V1.1.9.2 Discussion

sorry, but I can’t say the build is really stable when I see this

and this image
the video looks like a lucky run with a non-impressive timing without any Gravas/IMs.
my version has higher LL, AS, flat damage, and still fails miserably in like half of runs and sometimes in SR.
I tested it intensively for three days, and I can’t say it is stable. Despite having good damage and HUGE racial and different layers of defence, I still fail.

3 Likes

Feel like Arcane Will should get flat health regen of its own, like 40 at 10/10 and 100-120 at 20/10, because 325% from zero is still zero. We get some flat from set pieces and Mog’s Pact, can get some from constellations of course, but that may require to go out of your way to get them, which is fair, but this begs the question - why not just focus on damage and life leech? Health regen is great for casters and pet builds, but this set supports AA builds strictly.

So, some actual regen on AW should help stack it up a bit, while also giving more incentive to raise the skill level, because right now on most builds it’s a one-pointer (although it’s a decent proc for my taste). Also adding health regen on Veilkeeper’s shoulders wouldn’t be bad at all.

edit: Actually, while thinking about health regen on Arcanist I came up with a bit stupid yet very sound idea of adding flat regen to… Reckless Power instead of Arcane Will! I was complaining about RP being probably the weakest exclusive since it doesn’t provide anything special like others. Obviously it would not make people obsessed about it, but at the same time it will actually help the builds that WANT to include some decent health regen in their build, aether or fire based.

1 Like

Tbf I laughed at that too, but haven’t played it myself, crit mentioned it felt like ultos builds. I know the main issue I’ve seen when trying to use stormreaver is leech doesn’t help as much thanks to the heavy dot/low base damage combo

here’s my version so you can try it yourself.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GzHZ85jYY7fqqxaG4EYzmhK-va1uPQtC?usp=sharing

I already said about Stormreaver, as the weapon looks odd with its incredibly low damage base.

1 Like

health regen may be a nice support on, say, Avenger Warder but still - only support. As Avenger has way more HP pool, better overall defensive stats, access to DR.

Druid is much more glassy, same as Ritualist. And both of them have very little in common with health regen.

And ofc, regen works when you have multiple fail-saves and enough CDR to sustain on them.

Ironically, Avenger doesn’t even need that regen as much because it can stack a ton of ADCTH from the weapon, blood pact, and its devo map. For druid, sounds like % healing effects might be better.

I’d like to share some feedback about about Callidor’s Tempest and in particular the cold spam version with Harra’s set.

With the buff to physical resistance and stun jacks sustain, cold spam jacks Saboteur is in a good place I think. I’ve had good results with mine (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAaE0lV): quick Ravager kill, efficient SR farmer and can climb up to SR85. I have no idea about Crucible.

I wanted to try cold spam Callidor. I went Druid to use a 2H weapon and stack up as much crit damage as I could. While the character is still a work in progress (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQMRnYN) here are a few observations and suggestions

1. The %weapon damage on Callidor’s Tempest is so low. I would do higher damage if I equipped Scion of the Screaming Veil which unexplicably almost doubles the weapon damage part of CT. How can any 2H weapon even compete with that, regardless of damage type? Would it be possible to to shift some of the power of the Scion of the Screaming Veil in the main skill, maybe raise Callidor base damage to 80% and lower Screaming Veil to 30% bonus?

2. Full set bonus to Callidor is really lackluster compared to the other skills it supports. One can achieve full conversion with Nacrathan medal, and since the amulet does nothing for Arcanist, I’d rather use a +1 skill amulet or something with flat cold anytime (one more reason to just go Screaming Veil). Hence the conversion is not the reason one would go full Harra. Now let’s look at the numbers and compare with stun jacks: those get +2 projectiles and 33 damage per jack. Meanwhile, CT gets only 60 flat damage and somehow less frostburn than stun jacks? Am I crazy to think those numbers could get bumped higher without breaking the game?

I understand I have more to do to evaluate performance; I’ll make a thread with videos as usual once I can tackle end game content. I wanted to make sure to give my feedback before the thread closes. Thanks for your time :smiley:

5 Likes

there’s another thing, that bothers me a lot: getting my toggle skills (and the respective devotion procs) off-ed. There seem to be at least two possibilities: empty energybar or several debuffing enemies.

I usually only notice it AFTER a fight (which offs me almost), and I wonder why I did struggle so hard suddenly, only to see that my Toggles are gone.

There should be some sort of WARNING (optical, acoustical, whatever…) that cannot be overseen, overheard, ignored. Similar to the leveling sound for example or the red glow, when you get you ass kicked and are about to die.

I would highly appreciate, when something like that could be implemented? What do the others think?

5 Likes

Some kind of sound or visual alert would be nice. When i beat Korvaak on ultimate with my Winter King Pet build, it took longer than i expected. Only after the fight was done that i noticed that my Heart of the Winter King aura had been turned off at some point in the Tomb of the Eldritch Sun. The aura was responsible for 50% of the physical damage being converted to cold and most of my RR was elemental and cold. So, my RR was doing nothing during the fight. The fight was still easy but it could have been a lot better.

if getting hit by Nulli orbs Rick Astley plays a comforting tune :laughing:
-kickstart a fundraiser if you need for the licensing Z, just make it happen :rofl:

1 Like

This Ultos set
fully support Lightning but why it still has physical bonus part? Quite useless.
My suggestion: add bleeding or piercing (or even both) support to this set, and remove % physical dmg.

Probably because Korvan Wyrm and Avenger’s Crusher exist for some physical PS and Savagery action. I would actually vouch for the helmet to get % phys damage.

The biggest concern of Ultos set is obnoxious 60% lightning res for 3-piece bonus. Something that takes its roots from vanilla game I reckon. But seriously, we get lightning res from Eye of the Storm, Spear and Tempest, and Ultos’ amulet as well! Why would anyone need that much lightning res? Hell if I know.

If we take a look at other “single mastery” sets, we will see that their 3-piece bonus is more reasonable:

• Deathmarked: 40% pierce res;
  • Markovian: 30% slow res;
  • Iskandra: 50% slow res;
  • Dreeg: 12% phys res;
  • Virtue: 8% health;
  • Runebinder: 30% elemental res;
  • Uroboruuk: 800 heatlh;
  • Ulzuin: 15% phys res.

So basically all provide usefull bonuses for almost any scenario. But Ultos… just gives you more lightning res than you’ll ever need, instead of acid or pierce res which are missing on the set anyway. And acid res is hard-hard-hard to get on elemental builds.

Someone was talking about how to improve Tempest constellation. Well, replacing lightning res on it with acid or pierce would be a starter. Spear already has it with 3% max res to lightning.

5 Likes

Another vitality/bleed item examination; Mythical Death’s Reach. apparently, when you reach death, death also reaches you :wink:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zj6qj2 I know this is not the intended style but I’m not gonna talk about build performance since the character is bugged and surely will affect the result as it probably did with Vitality PS one since both are builded on the same character. Deleting it and leveling another character will take some time so I couldn’t push it’s limits but some first impressions should be correct.

This item based on 3 classes; Shaman, Occultist, Oathkeeper and some Siphon Souls support;

Main purposes are Vitality EoR and Vitality/Bleeding Bloody Pox, Devouring Swarm.

The build I tested have very good Bleeding RR, good stacking options and adequate bleeding damage on Savagery but it lacked serious flat vitality thus the sustain is not reliable. I know it’s a vitality build nevertheless the sustain is so bad you can feel it in main campaign aswell.

• I didn’t try Archon nor Sentinel but those should have a problem shared with Conjurer. Lack of Lightning>Vitality Conversion.(Or elemental>vitality)

Being able to convert lightning>vitality should increase the flat damage which will help the sustain. This will also help EoR by converting some of the Soulfire’s flat.

• Skill proc embed the weapon is not helping due to 2 reasons; too long CD and low OA.

Making it ‘‘Chance on Attack’’ instead crit; to maybe %10 chance and reducing cooldown to 2,5 or even 2 second should help the sustain a bit. Because item already provides OA and it’s not enough. It will be even worse in SR.

• I don’t know why this item have CDR instead AS. It provides EoR which fueled by AS and supports Bloody Pox + Devouring Swarm which have no cooldown. Only for Siphon Souls? To use Sigils maybe but build have not much extra points? Nevertheless cdr helps only for devotions, it reduces the cooldown to 0,8 instead 1 sec on Scales :slight_smile:

My version have some different AS sources by procs and I’m aware 2H’s will get some buff with Kraken changes, but still this item can use some attack speed(even cast speed and movement speed lol).

• Last; build feels squishy even with decent Phys Resist and %20 Damage Absorption. I don’t know it’s related to being bugged character since I felt the same while playing as Rotgheist Primal Strike. Or maybe related to lack of sustain. Just for your information.

Please Notice: Savagery modifier on Bloodrager Helmet(and +1 shaman) make it impossible to choose related Gargoyle Visage or even Packla’s Skins. And I don’t know if such build can’t use those MI’s… which build can? It limits the freedom. Maybe it should be moved to the fourth set bonus. And soem more love to these MI’s.

PS: This character existed as Rotgheist Primal Strike before respec-ing into Death’s Reach version and I did farm rouge-likes and totems while leveling the devotions. And since I realized it’s bugged I see no reason to keep it but my first impressions are; even the bleeding damage is looks good, this build probably can’t even do 75-76 when it’s done, I had hard times even in main campaign.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Some feedback on Mythical Korvan Wyrm
The build in question: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKG0OoN
I tried building around the concept of CD primal strike, which is what the item obviously wants the player to do. I stacked as much dot support as I could manage into the build for the CD version. The results are shown in the video below. While for the most part the build feels safe, it ultimately can die just due to lack of kill speed. I had more or less neutral damage mutators here, and the results were less than average. Armored or shattered mutator makes things absolutely terrible. (almost assured failure) I understand the argument could be made for turning the item into a thunderous strike item, but there is a lot more work to make that work than making the CD version work IMO.

My thoughts on potential changes.

• replace lightning/electrocute % damage bonuses on the weapon with %bleeding damage instead. When using the item for primal strike there is no lightning left to support with the crossbow, making those % values entirely useless. Also increasing the average base value from 255% to ~300% would help.
  • Increase the flat IT granted by the crossbow. At a max roll it is roughly ~142 /sec of weapon flat… which isn’t anything to write home about. (and/or add flat bleeding damage if the first suggestion is taken)
  • Give Inquisitor seal 10 - 15% physical RR and/or a flat cooldown reduction mod.
  • Give Inquisitor seal a flat IT mod 200-400 IT per second + increase the summon limit or increase the radius. This could be an interesting option due to the dot stacking mechanics behind player pets
  • Add % internal trauma damage to farseer medal. Supporting four damage types isn’t unusual for a medal
  • Increase the DA value on dustbrawler shoulders + increase the skill bonuses to +3. This would allow for capping of inquisitor seal easier.
  • Add a +2 meter radius mod to primal strike.
  • Increase average CDR roll on Korvan wyrm to 17% instead of 12%
  • Flat CD reduction for primal strike somewhere.

These are just my ideas. A combination of them could lead to a nice end game build to be made around this item. I hope something can be done to improve this combo. The visuals of golden inquisitor seals and gold lightning are fantastic.

5 Likes

Before this thread closes, i’d like to ask for a change to Bysmiel’s Grasp. I have theorycrafted this build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDBGBY2

I will start leveling it today. It looks fine on paper but i don’t understand why the weapon has attack speed. I know that it is meant for IEE but it is counter intuitive for a summoner to go close to enemies and smack them in the head with a stick. That’s why i placed a Seal of Skies on it. Spamming a strong and synergistic skill seems a lot better and i believe this item would be more attractive if it had casting speed instead of attack speed. Please, consider changing this.

This is a sentiment I’ve observed repeatedly, so I think it may be time to cut that % Weapon damage mod on the set helm and shift it to the base skill + other gear slots, probably some medal options.

6 Likes

how about adding some +Savagery points to sets like Veilkeeper and Avenger? They boost wps/Upheaval but getting 24/16 savagery to furthermore boost these skills is almost impossible without some serious sacrifices.
the examples of builds:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GgpKq2

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jnOx42

another weird observation over the stacks of Savagery is that the tooltip damage doesn’t increase with getting stacks. is this intended to be so and how does it actually work?

2 Likes

Bloodrager helm is indeed universally a bit too strong for phys(+bleed) shaman compared to alternatives and would be even a first choice for some other dmg types. Partly moving its bonus to the base skill sounds pretty good. And some medal for AA support is always welcomed :smiley:

Speaking of medals, i’ve noticed somewhat poor medal choice for lightning builds. There are only 8 epic/leg lightning medals (82lvl+) most of which are set specific. And the only two MI lightning medals are for off-beat lightning casters.

1 Like

How about increase Savagery on bladetwister signet from +2 to +3 ? This will make it possible to take 24/16 Savagery with Avenger set.Also about Avenger set. Can we get a bonus flat internal trauma to Smite for 4 parts set ? This should help Avengers warlord. Also dont forgot support phys RF is very litle (only 1 ring and 1 medal).

Also a QoL request.
Change attack speed from Vicious Jawbone to all speed (the first reason cast speed, second - run speed).
Augment Bysmiel’s Cunning and 2H version not use in pierce builds and I suggest change % pierce to 25/40 OA.

One thing i forgot to mention, since WPS will be reworked.

Is there a way to increase devo proc chances for WPS? Oftentimes you are short on procers so you need to invest in some sort of casts and break the integrity of the playstyle.

6 Likes