Want to learn to make mods for Grim Dawn

First off, it’s been a long time since I last played Grim Dawn and I have missed it. I played with the Smashing Necropocalypse mod, but I think it’s safe to say it’s been abandoned. I want to make something like it, but I have no idea how to get started.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you have a look at the sticky thread in this section which has a whole load of guides to help you get started with modding the game?

No, I’m afraid I have not really figured out how to navigate this forum just yet.

Asset Manager is important. I’ve only learnt it and can make small modifications. Maybe start with that. Here’s what I wrote to some user:

First do everything like in this single post (setting up Asset Manager)

Double check if Additional Browse and Source directories are properly filled (two expansion).
Entries for them differ slightly and it’s easy to make mistake.

And then you change something / build mod like in this post

1 Like

Thank you. I have the Asset Manager set up now, but before I start anything, I think it might be best to explain what I’m looking to do. I do have some experience modding games, but not many. I wanted to make my own mod like Smashing Necropocalypse, using Smash N Grab, Cataclysm and Heretical Might, but with some of my own changes to Masteries. For one, I wanted to see if I could change the Necromancer’s Raise Skeleton ability to be a toggled ability that passively raises a skeleton every few seconds. Then make an augment for it that halves the time between raising skeletons while raising two at once, but you can only raise basic skeletons. I am not sure how difficult this would be to do.