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JGMyaV
Credit: [1.1.6.2] Elemental Purifier Featuring Fantastic Phasebreaker | CR ~6:00 | SR65+

I’d really love to see a bit more use for Elemental seeker, because as it stands now, almost every high-end modern pistol Purifier is carbon copy of each other with fire-Ulzuin torch-Bonemonger.

Example of such a build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g13GEZ
Credit: [1.1.5.2] Gloria Jailbird | DW Ranged Purifier | Deviltongue Fire Strike | Celestials | SR 85 | CR 170

The inequality in SR is the most apparent, while Crucible gets somewhat carried by AOE potential of full-penetration Firestrike. Single target damage is not there though.

Part of the issue is depressing unviability (compared to fire, lately fire Deviltongue) of Dagallon set and builds. Set tailor-made for bi-element gunner Purifier is instead entirely pushed out by Apostate-focused Bonemonger, that provides higher survivability and high QoL on seal. From my experience with both Crucible and SR, Dagallon is unable to take same amount of punishment, and then its damage doesn’t run up to Deviltongues. My internet is being a bitch and doesn’t open grimtools, so i can’t look up stats. But the last time I managed to clear 170 Crucible with Dagallon set was in early half of AoM patch cycle.

Edit: Correction on Dagallon. That’s the most recent build I’ve managed to find around here.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6k9mV
Credit: [1.1.4.2] Dagallon Purifier shoots Crucible 5:50

It was made for Crucible, admittedly. Which, again, has more to do with how ridiculous full penetration Firestrike AOE is than with actual damage numbers it produces. I remember trying it in SR on previous patch. It doesn’t work for 75, at all. Unlike the fire-torch-bonemonger clones.

2 Likes

I am not good enough to make my own builds yet, but through that i have noticed basically no one wants to have anything to do with drain essence, there is like one spellbinder build for it.

1 Like

@MBlade I don’t agree about Dawnbreaker being overnerfed or weak. Could you post GT link? Sure, it’s not fastest build but you can make it to be decent and very safe in crucible/sr and kill superbosses with it. Some version I was testing (probably this, I remaked it fast in gt): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gkXKE2, fastest run I had was 6:2x with 6:4x average and it kill Ravager in 1:30-1:40. Not even mention you can tank it up hard and be totally immortal almost like classic physical warlord.

Imo build that is under 7min in crucible AND it’s very safe, basically braindead and consistent in same time is in good spot.

Correct.

I didn’t think it was worth more because of the functionality of Armor. Granted, it’ll be multiplied by 5x from Cadence, but because it’s basically just another chunk of physical damage that gets swamped against enemy Armor on its lonesome, I didn’t value it too highly. Hence why I said this:

The character sheet is entirely irrelevant for non-converted Physical builds, in my opinion.

1 Like

Not posible due to War Cry’s template. -x% rr can only be applied to smtg like curse.

Not -X%, X% reduced, like Viper’s 4th node or the Rah’zin autoattack. As far as I’m aware, nothing prevents War Cry from carrying that kind of RR.

1 Like

Okay, hopefully this is the right place for this. Let’s talk about the green alkamos weapons:
Alkamos Warsword https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8774
Alkamos Scythe https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8768

I’ve never seen a build with these on here, and honestly I think they’re terrible. Especially if you compare to the Korvan halberds (!) which have so many awesome modifiers. They both focus on movement skills which is almost cool, except its a gimmick because shadow strike is far better for cold than blitz and vire’s might. Blitz’s issue is the cooldown and Vire’s is low damage, SS solves both and along with movement augments, it’s redundant. Also there’s almost NO cold support for these, so I had a better idea.

Change the skills to support cold conduits, which also need support. The warsword is aimed at 2H cold dervish, so have it support cold Righteous Fervor from the oathkeeper conduit. The scythe is aimed at 2H cold blademaster, so have it support cold Blade Arc from the soldier conduit. Or maybe even cold FW, I guess? Blade arc is cooler :slight_smile:

Both conduits don’t have much if any support at all and neither do the weapons, so let’s marry them. Reminder that 2H weapons often breaks NB sets so you can’t just slap on deathmark, or even SR set for that matter (conduit). Another big issue is that 2H cold blademaster and 2H cold dervish need RR, but I guess that’s a different topic. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blitz and Vire Might modifiers are cool as they are but if you consider to make a build around those skills, your build would probably use more like hit&run rather than static attacking. So I believe both of the items need flat frostburn damage in order to create the opportunity to frostburn dot builds with them. And maybe adding conversion to physical>cold to both oleron’s rage and divine mandate to convert all those trauma damage to frostburn would be cooler.(ofc Divine Mandate conversion is for Warsword and Oleron’s Rage conversion is for Scythe)

1 Like

How sad, the sheer +% physical required to get more than 30% value from many of these flat physical sources (including WPS, Blade Arc etc.) is crazy.

Using spam blade arc on Spellscourge must be very ineffective compared to Clean Sweep and Blitz then.

Adding some more support for the skills works too, I suppose. I still think it’s a little redundant to have 3 move skills (SS, augment, skill) but I guess it’s doable.

My issue when I tried to make a build from these two weapons was +skills and damage. There just isn’t any relevant gear almost at all. You can try for +skills but then you get 26/16 physical blitz and no %cold. Or something silly like 19/16 Vire’s might with a little cold damage. And compared to 26/16 SS with almost 3000% cold, well… that’s why I’m posting feedback :slight_smile:

Just they’re exist doesn’t mean that you have use them all together. Most of the time if I’m not building my damage around mobilty skills, instead of giving them 1-2 points I just use the augment and spare those point to some other skill. If the cold and frostburn damage(along with better aoe) of blitz or vire’s might is higher than shadow strike, then just don’t spend your points to SS, use them somewhere else.

Can’t speak on the Scythe but here’s banana_peel’s Cold Vire’s Might meme.

Cold Blitz has plenty of item support, it’s just that Shadow Strike or Bone Harvest are going to be stronger and more consistent. You’re right that Cold Vire’s Might lacks item support though, Alkamos’ Warsword doesn’t even support the offensive skill it features which I find odd. +4 to Vire’s Might and possibly Volcanic Stride instead of Ascension would be a big help to it.

1 Like

Oh wow, there’s a build! Thanks for sharing. Vanquisher’s seems hilariously out of place but I guess it works with good rolled MI’s. I also don’t see any extra RR, that’ll be fun with bosses. Oh well, I just wish these weapons were more than just meme builds.

Likewise, I just feel it’s a bit hasty to cut a unique playstyle so quickly when there’s already item support for it, Cold Vire’s Might could just do with a bit more in the right places.

Witch Hunter with Venomblade Set: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JGBmjV

In my opinion the Venomblade Set could use a slight buff in damage, specifically when using the full set. The build works fine overall, I have tuned it for the Hardcore game mode, so high phys res, slow res capped, general resistances well overcapped, good amount of Life leech. This is a legit build that was extremely expensive (Boots, Relic with nice bonuses, well rolled Rings) and time intensive (Zantarin Shoulders, ressource farming for all the crafting) to create. Yet a Witch Hunter with 2x Mad Queens Claw and generic SR Set (example: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jo604V) performs just as well when it comes to damage but with superior defense (because of all the CC res).

Again, this comes from the hardcore perspective. On Softcore where dying doesn’t really matter I could switch at least the boots to squeeze out a bit more damage.

My suggestion would be to buff either the weapons or the full set bonus. Maybe increasing the % Acid damage on the weapons would already be enough?