V1.1.9.2 Discussion

When trying to build a bleeding Oppressor, I noticed that there is an itemization conflict that hinders the build pretty substantially.

So here is my thought process - bleeding oppressor will want to use Bolvar’s pendant because it’s tailor-made for bleed oppressors. This build would likely use Vire’s Might as its main attacking skill due to its high damage and bleed synergy, which means it also wants to use the Goredrinker set. Unfortunately, since the Goredrinker set has an amulet, the player has to choose between an amulet tailor-made for the build or the 4-piece completion bonus of Goredrinker.

I’d recommend moving some of the 4-piece VM bleed mod damage to the helm’s bleed mod damage. This way, it doesn’t feel quite as bad to go for 3 piece Goredrinker while wearing Bolvar’s amulet.

I played this build after Bolvar’s amulet was created, and I was excited for the Goredrinker set, but I just can’t find a way to make good use of both

1 Like

Bolvar’s Amulet is also a problem with Vitality/Bleed synergy. When you use Blood Knight set, you definitely want the set’s amulet for minion procs which means %30 Bleeding RR loss for an Oppressor. There is a hairball consist all these vitality/bleed items and I really don’t know what can be done to fix all and create more building opportunities. Especially in melee side. I provided some thoughts of mine in this thread but apparently forgot to mention Bolvar’s blocking.

1 Like

Bladetwister is terrible for Avenger, since its conversion interferes with lightning to phys. Even with +3 savagery, its bad resists still make it worse than most other phys rings.

2 Likes

Single elemental conversion happens first. So assuming a 100%+ roll, it shouldn’t have a negative effect.

it doesn’t because of what Valinov mentioned.
though the proc and overall bad stats make it a rather terrible choice.

Avenger is lightning to physical tho, and that means it comes after elemental to pierce on bladetwister.

Pretty sure elemental conversions come before any single fire, cold and lightning conversions. Unless something changed recently.

1 Like

they don’t. in Avenger’s case, lightning -> phys conversion applies first.

1 Bladetwister, Avenger crusher and Brute force:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDBDY12

2 bladetwisters, Avenger crusher and Brute force:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdn6x2

Avenger crusher and Brute force:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BrGBr2

Since Avenger crushers average roll for conversion is 100%, you would expect 0 pierce damage with the bladetwister ring(s) because you said lightning to physical conversion happens first.

2 Likes

Yup, i vividly remember now when i played Warder Avenger with Bladetwister and always wondering where the pierce damage was coming from.

1 Like

conversion on main hand comes before the ring slots, that’s how it works with trielemental vs single elemental conversions.

1 Like

Do you know the “order list”? Is it published somewhere?

Lol there’s now a item priority for elemental conversion? Because that’s what that conversion needed, to be even more confusing.

Zantai posted it somewhere

6 Likes

Here:

Familiar pic…

2 Likes

So, elemental conversion can still go before fire, cold and lightning, like Ulvar showed? Meaning item priority only matters to elemental conversion when multiple conflicting elemental conversions are in play, and also meaning elemental conversion is above any single element conversion in the conversion order.

2 Likes

Are you sure you want to turn V1.1.9.2 discussion into a Elemental conversion discussion?
There a million of special cases when 3-ele and single-ele conversion order swaps.

1 Like

my experience has always been like @Ulvar1 shows
unless the conversion is a transmuter, Bladetwisters come first, which is why they are poopoo annoying on phys builds :unamused:

would seem like that’s GT only, and ingame it’s working as “intended”/as @Valinov says :thinking:
wow, that opens up somethings now :exploding_head:

how is another 10 free RR bad for a phys build already using savagery?

I hope not, but at least in my mind, things are a bit murky still, so maybe I could try to present a couple representative examples that someone could clarify, and perhaps a mod could move this into its own topic at their discretion.

Example 1:
@Ulvar1’s grimtools example https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDBDY12
We have

• Starting with 105 flat lightning damage from Brute Force
  • 100% lightning->physical conversion in gear slot 1 (according to numbered chart)
  • 25% elemental->pierce conversion in slot 5
  • Grimtools displays non-zero (41) final pierce damage

Correct me if I’m wrong, but without making assumptions I see three possibilities:

1. Grimtools implements conversion incorrectly; 100% lightning should apply first (either because of the numbered gear chart or because it should always apply first)
  2. Elemental conversion always comes before lightning, which is why we get non-zero pierce damage at the end.
  3. Total lightning conversion sums to 125% (with 25% coming from gear slot 5 via elemental conversion) and is scaled down to 100% so that lightning->pierce conversion becomes 20%.

Note: as far as I can tell, the grimtools numbers most closely match #3 since 20% of 105 flat pierce damage gives us 21, which is then multiplied by 1.946 (+73% pierce damage from ring and +21.6% pierce damage from cunning) to get about 41 pierce damage shown in grimtools under weapon damage. I don’t believe grimtools is implementing #2, since if it were, the final pierce damage should display as higher than it is, and of course grimtools can’t be doing #1, since final pierce damage is non-zero.

So the question is what’s supposed to happen here? Is grimtools wrong? If so, how?

I also found this statement

in the referenced topic, which got me thinking that maybe I should pose an example to clarify possible interpretations of this as well, so here it is:

Example 2 (pure hypothetical— numbers may not correspond to real gear):

• Start with 100 lighting damage
  • Slot 1: 50% elemental->aether
  • Slot 2: 25% lightning->vitality
  • Slot 3 25% elemental->chaos
  • Slot 4 50% elemental->aether

Final damage breakdown should be…? A step-by-step calculation if possible would be nice even though it might seem obvious to you.

That also seem to contradict the conversion order as grey-maybe wrote about.

1 Like