V1.1.9.8 Discussion

I’ll send you one file of the same maps as the sub 4 run, and another of the same maps as the 4:10 run, later today after work. Let’s see how you can do with our “insane luck”.

Seems that you still have prejudice and discrimination against us of being bad at playing this game.
Problems are solved once they are found. Next time we find another problem, we solve that. And if some time later it is proved strongly not a problem, we still have the chance to bring it back.

Why should I use this specific build to go CR farming if I can have much higher farming efficiency in SR?

If a build has better farming efficiency in CR than in SR, then we are gonna use that in CR, and the same as when SR being better than CR. Now it’s a average sub 6 SR farming build without any buff potion and it’s the fastest one to our knowledge. Considering that one single SR run has a lot more trophies than one single CR run, it’s still among the best farmers.

A probably average 7:30 SR farmer has a similar farming efficiency as average 5:00 in CR. You can count the trophy difference yourself. And widely acceptable SR farmers in our community are like average 8:00. Spellscourge Battlemage is a good example. It was around 8:00ish in SR, but it’s super tanky, so it got nerfed a bit.

Blame the gamemode? Come on please no, never. How many other so-so builds will be deeply hurt if the SR farming goes even slower?

Scourge is much faster on avg. I don’t even remember going over 8 minutes with it once.

That’s curing symptoms as far as i’m concerned.

I will blame SR to my GD’s end. Severely flawed gamemode and very underwhelming endgame for a gameplay masterpiece GD is.

Seems like you wanna stop seeing insults in every word. This game is hard, figuring stuff out is hard. You guys did it and it took over a year for the whole community. Because the game is hard. Which calls for seeing problem roots. Not nerfing one item/set into trash until next thing pops up.

Delete Octavius, problem solved.

Grim Dawn 2 when?

3 Likes

Here’s a little question. Why exactly is Fervor Octavius faster in SR then FW/Aegis? Is it the shield wps?

Octavius and his dogs
Octavius S&B Oathkeeper ONLY—6:26 SR run;
Octavius S&B Warlord—3:53 SR run;
Octavius S&B Shieldbreaker—5:45 SR run;
Octavius S&B Oppressor—5:24 SR run;
Octavius S&B Dervish—5:38 SR run;
Octavius S&B Templar—4:53 SR run;
Octavius S&B Paladin—5:11 SR run;
Octavius S&B Sentinel—5:47 SR run;
Octavius S&B Archon—5:55 SR run;
All career with Oathkeeper (some of them don’t have any support for physical and trauma damage) can easily play a sub6 (or even sub5,sub4) run with nearly the same Octavius configuration—faster than atleast 95% builds of their own career.
(Ironically, the Octavius set is originally designed for Forcewave and Rune of Kalastor instead of S&B melee builds.)

I don’t know what can be called ‘OP’ and ‘abuse’,if this isn’t.
This has made hundreds builds of their own career meaningless.

I only saw a guy who lost his mind trying to destroy all SR builds and even the SR gamemode but being unwilling to see even a tiny touch on Octavius.

Anyway, I’m a man of my word. I’ve uploaded these two files, which has nothing to do with build balance but will only immobilize the maps in SR. The map sets are immobilized the same as the super fast run videos show. Whoever wants to manage a sub 4 or a 4:10 SR run can try them.

To use these files:

1. Unzip it.
  2. Shut down already running Grim Dawn game.
  3. Replace the file of the same file name in your Grim Dawn folder. It’s in: Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/gdx2/database
  4. Reboot Grim Dawn game.
  5. Don’t forget to backup already existing files.

It’s your show time. @banana_peel

4:10.zip (3.7 MB)
Sub4.zip (3.7 MB)

2 Likes

On its way now (new folder created) lol :rofl:

another way to solve the problem would be to make something “better” than octavius and make it so that crate of entertainment has to be killed 10times in a row to get one piece to drop :smiling_imp: and that too wearing Lokarr set and wilhelm wargem :dotted_line_face:

1 Like

Aegis itself is too weak. Things won’t change much with or without Aegis. Forcewave is good.
Octavius RF (amatok’s breath) with FW is also very very fast, maybe close to this non-FW one, but I’m not used to adding another proc when it’s already super fast.

It is complicated. The main reason is sky high shield trauma fits the playstyle perfectly. There is no urgent need of FW or Aegis to deal shield %WD. Amatok’s Breath and Blitz works fine and reduced a lot of damage taken.
Chain of Anguish also contributes a lot. As I mentioned before, the debuff can be almost avoided if you play smartly in SR with a DoT build and there isn’t enough risk. Then it’s a belt with very good values.

1 Like

Personally I like to see the weaker ones buffed rather than the stronger ones nerfed. So the first thing I mentioned in this thread is asking for buffing DoT retaliation.
But I can’t remember who says but a saying that only buffs to the game will result in strengh to be excessive. :thinking:

in the current patch , as far as I understand, the monster resistances were scaled down a bit . So if not so much used or ignored items get a buff the monsters could get some too to keep the balance in place. like Zantarin’s shotgun range buff :upside_down_face: for example .

Well this is possibly of the same results as nerfing the stronger ones, but makes players (me included) feel much more comfortable emotionally.
The only concern is, this is a much bigger job with so many things to pay atention to subsequently.

1 Like

Yes you are right about that there. So keeping true to (as much as possible) what Mr. Zantai started this thread with, devotions can get buffs/debuffs , and/or increase the number of devo points unlockable without increasing the number of shrines .

For example from 55 if it’s 65 , people will be able to get more out of existing builds (or make weird builds like me ) . Also crucible will be encouraging to many players who do not go for extreme end game builds .

Like people take kraken for 2h even if they are using ranged 2h (as far as I seen) but barely both kraken and hydra.

I’m just here to state, that i’m insanely frustrated and annoyed because of the Octavius is OP discussions. Can you guys simply stop or do you need to make another 200 posts?

Octavius is not OP (i have 42 end game characters and one of them is an Octavius Warlord) and i’m 100% against any nerfs to the set. I don’t want to see the build getting nerf because of some stupid GD stashed build played by a CR player.

I want to see discussions here about other stuff, anything but Octavius at this point. Like, actual problems, for instance :

• Healers on SR’s
  • Monsters (humans) with 150%+ resistances
4 Likes

In fact it’s super fast SR run and it does not contain any triple green that is only available with GD stash lol.

I talked that before.

It’s time for you to bring that topic back. If you want to raise more attention on that, you’d better put forward some interesting (or even ridiculous) ideas or suggestions.

I believe the droprate for seals of binding was already buffed. They didnt drop as often a few years ago. Though the main problem there is that enemies you have to kill to get seals of binding are incredibly weak, and, therefore, have poor droprates. I’d like to see seals of binding dropping from far tougher enemies, and with higher droprate.
As for Blood of Chton - i dont think its droprate is bad. If you need it, you can just dismantle tons of legendaries dropped by Crucible or Shattered Realm, 50% of the time you get Blood of Chton or similar ingredient (and those can be traded for Blood of Chton via blacksmiths). Getting enough maths to craft Dynamite isnt hard too - either via farm or vendors.

Actually, “triple green” (aka MI with two rare mods) is very possible to obtain though normal gameplay too. I’ve got more than a dozen of such items worth saving with just a several days of farming endgame content (and vendored even more). Hell, i’ve even seen a few in the vendor shop selling MI’s. Of course, getting the one with 2 BiS rare mods perfectly suited for your your build on proper MI is another story.

I agree, it isnt OP. It’s just perfectly suited for SR fastrun. I believe GD endgame is more than just a SR fastrun.

It’s because Hydra has just good bonuses, while Kraken has absolutely insane ones. There is no way for one to ignore those (except for retal casters and summoners, maybe).

the shaman’s skill Upheaval is a bit weak now for its small target area and harsh triggering conditions now.especially in ranged weapon BD.In consideration of the pass through is now all move to attack skill,a ranged weapon BD can easily get pass through aoe by pyroclasm mark/plunderer’s talisman/shadow flame,which makes the Upheaval cannot be triggered and became no competitive than passthrough skills.
For comparison,the explosive strike is now more strong than Upheaval.

OK,it’s not OP,need more buff on Octavius @Zantai

Most often than not a better optimized build played by a better pilot.

You guys need to learn the new better way of hardmodding. There’s no need to download / provide the whole 30MB GDX2.arz (but just a few KB of what you changed) or to modify game’s files that are overwritten by Steam’s updates anyway. Can also choose whether to play a game normally or hardmodded depending on whether you launch from a shortcut or not. Also usually no need to update it after game’s version change.

2 Likes

Did some runs with this layout with the last good build i played that isn’t heavy on the system, until laptop started lagging. Unfortunately right now cant do proper speedrun of this because aether room turns the game into a slideshow in every run and you can’t miss inputs there.

Here is the best i got:

Besides resets and deaths to lags, all runs i finished with this were sub5 min, mostly in 4:40-50 range. The ceiling (better bosses and spawns, no lags) feels like 4:10-20 so some 20 secs weaker than Octavius record. But this build is not the best for SR because AoE is mostly fire/burn portions of Vindictive and knockback slows you down.

Maybe will try some other builds another time.